Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bit of a gripe with the DIY kits now being sold.

KisarayaKisaraya
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
edited May 3, 2022 in Item/Premium Shop
I got one, and I was hoping for something like the natural dye vendor that's part of some events. Instead what we got are fixed colors that aren't even very special. Let me show you. Here is an example I got for the instrument one;

https://ibb.co/Yhw16y5

(Updated)

The 'selection' of colors is extremely limited, and repeated a lot. You select the shade of color, and then have to take whatever palette of that color they decide to give you. You can not pick out your own rgb or hex codes. This makes it extremely limited. Save your money when it comes to this one. Not certain if the others are similar but it is insulting when you see DIY "but we pick the colors".

I will repeat again. It is 2022. Why is there such a resistance to players dying their equipment the colors that they want? Some equipment isn't dyeable even though it has colors, others aren't dyeable period. And for as many different kinds of dye there are, you really can only get the EXACT color for regular or metal colors when Nexon decides to bring back the natural dye vendor.

Seriously Nexon, you want money. Let us make the colors we want for our favorite gear. Instead of pretending and going "Oh here's $2 for a blue, you want blue right?"
TwelieKirara01CyborgJiroPumpkinRio

Comments

• TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    I agree. I was really sad when I picked out a hair dye and had the same issue.
  • SatsukoSatsuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Kisaraya wrote: »

Link is broken, would you be able to reupload? I would very much like to see the evidence so I can decide for myself.

• CICILIACICILIA
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I want to be able to match the DIY dyes up with the Glittering Dye bottle flashies but I can't. I've tried to make certain flashies and they don't sync. I make them the exact same way every time and yet they don't match up. I sent in a ticket about it but they never did anything. It would be nice if we could put a dye into the DIY mold to auto sync or something.
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    edited May 11, 2022
    It also sucks that with the limited color selection, we cannot even preview it on our clothes before using it.
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    Kisaraya wrote: »
    I got one, and I was hoping for something like the natural dye vendor that's part of some events. Instead what we got are fixed colors that aren't even very special. Let me show you. Here is an example I got for the instrument one;

https://ibb.co/Yhw16y5

(Updated)

The 'selection' of colors is extremely limited, and repeated a lot. You select the shade of color, and then have to take whatever palette of that color they decide to give you. You can not pick out your own rgb or hex codes. This makes it extremely limited. Save your money when it comes to this one. Not certain if the others are similar but it is insulting when you see DIY "but we pick the colors".

I will repeat again. It is 2022. Why is there such a resistance to players dying their equipment the colors that they want? Some equipment isn't dyeable even though it has colors, others aren't dyeable period. And for as many different kinds of dye there are, you really can only get the EXACT color for regular or metal colors when Nexon decides to bring back the natural dye vendor.

Seriously Nexon, you want money. Let us make the colors we want for our favorite gear. Instead of pretending and going "Oh here's $2 for a blue, you want blue right?"

I just bought one and I was hoping it would be like the Doki, Doki, Event where you can put the numbers of the colors for the dye and was super disappointed when I saw what it was. The description is hardcore misleading too imo, "Use this mold to create your own Fixed Color Dye Ampoule with colors mixed just the way you like them." Which is false cause you can only choose from what they allow you to choose, never buying it again lol.