Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Producer's Letter: Upcoming Summer Content

AnimemabiAnimemabi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
in Feedback and Suggestions
So no new talents or skills or skills for new or current talents and just tweaks some sorry if this is compaining but i fee li get a pass since ive been here 14ish years we Need new skills and talents old ones are stale and out of date.

all skills need re working to make more sense etc so all i see in this letter is some neat stuff but 90% useless imo i wishnexon a and nexon kr would listen and take our suggestions serious. however this last server merge has given me great concern that they will be shutting the game down in a few years.

the poll isnt for hate i am just curious
  1. Do you feel Nexon na and Kr needs to step up their game when programing etc is involved.6 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (4 votes)
    2. No
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited May 13, 2022
    The Commerce update is probably the biggest update on the whole Producer's Letter: Upcoming Summer Content page. Nexon KR is starting to listen. Iria Commerce has been suggested for over 3 years and was simply a dream, the fact that Iria Commerce is even coming at all is just a dream come true. This update will double the number of Commerce Trading Posts we currently have, we will get new commerce mounts, two very large new ship ports will be added in Iria.

I agree there are a lot of skills that could use improvements but this Producer's Letter is only for the first half of the year and I am satisfied with their improvements. We should wait and see the Producer's Letter for the second half of the year before judging how well Nexon KR is actually listening. The player population is fine but only time will tell if the game will survive. So far Nexon is finally working on the updates Mabinogi actually needs, some are big and some are small. I think Mabinogi will survive easily for at least another 10 years.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Are you blind, there's literally a mentioning of Gunslinger, Puppeteer and Ninja rework. Also like Negumiko said, Iria Commerce that sounds so unreal and amazing. Isn't that enough for you? They are getting at it and i'm sure they will continue to polish old skills and systems. We just got some rework on crafting skills too, geez. Give them a break.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    No and Yes.

No, in that they are constantly working on content with idea's they come up with themselves and by what the community suggests. They do listen to the community but they're just REALLY slow to react. They are reworking Gunslinger, Puppeteer and Ninja because, let's face it, they need it. So, this is a good thing. I don't know about you but I found duel guns to be kinda meh. Once I got all those skills to rank 1, I used a talent reset capsule on them. Puppetry is interesting, at first, but fades. Who does puppets now? New and relatively new people. If I use a puppet skill, it's Crisis so I can plunk a hydra. As for Shuriken, I must say, I do like Shuriken but Ninja doesn't interest me. The only Ninja skill I use is Shadow Cloak.

Yes, in that they don't do enough back-end work, other than squashing bugs when they need to. For example, back-end work could've taken care of the duplicate name issue which would have reduced so much of the anxiety of the merge. In the Swords and Sorcery genera, Mabinogi is still very much unique. At it's heart is a solid set of ideas to base a game on. This game could be greater and go on for years, but for that to happen will require back-end work and not just window dressing.
    Elris
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I've logged back on to express thanks for commerce updates after years off half butt lobbying for them.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 18, 2022
    Yeah I thought the skill revamps for guns/ninja/puppetry were going to get new skills - I swear I heard something about that a couple months ago. But NOPE no new skills, which is lame. You're lame Nexon/devcat.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY NECROMANCER TALENT?????????????
    CyborgJiro
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Yeah I thought the skill revamps for guns/ninja/puppetry were going to get new skills - I swear I heard something about that a couple months ago. But NOPE no new skills, which is lame. You're lame Nexon/devcat.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY NECROMANCER TALENT?????????????

Let's see how they tweak the existing skills first. Remember the combat update? No new skills there (I mean other than Fighter itself) but it made combat more accessible to the average player.