Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we please get a partner rework?

CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
Mabinogi Rep: 890
in Feedback and Suggestions
Customizable partners have always been more fun to me than pets. They are intractable, have quests and can be customized with appearance options and clothes.

But the system has a lot of major problems like that they are much weaker than pets now after the finni system which for some reason partners cannot use.

Partners have a limited inventory and you have to spend real money anytime you want to take anything out of their inventory which makes giving them more than a few outfits a pain or giving them equipment for battle or repairing things or even using them as a pet inventory just doesn't work.

Also limiting on character creation, they don't age so we should be able yo choose their height. Also being able to make elves would be really nice too. As well as other possible jobs rather than just maid/butler or commerce partner.

I know people would be even more willing to use partners if they got some kind of revamp and I know for a fact I would buy more partners and gatchapon for this
KagenokamiHightowers

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    nomigid15 wrote: »

Both of those are really good suggestions that deserve to be seen by the developers!
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I can get behind this certainly, although I have a big more that I would add to this topic.

First off, I think that, like pets, we should be able to increase their available summon time (or just have them not HAVE a summon limit) and inventory space using pet-trainer skills (Although I still think time should be increased using Fynni pets rather than explicitly requiring real pets, but that's a topic for a different time). I also feel that, as they are closer to characters than pets that we should have more control over their stats or skills. Being able to help them rank their skills and/or acquire new ones through quests or the like would be an interesting way to breathe more life into the partner system.

Second, since partners are different from pets, I'd like to see a system implemented where you can simultaneously have a pet and a partner summoned. This would be especially handy for certain levels of Commerce, but could also provide a nice buffer in dungeons.

I could go on and on with things I think would be nice to add to a partner rework but I think I will leave it at that for now. I definitely feel like its a system that has been somewhat forgotten, so it would be nice to see them rework it to better align with the present state of the game.
    CyborgJiroHightowers
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Amazing ideas! I hope they at least get considered. It does feel like partners have been mostly forgotten by the devs.
  • ElrisElris
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Yes please.

Honestly, if I could equip partners with a wider variety of weapons/armor, I'd probably buy a squad of them.
    CyborgJiro