Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gachapon NEED's Changed ASAP its Killing Game!

TylerillTylerill
Mabinogi Rep: 620
edited June 11, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
I made this link on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Mabinogi/comments/v9dpbt/gachapon/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 and hasn't even been up for a DAY yet over 3.1k View's and clearly I am not the only one that see's this a major problem NEXON it is TIME for a change I truly love your game I understand you need to make money but this is not they way to do it. All items that are the best in game should NEVER be put in a gachapon they should be earned in game this means weapons or gear or title or accessory's or wings with stats -_- should be earned in game to. Stop designing the game where is screws the free to play player base 100%. I understand pets or like bank space or even inventory or homestead space that stuff is fine but gear should NEVER be a pay to win. And if you can't fix this which you can -_- the %s in theses gacha's need a MAJOR MAJOR FIX. Also most people do not use this forum they use the reddit forums so please take a lot of this feed back based of the reddit link. Nexon 3.1k views in under a DAY get the hint please!emd1foww2u491.png?width=693&format=png&auto=webp&s=664c8b2229ce3c9c0a423a3003e5f07a17fd869e Also here is a cute picture of my mabinogi character which once again prove's I really do CARE for this game. IMG_4033.png
EmilieBerrySherri

Comments

• DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Get over it =.= im fine with the gachas honestly
  • TylerillTylerill
    Demoncat wrote: »
    Get over it =.= im fine with the gachas honestly

Why post something to try to piss me off? What's the point of this you could of said you are fine with the system and give me a valid reason not post get over it??? Out of all the comments I have got that say we should keep it the way it is its only from people who are whales or people who think game can't survive with out this system so make the rich people in real life buy the gachapon's which isn't the case it can. So why make a rude comment like this just say you are rich in real life and want all the normal people to play have to suffer and never get to truly play the game the way it should be played you know earn the gear from playing the game legit not spending 100s or even 1000s of real life money. Might as well because that's really what it is no one in there RIGHT mind wants to be spending over $400 every time a best in slot item come out in gachapon unless they are rich in real life which best items should NEVER be in a gachapon. This is a extremely bad design and its been proven over and over and over and over and over that it is and way way way more people don't want it then do want it.
    Sherri
  • ScarletbladeScarletblade
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Step One when joining the forums: Complain about stuff and act like a total jerk.
    Step Two: Rage Quit like a little baby.
  • TylerillTylerill
    Step One when joining the forums: Complain about stuff and act like a total jerk.

I don't know if you are talking about me or the other guy I'm just being reasonable everyone has there right to there opinion. But straight up telling someone get over it isn't a operate response and is a response to try to get me mad especially when this is a giant problem in the game that needs fixed its not something to brush off . I haven't been a jerk what so ever here if you are talking about me that is if anyone wants to talk about the (TOPIC) I posted here I see no issue but telling someone to get over it isn't a way to do it. Be respectful. Also me telling it how it really is with the gachapon is being respectful some people may not like how it is but that is how it is and does need fixed.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Tylerill wrote: »

I don't know if you are talking about me or the other guy I'm just being reasonable everyone has there right to there opinion. But straight up telling someone get over it isn't a operate response and is a response to try to get me mad especially when this is a giant problem in the game that needs fixed its not something to brush off . I haven't been a jerk what so ever here if you are talking about me that is if anyone wants to talk about the (TOPIC) I posted here I see no issue but telling someone to get over it isn't a way to do it. Be respectful. Also me telling it how it really is with the gachapon is being respectful some people may not like how it is but that is how it is and does need fixed.

I'm sure you've been on internet before. There will always be folks that disagree. Some can do it with decorum, others not. Still more that specifically do so with intent to wound. Of those folks, sometimes it's personal but most of the time it's an avocation. I know it's hard sometimes but you gotta treat it like the weather; it (or something rhyming with "it") happens.

Your defence of yourself, while understandable, will probably make some smell blood in the water. Be prepared for that and good luck.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 13, 2022
    It's pointless to complain about this in a place like forums especially, since it's so dead useless and Mabinogi community is full of insecure whales who refuse to admit that they get scammed every month for same fashion items and rarely actually ending up with something good there.
    EmilieBerrySherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 14, 2022
    It's one of the main things keeping this game alive dude.
    DemoncatLeinei
  • HelsaHelsa
    No whales, no Mabinogi; save the whales!

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    It's one of the main things keeping this game alive dude.

Yup, games need money to keep running.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    I hate gacha with a passion. But most gacha are cosmetic, and are not at all required to progress and enjoy the game. Also as people have already stated, gacha sales are what keeps this game alive.
  • HelsaHelsa
    This game is now what? Fourteen? Fifteen years old; at least in North America? Not only are people buying gacha, they're buying enough gacha. On the other hand gacha can be a contributor to driving people away from the game. It's probably not a primary but secondary effect but, likely, it's there. The thing is all the richest folks in the game are regular gacha buyers. Perhaps some specifically buy them to sell the items for gold but, I suspect, for most that's a secondary reason. I think most buy specifically to try to get the very item they want. In this case one of two things happen: (1) they get the item and the rest they sell for a windfall of gold, or (2) they don't get the item but they sell everything and use that gold to get the item through the auction house. So, basically, they get the item anyway, eventually. The fact is, if you have a job, being a gacha addict is not all that expensive.
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I've mentioned something like this before but it bears repeating:

Nexon NA doesn't like the gachapon system either, and has suggested multiple different ways for the NA servers to continue to make as much, if not MORE money for Nexon as a whole but it has been shot down each time. Korea, where Nexon is officially located, is rather big on Gachapon. Being their primary location and where the majority of their player-base resides, they have no real want or reason to cater to the NA server. It is a shame, of course, and there ARE ways that the game can continue to make bank without using gachapon. But until Nexon Korea cares, they're not likely to permit a model shift in NA.
  • DDSNDDSN
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    The truth of the matter is, server costs and employee wages need to come from somewhere, and since this is a F2P game the majority of the profit comes from cash shop purchases - loot boxes being the major source of that revenue, it probably isn't going to ever change.

I have a bit of an addictive personality but even I know when I should probably stop wasting my money when I hit a terrible streak of bad luck, that's why you're able to sell stuff for gold and use that instead to purchase whatever you want, why take the risk if you have an option that's much safer?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Let's look at an example, say, The "Commerce Companions Doll Bag Box" here is the drop rate table for it. The rarest item in the table is the "Commerce Companions Compact Doll Bag Box" at 0.59%. On average, you should be able to get it if you open 100% / 0.59% = 170 boxes. The prices for the boxes are:
    - 1 for 4900NX,
    - 3 for 13800NX, which is 4600NX per box,
    - 5 for 22000NX, which is 4400NX per box.
    Let's use 4400NX per box. 170 x 4400 = 748000NX. IIRC 1000NX = 1 USD, so ... um ... yeah. So, on average, the player-base collectively spends that much NX for every single instance of this item to be realised in the game. If Nexon sells this item directly they would need to charge that to make their expected rate of return. This is part of the reason why the most desired items cost what they do in the auction house.

This is why it's important for folks to suggest credible alternate revenue streams for Nexon. The opposite is what usually happens; now you can have a guild for free, for example. The more they can make from NOT gachas the more they can open up the items, in their drop tables, to direct purchase.
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Unfortunately Mabinogi's lifeline depends on gacha buyers.

Gacha ruined the game long time ago but it's the only thing keeping it alive.
    DDSN
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Miliardo wrote: »
    I hate gacha with a passion. But most gacha are cosmetic, and are not at all required to progress and enjoy the game. Also as people have already stated, gacha sales are what keeps this game alive.

P2W! Yey
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Yes. Gacha.
    The issue is until the day the USA bans lootboxes, this game would never get rid of Gacha.
    By that time, I expect the devs already moved to other types of monetization, mainly new services (Character boosts and Gen skips when?) or pets.
    Or heck, a new type of monetization of a new service for events. Sure they will get some flak about it, but at least there THAT way to get rid of mules.

• BarnebeesBarnebees
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    edited December 24, 2022
    @Tylerill

Like others have stated, gacha has become a necessary evil to keep the game alive. However, there are ways around buying it and still making fat stacks like other players who do buy gacha-- you just got to get creative.

I've been playing mabi since 2009, and in that time I've aimed to learn the market the best that I can. I do a lot of things to earn gold, such as buying items for cheap and selling them for a profit, doing all of the events and hording the items to sell once the event is over, etc. While I can turn small profits with the aformentioned methods (approx. 1-5 mil, depending), my biggest moneymaker averages me about 10 mil for about 30 min of work (unfortunately, I cannot share the exact details of what I do, otherwise I'd be creating competition for myself). But all in all, if you learn the game and its player-base, such as the supply-and-demand of items, and have a little patience, you'll be able to not only keep up with the gacha-buyers, but also have money for retirement someday lol.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    i'm not a fan of gacha either, but it feels like a necessary evil now...
    they could feature older gacha outfits in shopping bags for those who aren't gambling addicts but they choose not to :unamused:
    as for gear.. it should of never been put in gacha in the first place, but it's already too late
    it would probably hurt the game if anything changes now
    Pectyl