Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blacklist and Blocking

AmarazAmaraz
Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
in Feedback and Suggestions
This is becoming absolutely crazy for me. I have someone in game persistently making themselves known and all I want is to forget they are there.

I blacklist them. They can still go to my homestead.
I kick them from my homestead. They can come back another day.
I TRY TO BAN THEM FROM MY HOMESTEAD but I CANNOT because i have WAIT UNTIL THEY ENTER MY HOMESTEAD TO SELECT THEIR NAME TO BAN THEM?

They enter my homestead.

Nexon, please for the love of Morrighan let us have better control over this. I did not want to make my homestead friends only because it was supposed to be open to the public. I have no choice now but to restrict all of my friends and guildmates access to my homestead because of one problem child. I am being forced by this horrible system to punish my friends and nuisances, rather than ONLY punishing the nuisance. This is not justice. This is not helping, This is not fun. This not RIGHT.

Put control in the players' hands, and let the control have all options available. Example? AT LEAST let us type in a username at any time of who we want to block from NOTES, entering our homesteads, seeing in the world, ect. Just give us a drop down menu of what we want to block this user from. I really don't understand why this has to be such a painful process when I'm just trying to enjoy the game and have fun.

Thank you for reading, please consider making changes.
  1. Need more block/ban options?4 votes
    1. YES
       0% (0 votes)
    2. PLEASE YES
       100% (4 votes)

Comments

• NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited November 30, 2022
    That sounds so frustrating. Honestly, it's kinda weird that blacklisted players can even still go in your homestead to begin with. If your bothered by someone enough to blacklist them, then why would you want them going in your homestead? They should definitely update this.

That being said, perhaps they should update the banning from homestead system in general, too.
    Amaraz
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I've been stalked many times; I feel your pain. In the mean time go to your homestead and enter edit mode. Click on homestead entrance and you can set-up visitation rules. It contains both black and white list capabilities. Stay strong.
    Amaraz
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Agreed. I've been dealing with a stalker for months and the fact that they can send me an endless stream of Notes and Mail without my consent is infuriating. Plus they can always see when I'm online. I just don't feel safe on my favorite game anymore.
  • talex9talex9
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    You are asking this from a game that allows spammers to permanently show their names on every person's screen just for buying the appropiate cooking utensils/horn bugles/etc without any mechanism to prevent it BUT that mockingly changes the raid system and includes a mechanism to do so only for it.
    You don't care about this? Imagine that spammer is your stalker and you have to see their names unendlingly...maybe I just gave some sociopaths out there more ideas on how to continue to spiritually rape their victims.
    I stopped using blacklists. I feel it worsens the situation to have my offender's name permanently shown to me in a list that I may inadvertidly see...but then again, life in this hell (not mabinogi, but life itself) is so distasteful, that by now I hardly have any doubts of the existence of more powerful beings set on torturing me that will without doubt -and maybe without effort- find a way to make me have the unpleasantry of being equally or worsely victimized by some other mechanism. Does that happen just to me?
    Maybe you can move in to another homestead and at the very least mildly avoid that disturbing encounter? Albeit hindered to do whatever best effort one can do to try to mitigate most of the pain from the wounds caused by the impune perpetrator. But, who knows? Maybe he/she is a gacha buyer and that gives them more immunity, less we want the game eventually shut down on excuses of resource lacking.