Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please let Ukrainians play!

Comments

• Baka009Baka009
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    Katherz wrote: »
    Unfortunately, in order to comply with an Executive Order by the President of the United States earlier in the year, we had to place restrictions on all of Ukraine. These restrictions were already in place on Steam and we are complying by the International laws after our legal team review. This is all the information I was given on the issue when I inquired about it today as I was unware that it had happened.

I will just make you aware that nothing inside EO have to deal with that ukrainian flag we choose when we register and put *ukraine* in that.Nor Crimea nor LNR and DNR do not use Ukrainian Internet Providers. That is all russian stuff(but they somehow do not exist in nexon). And when nexon just lock ukrainians by that tick option in profile and ip have absolutely no relation to that EO.

Last time 2 years ago it was absolutely same issue but with Crimea.They just locked entire Ukraine but not Crimea,and it took 6 month of support and forum efforts to fix that.Please try to help us with that issue this time so it wouldnt become 6 months hassle again.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Okay, here's what I think is happening. The sanctions on Russia are meant to also effect Crimea and the two contested Oblasts in Eastern Ukraine. Therefore, Nexon is blocking accounts associated with .ru and .ua. Nexon is blocking all .ua to ensure that those regions, in Ukraine, are covered despite what it means for the rest of Ukraine. Baku is saying that those regions service providers are all russian so such folks will already have .ru, and not .ua, and so there is no need to block .ua. When you have a situation where you cannot be just in all cases either: (a) at the cost of some of the innocent, you can punish all the guilty, or (b) to ensure no innocent is effected, some of the guilty avoid punishment. The idea of (b) is what the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing is all about but Nexon is applying (a) because their legal department says that covers their donkey better. From the federal government down to Nexon, it appears no one is looking at the fine details and is just painting with broad strokes. Once their concerns are met, they move on. Ironically, there are people living in Russia right now that are still playing. Baku is punished because they didn't use a VPN from before the troubles.
  • Baka009Baka009
    Helsa wrote: »
    Okay, here's what I think is happening. The sanctions on Russia are meant to also effect Crimea and the two contested Oblasts in Eastern Ukraine. Therefore, Nexon is blocking accounts associated with .ru and .ua. Nexon is blocking all .ua to ensure that those regions, in Ukraine, are covered despite what it means for the rest of Ukraine. Baku is saying that those regions service providers are all russian so such folks will already have .ru, and not .ua, and so there is no need to block .ua. When you have a situation where you cannot be just in all cases either: (a) at the cost of some of the innocent, you can punish all the guilty, or (b) to ensure no innocent is effected, some of the guilty avoid punishment. The idea of (b) is what the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing is all about but Nexon is applying (a) because their legal department says that covers their donkey better. From the federal government down to Nexon, it appears no one is looking at the fine details and is just painting with broad strokes. Once their concerns are met, they move on. Ironically, there are people living in Russia right now that are still playing. Baku is punished because they didn't use a VPN from before the troubles.

your (a) doesnt work because they doing nothing with .ru stuff, it just doesnt exist as an option.Eny person from rus absolutely have no issues, no ip lock or account lock.Its only Ukrainians who are like absolutely have noithing to with that are getting punishined.
  • Baka009Baka009
    That is exactly same problem that existed 2 years ago.Literally copy paste of what they did...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Baka009 wrote: »

your (a) doesnt work because they doing nothing with .ru stuff, it just doesnt exist as an option.Eny person from rus absolutely have no issues, no ip lock or account lock.Its only Ukrainians who are like absolutely have noithing to with that are getting punishined.

So, .ua is blocked but .ru is not? @Katherz is this how it is? That doesn't make sense.
  • Baka009Baka009
    Because accout is locked by that tick of country you choose

So, .ua is blocked but .ru is not? @Katherz is this how it is? That doesn't make sense.

Because that lock is forced by that country you choose when you register account.I choosed Ukraine(if i choosed eny other random country i would have no issue with playing, but only loggin in via VPN) but there is no Russia in provided otions there.So they are not affected.That how its works
  • SolzSolz
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
    In general, what should be blocked are the regions that 1) were annexed by Russia 2) decided to separate from Ukraine and supported Russia. All these regions have russian services up to internet providers. The west officially believes that all these regions belong to the territory of Ukraine and were separated from it illegally. Therefore, on paper these regions are still ukrainian for the western government, so Nexon decided to block them on the ukrainian basis.
    So in the end it turns out that the regions that should be blocked have access to the game (.ru), and Ukraine does not have access to the game (.ua).
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Were this to be a court-room, with a court-case, and, legal-proceedings transpiring, I would be forced to call the so-called President of the United States to the stand and, everyone one else who is «complicit» to this nonsense, whether or not everyone REALLY BELIEVES that the so-called President of the so-called United States is «Legally Competent» and even qualified to issue ORDERS...
    Unfortunately, in order to comply with an Executive Order by the President of the United States earlier in the year, we had to place restrictions on all of Ukraine. These restrictions were already in place on Steam and we are complying by the International laws after our legal team review. This is all the information I was given on the issue when I inquired about it today as I was unware that it had happened.
    P.S. : The United States is Located Within the District of Columbia. Truth always falling upon deaf ears...
  • Baka009Baka009
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Were this to be a court-room, with a court-case, and, legal-proceedings transpiring, I would be forced to call the so-called President of the United States to the stand and, everyone one else who is «complicit» to this nonsense, whether or not everyone REALLY BELIEVES that the so-called President of the so-called United States is «Legally Competent» and even qualified to issue ORDERS...
    P.S. : The United States is Located Within the District of Columbia. Truth always falling upon deaf ears...

Its not about Biden or that EO,it should be done,BUT the point is that how Nexon implement those sanctions with blind eyes and not thinking more than 1 second about what they doing....
  • HelsaHelsa
    Its not about Biden or that EO,it should be done,BUT the point is that how Nexon implement those sanctions with blind eyes and not thinking more than 1 second about what they doing....

Exactly, this is Nexon acting on the advice of their legal department which, basically, recommends: "Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius".
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited May 12, 2022
    That is what happens when people believe in and trust in a bunch of liars, err, I mean lawyers, wait, lawyers are liars...

Exactly, this is Nexon acting on the advice of their legal department which, basically, recommends: "Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius".
    Spoiler-Content : Statutes are not «Law(s)» (also applies to Executive-Orders which are also not Law).
    The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. A "Statute" is not a "law," (Flournoy v. First Nat. Bank of Shreveport, 197 La. 1067, 3 So.2d 244, 248), and a concurrent or joint resolution of legislature is not "a law," (Koenig v. Flynn, 258 N.Y. 292, 179 N.E. 705, 707; Ward v. State, 176 Okl. 368, 56 P.2d 136, 137; State ex rel. Todd v. Yelle, 7 Wash.2d 443, 110 P.2d 162, 165), Nor is 'Code' "Law" (In Re Self v Rhay, 61 Wn (2d) 261) these being defined by Black's Law Dictionary as rebuttable prima facie, or superficial, evidence of law, a façade, represented by 'public policy,' being colorable, or 'color of law,' being 'counterfeit or feigned' as defined. As the Supreme Court has warned, "Because of what appear to be Lawful commands on the surface, many citizens, because of their respect for what appears to be law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their rights, due to ignorance." ( U.S. v. Minker, 350 U.S. 179, 187 ). The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of theland, and any inferior federal or state act, code, title or statute, derived from or predicated upon the original contract for government, to be valid, must be In agreement therewith. - 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256.
    Oh, and, yes, Nexon decision-makers (or at least for Mabinogi) did seem to be suddenly making a lot of rather «blind» decisions starting some years back, suddenly killing off practically all forum-activity (probably a significant reason for the massive active-player decline when it seemed to go from what seemed like always 15+ available players available at every hour/minute of the day for Shadow-Missions into what ended up becoming essentially a Ghost-Town), although I thought the «point» was more about lifting restrictions since you are considered a «civilian» and are thus not «subject» to the «executive-orders» (legalese-wise) which are really ONLY meant for «military» personnel and «federal» employees (I have DONE mine «Legalese» homework/research so I KNOW for a FACT that what is perpetrated upon the public as «Law» are not only NOT «Law» but also do NOT apply to non-military/non-federal employees; note : ALL «U.S. Citizens» how-ever do fall under the category of Military and/or Federal-Employee).

Holy Mother of ... some sort of or at least one of those Celtic-Goddesses (just to keep to the original Mabinogi-Theme)... people really need to STOP COMPLYING with idiots, traitors, criminals, etc., etc.
    Spoiler-Content : DUTY to DIS-OBEY UNLAWFUL ORDERS... (a link to a web-site article about it anyway)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 12, 2022

Ah...the classic kill them all and let god sort them out. Not sure how applicable that saying is here but I can see they did a blanket block just to cover their butts.

Ok so...why not just put them on a billing ban like the one they did with the Netherlands? Cause that's what this is about, preventing Russia from somehow profiting off of Ukraine (I guess). @Katherz can you please suggest to them to give them a billing ban like they did with the Netherlands so that way they are not entirely locked out? It's better than nothing for the time being. (That should be standard procedure btw instead of a complete block).
    Liiv
  • Baka009Baka009
    Habimaru wrote: »
    That is what happens when people believe in and trust in a bunch of liars, err, I mean lawyers, wait, lawyers are liars...

Spoiler-Content : Statutes are not «Law(s)» (also applies to Executive-Orders which are also not Law).
    The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. A "Statute" is not a "law," (Flournoy v. First Nat. Bank of Shreveport, 197 La. 1067, 3 So.2d 244, 248), and a concurrent or joint resolution of legislature is not "a law," (Koenig v. Flynn, 258 N.Y. 292, 179 N.E. 705, 707; Ward v. State, 176 Okl. 368, 56 P.2d 136, 137; State ex rel. Todd v. Yelle, 7 Wash.2d 443, 110 P.2d 162, 165), Nor is 'Code' "Law" (In Re Self v Rhay, 61 Wn (2d) 261) these being defined by Black's Law Dictionary as rebuttable prima facie, or superficial, evidence of law, a façade, represented by 'public policy,' being colorable, or 'color of law,' being 'counterfeit or feigned' as defined. As the Supreme Court has warned, "Because of what appear to be Lawful commands on the surface, many citizens, because of their respect for what appears to be law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their rights, due to ignorance." ( U.S. v. Minker, 350 U.S. 179, 187 ). The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of theland, and any inferior federal or state act, code, title or statute, derived from or predicated upon the original contract for government, to be valid, must be In agreement therewith. - 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256.
    Oh, and, yes, Nexon decision-makers (or at least for Mabinogi) did seem to be suddenly making a lot of rather «blind» decisions starting some years back, suddenly killing off practically all forum-activity (probably a significant reason for the massive active-player decline when it seemed to go from what seemed like always 15+ available players available at every hour/minute of the day for Shadow-Missions into what ended up becoming essentially a Ghost-Town), although I thought the «point» was more about lifting restrictions since you are considered a «civilian» and are thus not «subject» to the «executive-orders» (legalese-wise) which are really ONLY meant for «military» personnel and «federal» employees (I have DONE mine «Legalese» homework/research so I KNOW for a FACT that what is perpetrated upon the public as «Law» are not only NOT «Law» but also do NOT apply to non-military/non-federal employees; note : ALL «U.S. Citizens» how-ever do fall under the category of Military and/or Federal-Employee).

Holy Mother of ... some sort of or at least one of those Celtic-Goddesses (just to keep to the original Mabinogi-Theme)... people really need to STOP COMPLYING with idiots, traitors, criminals, etc., etc.
    Spoiler-Content : DUTY to DIS-OBEY UNLAWFUL ORDERS... (a link to a web-site article about it anyway)

That is exactly why am i here.Because there is no Law that supposed to make me unable to use Nexon service.Im not asking to change US laws but Nexon policy about that stupid sanctions which are implemented by ferghus hammer.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Hello! I have an update to share. Ukraine has been unblocked unless you live in any of the affected regions outlined in the Executive Order from the President of the United States.
    CrimsọnSolz
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hello! I have an update to share. Ukraine has been unblocked unless you live in any of the affected regions outlined in the Executive Order from the President of the United States.

So we proved to them just like last time.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a2a342568f6fd811e291a9342dd38fbfc9beb829&rid=giphy.gif

Thanks Katherz. <3
  • Baka009Baka009

Thanks for the hard work again!It was way faster than last time :D
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Thanks for the hard work again!It was way faster than last time :D

Yeah she get massive kudos points for slapping on some fleet feet. :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    ... Thanks Biden.

So, it looks like, in fact, I was right: it was the folks down in Legal being too afraid to make a decision; the back-handed 'thanks' should go to them not Biden.
    Crimsọn
  • SolzSolz
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
    Thanks, Katherz, you're a great GM and we're lucky to have you!
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    ... Thanks Biden.

So, it looks like, in fact, I was right: it was the folks down in Legal being too afraid to make a decision; the back-handed 'thanks' should go to them not Biden.

Nah I think we got a new legal team and they didn't read the memo. :smirk: