Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Custom Idle Animations

KagenokamiKagenokami
Mabinogi Rep: 905
in Feedback and Suggestions
Please consider allowing custom idles on outfits/clothing that don't already have an animation of their own. There are a number of really cool non-motion outfits that I would love to wear with the idle of one of my motion-enabled outfits but the system arbitrarily restricts the function. Please fix this in the name of fashionogi! :D
VeebatCyborgJiro

Comments

• VeebatVeebat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,495
    I want this too. I'm always wearing my 2012 winter newbie wear but it just doesn't have a motion.
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    edited April 30, 2022
    Veebat wrote: »
    I want this too. I'm always wearing my 2012 winter newbie wear but it just doesn't have a motion.

Indeed. (Disregard what I said before if you read it before I realized my error.)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Most likely they won't do this, because it will kill the whole point of getting special/non-special gacha outfits. Yeah, that sucks and i know it's also scummy.
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Greta wrote: »
    Most likely they won't do this, because it will kill the whole point of getting special/non-special gacha outfits. Yeah, that sucks and i know it's also scummy.

Actually it doesn't? Cause you would still need to get an outfit with a motion you like. But it would also let you use some of their beautiful non-gacha outfits with the motion system. They lose no money by making this change.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I wanted my Talek outfit to have animation. :(
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    There's tons of gatcha and nongatcha outfits this would benefit. Idk why they restricted this in the first place
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    CyborgJiro wrote: »
    There's tons of gatcha and nongatcha outfits this would benefit. Idk why they restricted this in the first place

Because MONEY.
    CyborgJiro
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    CyborgJiro wrote: »

Because MONEY.

I mean..yeah that's true..
  • SakiAngel1SakiAngel1
    I feel the same way since I wear a lot of outfits too that are just motionless altogether not so much "Not Special". Wasn't sure how the update was going in the 1st place and I thought at first that maybe it was going to be that way possibly but I wasn't too hopeful.

Of course, in the end, it wasn't and I was like I understand money and all but then thought will if money is the big issue why not just give us an IM item that adds the option. Like a motion unlock scroll or bottle that makes an outfit that is initially motionless able to use the motion option we set when using our tab.

Can even make it so said outfits become character locked so trade unlocks potions(Or even a new version just for this) would be in more demand and could be another IM sell. Adding them in gachas with them already motion unlocked and once put on set would give another item that players might roll for, and if these new items are tradeable at least once they'll just become a norm for IM sellers to buy for quick money.

Yea Idk if it would really work but that was my thought on the idea when the motion stuff came out and it wasn't implementable on most things.