Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Doll Bag Update Discussion!

Prolexia_AlexinaProlexia_Alexina
Mabinogi Rep: 955
edited May 13, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hey guys, Prolexia here! Some of you know me from Alexina and you likely know that I've been around a long time. As I've seen this company and game grow throughout my time here, I think that it's important to give credit where credit is due. You guys have made some AMAZING strides over the past few years since I've left, and giving the game a chance once I've come back by the Server Merge has been quite fruitful and delightful. Getting to know all the changes that USED to be archaic, and revamping them to better suit how gaming itself has changed has been quite a treat to say to myself.

With that being said, I'd like to discuss an area for improvement that hasn't been touched on yet, Doll bags. As far as I've remembered since about 2013 when I first started playing, doll bags have been a useful part of the game and have helped pick up MILLIONS of gold for just myself at this point, probably in the hundreds of millions! But, as time has grown on, there has been a LOT of included and added updates to items that they can't pick up for you. With the most egregious of situations being the ancient Mari bags, which I think we've all given to new players as hand me downs when we get the newest/greatest Gacha ones over our years of playing.

With that being said, I think that the area for opportunity can go as follows:

1. Allow a menu to see what the doll can pick up, and toggle what that doll picks up while in summoning.
2. Allow an easier way to see what the dolls pick up while put up in the auction house without using the wiki!
3. Provide a small update to pick up all items for their respective needs. (e.x. Incubus King/Tani bags pick up Hillwen Ore Frags but not Soft HIllwen Ore Fragments??? Or Emerald Cores??? Seems like a small oversight)
4. Be able to put up bags on the auction house outside of their bag packs! Or at least be able to put them in regular shops like in Dunbarton, OR we could pay a gold fee to REPACKAGE them to sell them again. Drop trades for these bags of the past allow threat of scamming, and lets leave that in the past!

Let me know what you guys think, and do you guys want to see a change like this?
ElrisKagenokami
  1. Do you want to see doll bags updated?10 votes
    1. Yes!
       90% (9 votes)
    2. No, leave them as is.
       10% (1 vote)

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Some long overdue features there, especially choosing what kind of items a bag can pick. I don't care about cheap/common leathers, let my doll gather fine/finest only. Same with more hillwen/shyllien items.
    Prolexia_Alexina
  • Prolexia_AlexinaProlexia_Alexina
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Some long overdue features there, especially choosing what kind of items a bag can pick. I don't care about cheap/common leathers, let my doll gather fine/finest only. Same with more hillwen/shyllien items.

Yes! Give us a checklist of things they pick up (have it categorized or even reuse the life update menu) and have us select/deselect what we want them to pick up! I think that's a great start.
  • Davinator61Davinator61
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    Improved versatility IS a must!
    Prolexia_Alexina
    Improved versatility IS a must!

I agree! Share this as much as possible so Devcat can look at it! :smile:
    Elris
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    I just want the Detective Squirrel to NOT give me Acorns. Either that or I can stack them. Manually stacking them is a chore when my inventory is a mess.
    Elris
    Unpayed wrote: »
    I just want the Detective Squirrel to NOT give me Acorns. Either that or I can stack them. Manually stacking them is a chore when my inventory is a mess.

Detective Squirrel Bag....now THAT'S a bag I haven't heard of in a LONG TIME! I remember having one of those actually... I recommend a new bag XD
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    My only doll bag can only pick up gold. I wish it would pick up everything tbh
    Elris
    CyborgJiro wrote: »

You say that now till it picks up trash swords/items/tailoring kits in dungeons LOL
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    edited June 12, 2022
    CyborgJiro wrote: »

You say that now till it picks up trash swords/items/tailoring kits in dungeons LOL

everything has a use, even if it's just erg/spirit food or being npc'd for extra gold
  • CocoshiCocoshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Don't mean to necro this thread, but with the new commerce update and the outpost item requirements, dollbags that can already pick up Hillwen/Shyllien needs to also automatically pick up Soft Hillwen and Stained Shylliens, and dollbags like Moonlight Ferghus needs to pick up materials like Fine Wool and Wheat Chaff alongside the normal mats that he already picks up. Making 5 Fused Hillwen Alloy is a nightmare already. You also need 1000 Wheat for Flour and.. I don't know if any doll bags pick up wheat.

We need a doll bag or a pet that actively picks up all dropped loot regardless of what it is. The Samoyed kind of does, but it needs the update that the doll bags got, and get the same AoE loot effect.
    Stormbeast
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Cocoshi wrote: »
    Don't mean to necro this thread, but with the new commerce update and the outpost item requirements, dollbags that can already pick up Hillwen/Shyllien needs to also automatically pick up Soft Hillwen and Stained Shylliens, and dollbags like Moonlight Ferghus needs to pick up materials like Fine Wool and Wheat Chaff alongside the normal mats that he already picks up. Making 5 Fused Hillwen Alloy is a nightmare already. You also need 1000 Wheat for Flour and.. I don't know if any doll bags pick up wheat.

One of the Black Moon doll bags does food items I believe. And absolutely agree that soft hillwen and stained shyllien should be picked up by their respective bags. It's a nightmare trying to get enough.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Yes. The soft hillwen needs to be added to the hillwen-collecting dolls. I also would like to leave on the option to collect fine and finest leathers, but leave other leathers and cobwebs alone until I say otherwise.

But on top of all of this, I'd like to set a customizable priority tree. If there is a certain thing I'm collecting and I'm rushing through a shadow mission or dungeon, I'd like the dolls to pick up what I currently value most so I can leave the non-essentials behind and not have to pick up the good stuff myself or wait on the doll.
    Cocoshi
  • CocoshiCocoshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    Yes. The soft hillwen needs to be added to the hillwen-collecting dolls. I also would like to leave on the option to collect fine and finest leathers, but leave other leathers and cobwebs alone until I say otherwise.

But on top of all of this, I'd like to set a customizable priority tree. If there is a certain thing I'm collecting and I'm rushing through a shadow mission or dungeon, I'd like the dolls to pick up what I currently value most so I can leave the non-essentials behind and not have to pick up the good stuff myself or wait on the doll.

Soft hillwen to hillwen dolls, stained shylien to shylien dolls, and for the love of god -- fine wools to wool dolls, fresh grass/flower to crafting mat dolls, please.

If Nexon comes out with a doll that actually picks up ALL craftable items, that'd be when I open my wallet and do gachas.