Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

NGS Security threat

LunarZeroLunarZero
Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
edited June 2, 2022 in Technical Support
I've had this happen on occasion since I started playing again, but it was like once every couple of weeks or so, still way too many, but w/e. Today since I've been home and on (an hour), I've been kicked off 3 times claiming NGS security threat. One of those times, it reset my hotkeys to defaults. How to fix? Yes I've already done the whole firewall thing.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    LunarZero wrote: »
    I've had this happen on occasion since I started playing again, but it was like once every couple of weeks or so, still way too many, but w/e. Today since I've been home and on (an hour), I've been kicked off 3 times claiming NGS security threat. One of those times, it reset my hotkeys to defaults. How to fix? Yes I've already done the whole firewall thing.

What software is throwing the error message: the client, the launcher, Windows, your modem? If you're not sure post a screenshot.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    edited June 3, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »

What software is throwing the error message: the client, the launcher, Windows, your modem? If you're not sure post a screenshot.

The client. I went through yesterday and redid the firewall exclusions, and I didn't get thrown off for the rest of the night. I hop on after work tonight, was able to get on for all of 10 minutes before being thrown off yet again for NGS security threat. I'm on W11, relatively new computer, everything up to date, only a handful of other games installed, all the exact same games I had on my old computer, only difference was it was W10.

At this point I can't even stay on long enough to get my attendance check.

I think I'm gonna make note of whatever I can and do an entirely fresh install. Repairing the installation does nothing.

Edit: Got back on after being booted, was good for an hour and a half, and my client crashed this time, no error code whatsoever, client window just vanished.

Edit 2: 10 minutes later, NGS security threat again

Edit 3: Wiped everything to do with Mabinogi and the Nexon launcher from my PC, logged in, was good for an hour or so, NGS again.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 4, 2022
    LunarZero wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

The client. I went through yesterday and redid the firewall exclusions, and I didn't get thrown off for the rest of the night. I hop on after work tonight, was able to get on for all of 10 minutes before being thrown off yet again for NGS security threat. I'm on W11, relatively new computer, everything up to date, only a handful of other games installed, all the exact same games I had on my old computer, only difference was it was W10.

At this point I can't even stay on long enough to get my attendance check.

I think I'm gonna make note of whatever I can and do an entirely fresh install. Repairing the installation does nothing.

Edit: Got back on after being booted, was good for an hour and a half, and my client crashed this time, no error code whatsoever, client window just vanished.

Edit 2: 10 minutes later, NGS security threat again

Edit 3: Wiped everything to do with Mabinogi and the Nexon launcher from my PC, logged in, was good for an hour or so, NGS again.

Hm? It seems to me that if the client is the one complaining then twiddling the firewall, be it the router's, a third party one, or the G.D. Windows Firewall, shouldn't do much. Can you try connecting with the router via Ethernet cable if you're not already? I'm wondering if maybe traffic is slowing down to the point that the client is getting confused.

For esses and gees, have you tried setting the computer to safe mode with networking and seeing how well it behaves then?