Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

QOL Suggestion - FISHING

KagenokamiKagenokami
Mabinogi Rep: 905
edited October 25, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think it would be great to see a feature introduced for afk fishing that allows us to designate what "trash" items we do not want to receive.

Let me elaborate. Create a menu or some similar feature that permits us to use items we've fished up, or an existing list of all items, to designate what items we consider "trash" and do not want to fish up. Those items would still remain in the loot table, but should we fish them up, they would either drop to the ground or be destroyed automatically. Especially with such events as the fishing events, this would be an incredible boon. Particularly since it is entirely possible to lose out on event fish or items when and if our inventory becomes full while we are afk. I don't believe this would be too hard to implement and would give a great deal of functionality and realism. After all...what fisher wouldn't toss back an unwanted fish or dispose of fished up refuse?
Niought

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Interesting idea, I could see how this would be nice especially for players that have small inventories. Here is a older thread of other fishing improvements that could be made as well: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/25858/fishing-revamp

Personally I think there is a lot that could be done to make our fishing system better without drastically changing how fishing works in mabi. You have a pretty good idea and I think it fit well in our fishing system.
    Niought
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    That really would be a useful to have! Hope they do some sort of revamp for fishing sometime in the future, there's definitely a lot that could be done, there.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 29, 2022
    An "auto-drop" feature would not be specifically a fishing thing or, at least, need to be. We already have something kinda like that but the filter is probably more general than what you want. So being able to program bags to be more specific seems like a reasonable idea to me. It would not be hard to program but the interface is likely to be clumsy and that can't be helped.

EDIT: yet more non-detectable spelling errors.