Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New player race: Dwarves.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
It's been a while, so Nexon, Dwarves.

Nothing like a new player race, to create an interest spike. Maybe further contributors, to this thread, could suggest what Dwarves specialties would be. I'll get started with a few.
- Dwarves, axes, dwarves duel wield axes.
- Full beard is an option for female dwarves.
- Dwarves are stocky so, for male dwarves, they could use the old Giant body plan, scaled down.
- As for Dwarven women, in WOWc dwarven women are not especially attractive but Mabinogi is known for having pretty female characters. For Dwarven women, since they're gonna be thicc, maybe model their body plan on the kind of girls that are depicted in Hip Hop publications.
- Dwarves are craftsmen, maybe they get yellow skill bonuses.
- Dwarf town should be subterranean.
- Dwarves can create a tunnel between rooms, in dungeons, allowing them to bypass rooms.

Helsa0151+Alexina of Erinn
ElrisScarletbladebocaj1234

Comments

• ScarletbladeScarletblade
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    edited June 13, 2022
    all equipments get +5 DEF/MDEF and +3 Pro/MPro while all weapons get +5min +10 max all depending on active talent. :open_mouth:

oh and everything gets +5 more dura
  • ScarletbladeScarletblade
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    edited June 13, 2022
    Also, instead of saying Giants should get to throw rocks, how about throwing dwarfs? that would be fun

make everything purchasable from Dwarf NPC, Ducats.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Also, instead of saying Giants should get to throw rocks, how about throwing dwarfs? that would be fun

Dwarves are not thrown they are tossed. :)
  • ElrisElris
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Helsa wrote: »

Dwarves are not thrown they are tossed. :)

NOBODY tosses a dwarf! (except one time but don't tell the elf)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Although I'd prefer the game switching to personal jousting combo's rather than racially based ones, as things stand now, if Dwarves are introduced they will need a jousting combo so I came up with the following, for Nexon's dev teams to consider:
    Dwarves receive combo bonus damage by using 'D'. There is no specific set-up. Since attacks cannot be reused consecutively, this automatically creates a set-up pass. Obviously, it is NOT available for the opening first pass.

I have not done a full game tree analysis of it, but I have done a quick one. It indicates that the combo would not be worse than the giant's combo and not better than the human's combo, so it should fall within the range of the existing jousting combos.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    YES I WANNA BE A DWARF! I WANNA BE A SHORT GUY, A SMALL FELLA! I WANNA MINE EVERYTHING IN SIGHT! DIGGY DIGGY HOLE!!!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sherri wrote: »
    YES I WANNA BE A DWARF! I WANNA BE A SHORT GUY, A SMALL FELLA! I WANNA MINE EVERYTHING IN SIGHT! DIGGY DIGGY HOLE!!!

Sherri
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited November 15, 2022
    Yeah, Dwarf's are usually depicted as super short, which would be huge appeal for the race already, since a lot of players like being short. Honestly, while I don't know if I would want to make another character (plus I'm just really satisfied with elves), I fully support the idea! I feel like adding new races would make everything feel more fresh and exciting.

And yeah, I can see them with a boost for crafting and/or blacksmith, and axes/heavy weapons.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Niought wrote: »
    Yeah, Dwarf's are usually depicted as super short, which would be huge appeal for the race already, since a lot of players like being short. Honestly, while I don't know if I would want to make another character (plus I'm just really satisfied with elves), I fully support the idea! I feel like adding new races would make everything feel more fresh and exciting.

And yeah, I can see them with a boost for crafting and/or blacksmith, and axes/heavy weapons.

I started playing Mabinogi a little bit after Elves and Giants were first introduced into the game, but I would imagine that, when they first came out, folks were probably super excited to try out the new races. I'd imagine a similar situation for Dwarves. Which could drive some more traffic back to the game, at least for a while, but if Mabinogi Dwarves are cool, then longer than that.

On a side note, I'd guess a ten-year-old dwarf would be about the size of an Imp but, like, three times as wide! :D
  • NioughtNiought
    edited November 16, 2022
    Ah, yeah, I've only been playing for about five-ish years, so the most exciting, big changes I really feel like I've seen were those server merges. I think so. I still meet a lot of new players, so while I'm sure Mabi has a steady amount of traffic, adding a new race would totally shake things up a lot and might bring in even more people, which would also be really nice to see. Course, I bet that mix class thing they're doing will also cause more attention, as that's a pretty big deal, too.

Pffft, can't even imagine what a nine-year old Dwarf would look like.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Ah, yeah, I've only been playing for about five-ish years, so the most exciting, big changes I really feel like I've seen were those server merges. I think so. I still meet a lot of new players, so while I'm sure Mabi has a steady amount of traffic, adding a new race would totally shake things up a lot and might bring in even more people, which would also be really nice to see. Course, I bet that mix class thing they're doing will also cause more attention, as that's a pretty big deal, too.

In the past the changes to Mabinogi seemed so much larger than now. Every new addition brought a new map, for example. For me new maps were something exciting to look forward to. The game world should be continuously filled out. The rest of Uladh. What's east of Iria. What's in the southern "hemisphere?
  • NioughtNiought

In the past the changes to Mabinogi seemed so much larger than now. Every new addition brought a new map, for example. For me new maps were something exciting to look forward to. The game world should be continuously filled out. The rest of Uladh. What's east of Iria. What's in the southern "hemisphere?

Well, it makes sense. It was a new game at the time, and they didn't make all of it at once, but probably still had a vision that was yet to be filled out. I do think all these quality of life updates they've been doing have been insane, especially this new one with the skills being so much faster and easier to level, and the search engine revamp, getting to commerce in Iria...I cannot wait to be able to put prop items in my dressing room, assuming that's still gonna happen. And while I would like to see something really crazy like a whole new race being added in, I've gotta say...okay, they could add some more smaller areas around the more empty side of maps, like how they added that music area in Emain, but idk if I'd want them to continuously add bigger maps, or anything crazy, or the game itself might start getting heavier. One of my favorite parts about Mabinogi is how playable and fun it is, even for people with low quality computers. Don't really want another Genshin, there.
  • HelsaHelsa
    but probably still had a vision

Well ... maybe? I mean, that Shakespeare stuff was kind of out-of-left-field, like they're just making it up as they go along.
    idk if I'd want them to continuously add bigger maps, or anything crazy, or the game itself might start getting heavier. One of my favorite parts about Mabinogi is how playable and fun it is, even for people with low quality computers.

Don't worry about that. Since the game uses multiple maps and not one continuous one, the new map is loaded in while the old one is dismissed from memory. Remembering what, if anything, you may have left on the old map is the servers job not your computer's. So, they can keep adding to the world. The nice thing about Mabinogi is that it's so bloated; there's something for everyone: PvE, PvP, music, fashion, crafting, yeah I'm gonna say it: JOUSTING, and so on. More stuff more specialized interests.
  • NioughtNiought
    Well ... maybe? I mean, that Shakespeare stuff was kind of out-of-left-field, like they're just making it up as they go along.

Ah, not quite sure what you mean, unless your talking about how it felt a little bit like it was separated from the rest of the plot. I figured they just wanted to do something fun like that, though.

idk if I'd want them to continuously add bigger maps, or anything crazy, or the game itself might start getting heavier. One of my favorite parts about Mabinogi is how playable and fun it is, even for people with low quality computers.
    Don't worry about that. Since the game uses multiple maps and not one continuous one, the new map is loaded in while the old one is dismissed from memory. Remembering what, if anything, you may have left on the old map is the servers job not your computer's. So, they can keep adding to the world. The nice thing about Mabinogi is that it's so bloated; there's something for everyone: PvE, PvP, music, fashion, crafting, yeah I'm gonna say it: JOUSTING, and so on. More stuff more specialized interests.

Huh. Wouldn't that still add extra gb to the game, though? Ah, yeah, I'm really into the fashion/market side of things, but training up skills and just hanging with people, or helping someone is also just really great. I've done a bit of jousting with some guildmates for a few days, but that was it. Also, lets not forget Festia. That place is so big too, and I'd really like to play more games there, especially considering how nice the prizes can be.
  • NioughtNiought
    edited November 23, 2022
  • HelsaHelsa
    Huh. Wouldn't that still add extra gb to the game, though? Ah, yeah, I'm really into the fashion/market side of things, but training up skills and just hanging with people, or helping someone is also just really great. I've done a bit of jousting with some guildmates for a few days, but that was it. Also, lets not forget Festia. That place is so big too, and I'd really like to play more games there, especially considering how nice the prizes can be.

Okay, sure storing the larger executable, any potential DLLs, and resource files, takes more hard drive space, but the battle between data size and hardware was won by hardware years ago, unless you want to have all the footage ever filmed in North Hollywood on your hard drive.
  • bocaj1234bocaj1234
    I've been a player for years of mabinogi play and I have to say I just had this idea and looked it up and found your post. Please Nexon I beg you