Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Boundary of Cold - Glen Verna Update Event

NegumikoNegumiko
Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
in Content from Other Regions
Looks like we are getting some kind of new dungeon area somewhere is Physis.

Link: https://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2023/0119_glen/index.asp#intro
s2_info_img1.jpg?a07611f7aea55b83b73b
s2_info_img2.jpg?1859bfc4730c31aedb9fs2_info_img3.jpg?dfac865ed234e3420002s2_info_img4.jpg?ae9c8fe9fe8753477fe9s2_info_img5.jpg?ee6b37a5cc8229a414ads2_info_img6.jpg?74cafd05cae53ed454c3s2_info_img7.jpg?d1d96b97042fdf5ef602s2_info_img8.jpg?6b514bfd1dd854809dffs2_info_img9.jpg?b09164bdbe6120204248

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    A lot of birch trees in the images, maybe it's near Silva Forest, which means forest forest, but I digress.

Glen Verna means Spring Valley, as in the season. Is Physis about to thaw? Has Neamhain decided Iria has paid for its' sins. Will life return to Connous?

and ...

Helsa wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    ... Our favorite forum troll Pan told me that on the Korean site there's word that jousting will get an update; maybe they'll make things better for giants!

They sent me this from the Korean site:
    xPUMhtF.png

None, of the items can be clicked on so there are no further details at this point.

I had to post the image here, instead of them, because ... well click on their name and you'll see why. o.O

• FragarachFragarach
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Its actually in Sidhe Sneachta to the north of Tir Chonaill. On the way up to Tarlach there's a new path on the left that leads to a small camp with a NPC called Loisneach. Near the camp is the entrance to this dungeon. Apparently its intended to be the most difficult dungeon in the game.

There's a lot of unique things to this dungeon though. The first of which is that it requires two teams to complete it, which means a minimum of 2 players. There are two versions of the dungeon; a day & night version which exist simultaneously (probably something to do with that big crack in space you see in the above screenshots). An even number of party members have to be assigned to each of the two separate dungeons, which means that the two teams don't actually directly interact with each other. As well as this, each player on the day & night team has to be "Paired/Linked" to another player on the opposite team. What this means is that they share a sort of life force, or "paired life". If this life falls to zero, then neither player can be resurrected.

If you look through the images you'll see there's a sort of brazier in both the day and night dungeons. Apparently thats affected by both teams. The day team has to collect some sort of magical firewood and place it in the brazier, while the night team has to do the same but with embers. Once the minimum amount for both has been collected by the teams and deposited in the brazier, then its boss fighting time. I'm not sure how you go about collecting the materials, but I'm fairly sure it involves fighting some of the new enemies. Also the boss is meant to be the most powerful one added to Mabinogi so far.

The rewards include loads of new enchants, some of which give set bonuses, as well as four new armour sets along with the materials needed to craft them. Oh, and it rewards a new item which can be converted into Arcana Crests. You'll need these because Arcana Links now go up to 10. Yes. 10. I hope you love smouldering thread farming.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Fragarach wrote: »
    Its actually in Sidhe Sneachta to the north of Tir Chonaill. On the way up to Tarlach there's a new path on the left that leads to a small camp with a NPC called Loisneach. Near the camp is the entrance to this dungeon. Apparently its intended to be the most difficult dungeon in the game.

I am actually glad they are expanding the Uladh map even if only a little. There are so many unused areas we have not explored yet. Although I would like to see Iria get more love I think it is about time they finish out the Uladh map especially since they shove 90% of the game content there.

Also Park Hye-won is incredible. She is the one that sings the song for this update.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hynn

• NegumikoNegumiko
    The Genn Bearna/Glen Verna update arrive on July 14th! Made this for fun though, imagine if the boss was Quagmire instead.
    dg18e3b-101a526e-8e54-421c-904d-3ebd777350ff.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGcxOGUzYi0xMDFhNTI2ZS04ZTU0LTQyMWMtOTA0ZC0zZWJkNzc3MzUwZmYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.47pjSD1mTD7px_4hgcwwbLg-KcKfCu3X-GGzC6DAgsk
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Fragarach wrote: »

There's a lot of unique things to this dungeon though. The first of which is that it requires two teams to complete it, which means a minimum of 2 players. There are two versions of the dungeon; a day & night version which exist simultaneously (probably something to do with that big crack in space you see in the above screenshots). An even number of party members have to be assigned to each of the two separate dungeons, which means that the two teams don't actually directly interact with each other. As well as this, each player on the day & night team has to be "Paired/Linked" to another player on the opposite team. What this means is that they share a sort of life force, or "paired life". If this life falls to zero, then neither player can be resurrected.

If you look through the images you'll see there's a sort of brazier in both the day and night dungeons. Apparently thats affected by both teams. The day team has to collect some sort of magical firewood and place it in the brazier, while the night team has to do the same but with embers. Once the minimum amount for both has been collected by the teams and deposited in the brazier, then its boss fighting time. I'm not sure how you go about collecting the materials, but I'm fairly sure it involves fighting some of the new enemies. Also the boss is meant to be the most powerful one added to Mabinogi so far.

The rewards include loads of new enchants, some of which give set bonuses, as well as four new armour sets along with the materials needed to craft them. Oh, and it rewards a new item which can be converted into Arcana Crests. You'll need these because Arcana Links now go up to 10. Yes. 10. I hope you love smouldering thread farming.

I also heard that this new boss, you can't use the same attacks throughout the battle. Like they lose effectiveness over time and it forces you to use other weapons/attacks.

I'm going to have a tough time finding a cooperative party. This content is basically locked off from me. smdh.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I vaguely remember seeing the concept art years ago, somewhere in this very forum. It's been so long, I thought this thing got cancelled when G24 came out instead.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well apparently there is a normal mode. I hope that mode drops the items we need to rank our arcanas. :(