Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold Mushrooms on Wednesdays ONLY

Juliet1972Juliet1972
Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
in Erinn Chat
Being that this is the 1st Discussion, I want to take the opportunity during this 1-hour Maintenance just to see what everyone is thinking about.

Caligirl of Erinn (from Alexina since 2009)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I heard that you can install gold mushroom patches on Homesteads but that they only work on Wednesday as well.
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    How does one get back into mabi. It's been years and I have tried but it doesn't feel the se as 2010. Also no other mmo also fills the same niche that mabi did. No one I know plays mabi
    Tinysatanchan
  • Fai7Fai7
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    CyborgJiro wrote: »
    How does one get back into mabi. It's been years and I have tried but it doesn't feel the se as 2010. Also no other mmo also fills the same niche that mabi did. No one I know plays mabi

if you need help in game add Davos5 ill help ya get back into the game meta of the game as change since good old 2010 and new easy way play is to go with Chain skill set since it cover AoE and even dodge to certain point but i think they have made the game much easier to help new and return players with Addition to the Auction House and newer skill it easy to say the game has change but in my honest opion for the better and with the newer updates down the line I can only see improving so far. oh another note i do think the golden mushroom limit for only Wednesdays ONLY is little outdated and maybe should be adjusted to in game hours to allow harvest only at night time in Homestead at certain hours but allow harvest everyday of the week.
    purpleyWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

If you play alone, it'll probably be harder to get back into it; make new friends then. Games like this are really about interacting with folks. Sure, you can ignore everyone else and pretend it's a single-player game, but why do that?

Since 2010, probably the biggest change is the combat system. They removed the skill load times and tacked them onto the cool down times, but not monsters; they're still on the old system. This makes one-on-one combat possible without being one of those tiresome braggarts from back in the day that told you combat was SOOO easy but wouldn't tell you how to do it. Remember them? They don't exist anymore; thank gawd.

As suggested, a chain weapon is pretty nice. Knuckles are available to all races now, not just giants. Although perhaps not as good as chain they are also pretty nice. Duncan has a service where he lowers all your skills back to rank F returning the AP back to you. You can just respend the AP and put the skills back up without training. Anyway this is a means to borrow AP from yourself and also to lower your combat power to make training some skill MUCH easier. WARNING partial progress is lost when you do this. There's a girl in Dunbarton, near the grocer, who gives away rebirth renewable quests that give insane amounts of experience; it's so much easier to hit level 200 because of it and also because they lowered the experience curve by a lot shortly after you quit the game: "who reached rank 50 at 10" is NOTHING now.