Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi 64-bit Client Update

ArcielliaArciellia
Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
Member, Administrator, Nexon
in News and Announcements
200922_announcement_newsarticleheader_940x290.jpg

Hello Milletians! ❤

In an upcoming maintenance, we will be implementing our 64-bit Client Update. We highly recommend that you update your Mabinogi game clients, but this does not require a full re-install of the game when upgrading to the 64-bit Client.

With the February update, Mabinogi's game client will be upgraded to 64-bit, enabling improved performance on modern systems and to help us support Mabinogi long into the future. As part of this update, Mabinogi will no longer be playable on 32-bit (x86) operating systems.

Make sure to check out all details here: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/80110/mabinogi-64-bit-client-update
LeoujiSherri

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited February 1, 2023
    Since this is a Free to Play game it will attract a lot of people where money is tight. Many of them will have 32-bit systems; we'll be losing them. To be sure, those folks probably aren't pumping money into the web shop, to help keep the game going, but their absence will make the game feel more empty with, as a result, doom-sayers decrying the imminent death of the game.

If you aren't sure about your computer then do this:
    1) click on any folder to bring up File Manager,
    2) right-click on "This PC" to bring up it's context menu,
    3) click "properties"
    4) sacrifice ... let's say ... "youngsters" ... to the dark lord for it to say, "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor".
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    is the 64 bit update today?
  • LeoujiLeouji
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    edited February 2, 2023
    I'd forgotten 32-bit systems were a thing. Excited for the update. :smiley: No more Not enough memory crashes? :disappointed:
    Demoncat wrote: »

is it? the update post makes it seem like it is and isn't at the same time Lol.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Helsa wrote: »
    Since this is a Free to Play game it will attract a lot of people where money is tight. Many of them will have 32-bit systems; we'll be losing them. To be sure, those folks probably aren't pumping money into the web shop, to help keep the game going, but their absence will make the game feel more empty with, as a result, doom-sayers decrying the imminent death of the game.

If you aren't sure about your computer then do this:
    1) click on any folder to bring up File Manager,
    2) right-click on "This PC" to bring up it's context menu,
    3) click "properties"
    4) sacrifice ... let's say ... "youngsters" ... to the dark lord for it to say, "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor".

I'll give you all of my possessions if you find someone with a 32 bit system.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited February 2, 2023
    The only native 32-bit computers I've ever known are from before 2004 and probably can't get all the way in-game with today's client anyways let alone load any world geometry due to all of the CPU and memory intensive security features and extra layers that've been tacked onto the client over the decades. So that population is ..probably already taken care of(extinct?) nevermind the upcoming 64bit update.

How's the memory management? What's there to prevent the game from reaching your RAM limit and crashing instead of the 4GB reserve limit it already has. Hitting the ram limit at one hour instead of 30 minutes is still a ram limit crash after all
  • HelsaHelsa
    On one of my computers, it intermittently dismisses the client from memory, when I stop recording with the in-game video recorder. That's what I'll be looking for.
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    edited February 3, 2023
    Leouji wrote: »
    I'd forgotten 32-bit systems were a thing. Excited for the update. :smiley: No more Not enough memory crashes? :disappointed:

Sorry for any disappointment by this! As stated in the official web post, the 64-bit Update will arrive at some point during one of February's maintenances. Place your bets on which one it could be! ✨ (don't actually bet tho please).
    LeoujiSherriNiought
  • HelsaHelsa
    Arciellia wrote: »
    ... Place your bets on which one it could be! ✨ (don't actually bet tho please).

Clearly you meant it as a gentlemilletians kind of bet.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775

Sorry for any disappointment by this! As stated in the official web post, the 64-bit Update will arrive at some point during one of February's maintenances. Place your bets on which one it could be! ✨ (don't actually bet tho please).

My guess is February 23rd. Can you tell us if this update will wipe our skills bars or not? Both of the server merges wiped our skills bars and I am wondering if a major update like this will do the same.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »

My guess is February 23rd. Can you tell us if this update will wipe our skills bars or not? Both of the server merges wiped our skills bars and I am wondering if a major update like this will do the same.

Put me down for 20 Ducats on no, it won't wipe them out.
  • LeoujiLeouji
    Mabinogi Rep: 925

You're fine. I misread it. :sweat_smile:
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    edited February 3, 2023

No, this client update should not wipe any existing information on players' accounts. It will serve as a regular update, just like our weekly maintenances. ❤ Good to ask, though!
    Sherri
  • PeadrianPeadrian
    Mabinogi Rep: 945

i really hope it does wipe the hotkeys, i havent organized mine in years and clean bars would be a great excuse to streamline em
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    i can't wait until this update drops.. i think i get memory leaks all the time.. if i stay in an area for too long and try to move the camera, the fps TANKS

me: *playing mabinogi* WHY CANT YOU BE NORMAL
    my 8 GB RAM computer: *screeching*
    Wolfsinger
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Only problem I have noticed so far about the 64-bit client is the Belvast ship is all messed up. During travel time the ship is completely invisible and although you can get off your commerce mount you can't move around. Commerce to and from Belvast is still possible though. Oddly enough the ships going to and from Port Connous and Port Sella are completely fine.
    SherriArciellia
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited February 18, 2023
    One thing I do like:

It seems that background ambience and background music got separated in the move to 64bit. It's really nice hearing the birds and wind and ocean without also having to turn on the background music. I like it a lot and haven't had background music enabled in at least 9 years so hearing background ambience was a pleasant surprise. I just wish there was more of it because a lot of places are dead-silent all the time

Tailteann altar and Port Cobh sound so calm now with birds and ocean noise :)

Except Iria, Iria's background noises always played even with music muted. Not that it actually has many places with sounds at all.

SherriArciellia
  • HelsaHelsa
    The birds gaily chirping through thunder & lightning storms, at night, is a little weird though; just sayin'!
    [Deleted User]Hardmuscle
  • bladebzbladebz
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    One thing I do like:

It seems that background ambience and background music got separated in the move to 64bit. It's really nice hearing the birds and wind and ocean without also having to turn on the background music. I like it a lot and haven't had background music enabled in at least 9 years so hearing background ambience was a pleasant surprise. I just wish there was more of it because a lot of places are dead-silent all the time

Tailteann altar and Port Cobh sound so calm now with birds and ocean noise :)

Except Iria, Iria's background noises always played even with music muted. Not that it actually has many places with sounds at all.

I find those chirping birds highly annoying and scrambled to find an ambient volume adjustment which there isn't one.
    Had to lower the game's volume to 60% to be sane..

Why haven't these bots selling rebirth potions and pet level potions been dealt with yet? They're all usually cramped together on Dun's bank or on the shop. There are also bots switching characters and coming in and out from tara's bank for some reason and I've seen people farming with alt accounts on avon. It shows that mods truly do not exist in the game at all or they're not doing their job.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Only problem I have noticed so far about the 64-bit client is the Belvast ship is all messed up. During travel time the ship is completely invisible and although you can get off your commerce mount you can't move around. Commerce to and from Belvast is still possible though. Oddly enough the ships going to and from Port Connous and Port Sella are completely fine.

Walk on water.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Walk on water.

You can't walk on water in Mab but you can walk UNDER it, if you recall. :)