Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need Help With Astroturf

YuktontonYuktonton
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Erinn Chat
Hey! First ever post here, but please let me know if this isn't the place for it.

A friend and I are trying to make the Medium Pet Pasture for our Homesteads, but we have to make Astroturf.... which is only possible if you have R9 Handicraft. (It's just flowers and dirt, Nexon. Please, c'mon...) I was wondering if anybody had R9 Handicraft that could help us make it. I have all the supplies and can of course get more since I'm always running about anyway.

If not, does anyone have a good way to grind up Handicraft? I heard on the vine that doing the part-time job in Port Cobh was the best way, but would like to confirm. Thanks, all!

Comments

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    I didn't rank it up by the PTJ (so I cannot confirm), but keep in mind, you can only do a PTJ once every 36 minutes. Spamming them will actually be more like grinding them.

The wiki says Handicraft falls under the Carpentry talent. If correct, should you rebirth under that talent, you should receive 2x training for Handicraft. You can also buy a 2x life skill potion off another player. Do both for 4x training. And join production parties for the production success boost.

I probably got that skill to r8 or r7 by using the various methods above. Past that, I used skill-training seals from events to get it to r3.

Rank 9 is still toward the lower levels (but starts becoming a pain past that point). Most of the items you can make at lower levels require mats that are easily obtainable by gathering or purchased cheaply from NPC shops. I seem to recall using a lot of firewood to make ladles and rolling pins. Magic powder is something with easy-to-get mats and will be useful to mass-produce (but the mats will clog your inventory).

PS -- I'd personally have placed this post under the HELP section. But welcome to the forums.

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 15, 2022
    Yuktonton wrote: »
    Hey! First ever post here, but please let me know if this isn't the place for it.

A friend and I are trying to make the Medium Pet Pasture for our Homesteads, but we have to make Astroturf.... which is only possible if you have R9 Handicraft. (It's just flowers and dirt, Nexon. Please, c'mon...) I was wondering if anybody had R9 Handicraft that could help us make it. I have all the supplies and can of course get more since I'm always running about anyway.

If not, does anyone have a good way to grind up Handicraft? I heard on the vine that doing the part-time job in Port Cobh was the best way, but would like to confirm. Thanks, all!

You could check if AstroTurf is on sale in the AH. Otherwise, ranking handicraft eventually becomes all about wood boards. Crafting wood boards requires high Blacksmith AND high Tailor, so you're probably gonna want them via drops and so on. Ascon, the lighthouse keeper, awards wood boards for his PTJ. I seem to recall that giving pepper to the spa monkeys can result in wood boards. The elf that fishes in cobh, what's his name; Manilow? His daily quest has a chance to offer a wood board via gutting the shark he gives you. The odds are something like 1 in 3 or so. Other than that, be a carpenter while ranking it and be current level 200.

BTW your name suggests that you live in Whitehorse. I've heard that the Yukon is amazing in the summer; unspoiled wilderness and all, but other than that brief week in July, ... well ... my sympathies.

EDIT: This should be in 'help' forum. If you edit your first post, you'll find a gear icon on the top; click it. One of the fields you can edit is a drop-down presently containing the present forum name, you can change that to the proper one.

Your friendly forum spider-giantess.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Helsa wrote: »
    You could check if AstroTurf is on sale in the AH.

Well, for better results, they should check for Artificial Turf. I mean, we know what Astroturf is, but the game won't.

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Yamanoki's full skill training guide offers easy routes to training skills including Handicraft, if you still wish to rank it. Here's a link to the thread containing that doc.