Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please let Ukrainians play!

Comments

• ObliviscarisObliviscaris
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    ... Thanks Biden.

So, it looks like, in fact, I was right: it was the folks down in Legal being too afraid to make a decision; the back-handed 'thanks' should go to them not Biden.

Nah I think we got a new legal team and they didn't read the memo. :smirk:

Hi, budging in from MapleStory since I’ve received a similar response due to not being able to play the game as well. Received a response that Ukraine was embargoed which is quite misinformed. Is it just for Mabinogi or was the restriction lifted off across all Nexon games?

Thanm you
  • DeathXcoreDeathXcore
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Katherz wrote: »
    Hello! I have an update to share. Ukraine has been unblocked unless you live in any of the affected regions outlined in the Executive Order from the President of the United States.

Hi, MapleStory player here.
    Do both games have the same legal team? I have been trying to get access back to MapleStory for months now, and I keep getting the same automated response that nothing can be done and it has been forwarded upstairs, yet somehow you were able to get it done within a matter of 2 weeks.
    None of the community managers reply in DM’s either, and I’m kinda lost tbh. Is there anything you could possibly do? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited July 9, 2023
    DeathXcore wrote: »
    Hello! I have an update to share. Ukraine has been unblocked unless you live in any of the affected regions outlined in the Executive Order from the President of the United States.

Do both games have the same legal team? I have been trying to get access back to MapleStory for months now, and I keep getting the same automated response that nothing can be done and it has been forwarded upstairs, yet somehow you were able to get it done within a matter of 2 weeks.
    None of the community managers reply in DM’s either, and I’m kinda lost tbh. Is there anything you could possibly do? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Unfortunately Maplestory's staff is a bit...different. Mabinogi staff do care though imo. I'm not sure if anything can be done. Are you Ukraine too? If you are, are you having trouble playing Mabinogi or is it just Maplestory?

Also Katherz is no longer our CM, @Arciellia now is.
  • DeathXcoreDeathXcore
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Unfortunately Maplestory's staff is a bit...different. Mabinogi staff do care though imo. I'm not sure if anything can be done. Are you Ukraine too? If you are, are you having trouble playing Mabinogi or is it just Maplestory?

Also Katherz is no longer our CM, @Arciellia now is.
    I’ve recently moved back to Ukraine, yeah, in Kyiv.
    I’m trying to play MapleStory but grasping at straws due to the lack of communication despite the much bigger community in MapleStory, I apologize if it (obviously) is not Mabinogi related, but simply trying to get access back to the game which IMHO shouldn’t be restricted for one game but not for the other. I was abroad and was able to play for the past year and was hoping that come the time I came back it would’ve been solved.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited July 10, 2023
    I’ve recently moved back to Ukraine, yeah, in Kyiv.
    I’m trying to play MapleStory but grasping at straws due to the lack of communication despite the much bigger community in MapleStory, I apologize if it (obviously) is not Mabinogi related, but simply trying to get access back to the game which IMHO shouldn’t be restricted for one game but not for the other. I was abroad and was able to play for the past year and was hoping that come the time I came back it would’ve been solved.

I agree, somehow we were able to get a special exception made for Mabinogi players from your region, your situation might be different. Let's see what Arciellia says when she comes in today. Maybe she can shoot the Maplestory staff a message or something. No promises of course, but keep your fingers crossed. We can at least find out what's going on for you ok?

Best wishes from the US. <3
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    Hii y'all! Thank you for @ing me in this matter!
    @DeathXcore I recognize this is a tough topic, and I agree that it should be transparent from game to game. There shouldn't be differences for Mabinogi and MapleStory, though some regions' rules and regulations will ban and prohibit games like Mabinogi or MapleStory.
    I've forwarded this issue to my team, and sent it MapleStory's way!
    If you haven't already, I'd also recommend you join MapleStory's Official Discord (https://discord.com/invite/maplestory) and reach out to CM Veeraah or CM Ezrabell. They may be able to tell you more specifics JUST for MapleStory!
    Crimsọn