Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding (mainly) American-based questions in XO

MizalieMizalie
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited February 16, 2017 in General Chat
Can they, like, be removed? There's no Starbucks where I live. How in the heck am I supposed to know what their sizes are called within moments while also punching out a bunch of Caravan Joes? Seems kinda lame there's questions that a lot of people might not be able to answer solely because of their nationality.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Mizalie wrote: »
    Can they, like, be removed? There's no Starbucks where I live. How in the heck am I supposed to know what their sizes are called within moments while also punching out a bunch of Caravan Joes? Seems kinda lame there's questions that a lot of people might not be able to answer solely because of their nationality.

Just use this http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/OX_Quiz_Event/Questions and stop complain.
    PreciousWolfHelsa
  • MizalieMizalie
    Greta wrote: »

Just use this http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/OX_Quiz_Event/Questions and stop complain.

Yes, let's use a wiki and rot our brains further instead of actually being able to think for myself to answer a question.

Also, you missed the 'ing' at the end of complaining. Seems it's already happening to yourself.

I'm aware (continuing my tangent from first post) as well that Starbucks is -technically- global, but in my area as well as a few others who I know from my country, it either doesn't exist within a large area of them. Kinda dumb questions to ask, in my opinion.
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    This OX Quiz Event is technically just Trivia questions that are either true or false. But just as a reference, Starbucks sizes are: Tall (small), Venti (medium) and Grande (large). Also you might want to follow the majority as a precaution.
  • GretaGreta
    Ctrl + F magic.
    Helsa
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Greta wrote: »

Yes, let's use a wiki and rot our brains further instead of actually being able to think for myself to answer a question.

Also, you missed the 'ing' at the end of complaining. Seems it's already happening to yourself.

I'm aware (continuing my tangent from first post) as well that Starbucks is -technically- global, but in my area as well as a few others who I know from my country, it either doesn't exist within a large area of them. Kinda dumb questions to ask, in my opinion.

There's a lot of questions that the odds are stacked against certain people. That's why you have to put trust in a large group where people can know the questions you don't. It might sound like blind faith but if you don't know it, try that if you don't want to use wiki. Also, the Joes might give you a hint. I think there's a pattern they do that hints towards the right answer but that's just me. Don't take it too harshly.
    GretaSherri
  • MizalieMizalie
    AstralBlue wrote: »
    This OX Quiz Event is technically just Trivia questions that are either true or false. But just as a reference, Starbucks sizes are: Tall (small), Venti (medium) and Grande (large). Also you might want to follow the majority as a precaution.
    I think about a third of us got junked on the question in particular, but yeah. Kinda annoying that the best option is 'look at this list' or just run with whomever. I like to think I can just... look at the trivia and either know or, if I don't, wing it to hell and back or go with the crowd. I've seen the crowd be a 40/60 split once before, so I guess not everyone is just usin' the wiki.
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    You can also read what people says on chat during the quiz. It's not always a solution but many times helps you to decide the answer when you don't know it...
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Can also study the list like your grade school doing a test the next day

Or trial and error every time a question pops
  • MizalieMizalie
    Miuna wrote: »
    You can also read what people says on chat during the quiz. It's not always a solution but many times helps you to decide the answer when you don't know it...

I've gotta have names disabled as I usually have other things running at the same time. This also tends to disable chat bubbles, and with the amount that some people spam it causes the little chat at the bottom to rocket.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    Starbucks has been an international company for over a decade. I don't know if they use the same size names in other countries, though. When I visited Japan in 2007, there were plenty of Starbucks, though I don't recall what the size or menu names were.

I don't know what other questions are in there that are "America-reference only" but that was a poor choice.
    ShouK
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Miuna wrote: »

I've gotta have names disabled as I usually have other things running at the same time. This also tends to disable chat bubbles, and with the amount that some people spam it causes the little chat at the bottom to rocket.

I disable names too but I do always have chat log open...It sort of helped me a couples of times now. Tho it's true that it adds lag sometimes ^^''
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You can think for yourself all you want, but if you don't actually know the answer, then what do you do?
    Complain that you didn't know the answer to a trivia question on the forums?

Just use the wiki, as "brain-rotting" (lmao) as you think it is, there's no denying its usefulness.
    It exists for people who don't already know these bits of trivia.
    People failed in the past so you don't have to fail today.
    If you don't wanna look up the answers as the game is in progress, you can just study the page and memorize the trivia yourself beforehand.

Never seen a person complain about the wiki actually having the info they need.
    XiokunSherriGretabadnewsbarrettYokkaichiIonAstralBlue[Deleted User]NilremSylviaWolfeand 1 other.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Haven't had a chance to try the quiz yet but last time around, I just ignored all the questions and followed the Joe meter haha.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • Kirara01Kirara01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,815
    I know the pain :'3 In the uk I'm pretty sure the "tall" is a medium but the event said I was wrong and kicked me out anyway?
    I don't know if this is different in the US (since I never went to starbucks in the US)
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited February 16, 2017
    I understand Nation based questions and Coffee cup size but what's up with all these anime or other game based questions though? We don't call those as common sense/knowledge.
  • MySkyFallsMySkyFalls
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    edited February 16, 2017
    Trivia questions don't care where you came from. They're meant to be insignificant pieces of info.

I might as well complain about <The shore of the Caspian Sea in Russia is the lowest point in Europe.> because I'm a MURICAN™ and it's a question I don't know the answer to because I ain't no commie.
    GretaClefairy
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 16, 2017
    People already are giggling at this thread in Alexina. Woah.
    Helsa
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I think a few years back Nexon asked the community to add their own questions to the XO event, and I think that's where the Starbucks and Anime questions came from.
  • IzzyKuroNekoIzzyKuroNeko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    I have noticed there's actually new questions, which are not in the wiki so I'm just winging it by looking at the Joemeter since if a lot are on the right answer the meter goes down, and when they leave the right answer the meter goes up.
    [Deleted User]
  • PyroPyro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    I have noticed there's actually new questions, which are not in the wiki so I'm just winging it by looking at the Joemeter since if a lot are on the right answer the meter goes down, and when they leave the right answer the meter goes up.
    Well dang, if there's new questions, can't fully rely on the wiki or google D:
    Sounds like a good idea to watch the meter xD

Why not google? Cuz nexon says Kobe Bryant was born in Los Angeles instead of Philadelphia [noparse]>.<[/noparse]
    Ferghus must've helped make the event, cuz somebody's hand was slippin when they assigned the answer to that question ;)
    IzzyKuroNekoSherri