Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No commerce penalty when game crashes

UnpayedUnpayed
Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
edited August 1, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
Look, it's not my/our fault Mabinogi randomly crashes and has our commerce goods get taken or have our BARTER TRADE GOODS gets stolen. I'm sure the game can tell when we suddenly D/C, log off, or fatal crash.

Getting punished for avoiding bandits by log off- That's fine.
Getting punished for when the game can't find a file and crashes on it's own? NO ITS NOT MY FAULT, ITS THE GAME, DONT TAKE MY ITEMS.

Seriously, that's not my fault that the game decides to crash. It's not fair losing barter trade goods and not retrying one bit. Some of these items are hard to get a hold of. I'm not going to lose say, my Pink Sand Trade goods and get a basic amount instead of what I could've have or the items back.

Mabinogi needs to tell the difference when someone disconnects/relog/Change channels to crashes.

Comments

• CocoshiCocoshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Unpayed wrote: »
    Look, it's not my/our fault Mabinogi randomly crashes and has our commerce goods get taken or have our BARTER TRADE GOODS gets stolen. I'm sure the game can tell when we suddenly D/C, log off, or fatal crash.

Getting punished for avoiding bandits by log off- That's fine.
    Getting punished for when the game can't find a file and crashes on it's own? NO ITS NOT MY FAULT, ITS THE GAME, DONT TAKE MY ITEMS.

Seriously, that's not my fault that the game decides to crash. It's not fair losing barter trade goods and not retrying one bit. Some of these items are hard to get a hold of. I'm not going to lose say, my Pink Sand Trade goods and get a basic amount instead of what I could've have or the items back.

Mabinogi needs to tell the difference when someone disconnects/relog/Change channels to crashes.

If you do the weekly quest you'll get an item that prevents loss of goods if you dc, just fyi.

The other option: get VIP for 1 day while you do all barter goods on that specific day.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited August 2, 2022
    Cocoshi wrote: »
    If you do the weekly quest you'll get an item that prevents loss of goods if you dc, just fyi.

How does that work? Is it single-use? Can you use it to avoid banditos?

Cocoshi wrote: »
    The other option: get VIP for 1 day while you do all barter goods on that specific day.

... or just get VIP (see this post). If one is working, one can afford it. If one is not working then what the heck are they doing playing Mab, they have much bigger issues to deal with.

Tha'd be nice but, on Nexon's end, all they can know is that telemetry with your computer has stopped. Whether caused by a crash or by your cat being a cat they can't know.

• NizutoNizuto
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    edited August 3, 2022
    It's not as easy as you think it is. And if such label did exist, people would find a way to abuse it if there's gain from it.
    However it is questionable what that penalty is trying to prevent. Maybe it should be for the bandit encounters instead of just being in commerce mode. Sometimes the character freezes in Cobh or Tailteann for me right after buying, meaning that I need to relog and lose some items for no reason, in what the game deems a "safe zone" of all places.

With general commerce items the loss isn't that big since you get a small portion stolen by a random outlaw and recover about 80% of them back in ducats once the outlaw is caught. Barter goods on the other hand do indeed need a change regarding penalties. Losing goods only during an outlaw's encounter would be a step in the right direct.
    Helsa wrote: »
    ... or just get VIP (see this post). If one is working, one can afford it. If one is not working then what the heck are they doing playing Mab, they have much bigger issues to deal with.

As if someone with a job would waste their hard earned money on something so dumb. There are better things in life to use your money on. If you waste your wealth like that you need a reality check.
    ...See how easy it is to sound "mature" or whatever nonsense you're trying to do? In short, not an argument.
    DDSN
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    edited August 3, 2022
    As it has already been pointed out, even if the game did not penalize you on game crashes, the odds are reasonable that someone would find a way to force the game to crash and exploit it to their nefarious ends.

I'm more annoyed by the unplanned maintenance this week. I had loaded up in Cor when about two minutes later I got a surprise warning that I would automatically log out in 600 seconds. The only trading posts I could possibly reach before time ran out would have been places where I would have sold goods for a loss. The game forced me out when time was up, and after the maintenance, I was penalized for the logout.

In the past whenever a logout was forced upon me (locked character position, loss of internet connection, etc.), the goods would be assigned to a random outlaw and I'd recoup some of the ducats once the outlaw was captured. Sometimes I would hunt down the very outlaw that "stole" my goods as a matter of vengeance. But since the update, that has not been happening for me. No outlaw collects my goods. I just get penalized.

Overall, I still make a profit and have to just accept that such goes with the hazards of doing commerce. And you may have to do the same.
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    edited August 5, 2022
    Nizuto wrote: »

With general commerce items the loss isn't that big since you get a small portion stolen by a random outlaw and recover about 80% of them back in ducats once the outlaw is caught. Barter goods on the other hand do indeed need a change regarding penalties. Losing goods only during an outlaw's encounter would be a step in the right direct.

Probably losing goods outside of Safe Zones would work some way or another. Again., some of the barter good requirement items are either hard to come by It's not helping some items only has FIVE per a week.

IF: Crash no penalties outside of Safe Zones
    - There should be a failsafe condition- the player can't crash again for five plus more minutes.

If: Crash no penalties inside Safe Zones.
    - There's no penalty or loss. Somehow one of my guildies got stuck on the airship and got stuck. She had to relog to unstuck herself. In a SAFE ZONE.

Oh yea. I forgot to tell where I crashed- Port Sella. A SAFE zone. The game crashed trying to depart. Yes, a bandit WALKS to my disconnected cart in a safe port and jacks the goods and no guard bats an eye. What is this, Skyrim detection?

And VIP isn't worth it unless there's more features.
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    edited August 5, 2022
    (Deleted. Why isn't there a delete option?)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Nizuto wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

As if someone with a job would waste their hard earned money on something so dumb. There are better things in life to use your money on. If you waste your wealth like that you need a reality check.
    ...See how easy it is to sound "mature" or whatever nonsense you're trying to do? In short, not an argument.

Why not, if they have the money to waste on other dumb things then they can do so on VIP. Wouldn't someone with a job be exactly someone more likely to have the money to waste than someone without a job?
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Second disconnection here again. (Not enough memory, lel)
    They should actually implement a disconnection freebie- we get one disconnection of any reason before It starts to affect our goods. This only applies OUTSIDE of a bandit encounter, though.
    I'm still going with the idea of Safe zone disconnections makes you lose 0 goods. Not like a bandit's going to walk into the middle of Tara and in front of Lezarro to steal your goods.