Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What Do Players Want From The NA Dev Team?

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited February 26, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Aside from asking the KR team to speed up one of the most desired revamps, players have been complaining for years that the staff "Just doesn't get us." So, what is it exactly that we want from them? Let's hear some feedback and see the poll results.

Link To Most Desired Revamp Poll
(Please Post Any Skill Revamp Desires or Rants into the Skill Revamp Poll in the link from the OP, as well as any Racial Balancing rants into the link from the OP. Thank You.)

Link To New Server Merge Poll
Please bring comments regarding the server population here, thanks.
  1. What Do You As A Player of Mabinogi Want From NX NA?28 votes
    1. Faster And More Accurate Gachapon Releases From KR
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Faster And More Accurate Content Releases From KR
       32% (9 votes)
    3. More Original Mabinogi Exclusive Events
       4% (1 vote)
    4. More GM Events With Some New Ideas
       4% (1 vote)
    5. More Tie Up Events With Other Companies
       0% (0 votes)
    6. More UGC Showcases and Contests
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Smarter And More American Catered Marketing(Cash Shop+Gachapon Model Remodel Discussion)
       18% (5 votes)
    8. Discussions of the NA and KR Community Suggestions/Feedback and Dev Opinions
       14% (4 votes)
    9. All Of The Above
       25% (7 votes)
    10. Multiple Options From Above, I'll Post Which Ones Below.
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Something Else... I'll post my rant and rave below.
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gachas are gamble, Events can get boring. NA and KR community discussions would be nice actually. And some interesting new system or other content would be amazing.
    Darkpixie99Kryo
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd like more "North American" marketing. I'm sick of gachas and gambling. >:/
    GretaKryo
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'd like more "North American" marketing. I'm sick of gachas and gambling. >:/

Yeah i only like to buy cash items directly in shop too.

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    number 1 thing i want is some TLC to "official" info that gets posted and/or improvement in squashing of bugs
    not expecting everything to be released perfectly with no bugs/mistakes but some dedicated fixing up afterward would be cool

- double check announcement info and web shop descriptions before posting
    - fact check info before posting
    - inquire into and check consistency between translations in game and on the site
    - fix mistakes with eyes open and an awake mind e_e not just slapping a bandaid on without even sticking it down properly
    - feedback/activity in bugs and glitches section
    - testing and evaluation of events and game content whether it be prior to release or in real time alongside players
    - measures to avoid confusion in regards to info eg. more in-depth descriptions, less vagueness
    - accurate timestamps of when timed events/content will start and end which are updated when necessary
    - could possibly add more info about gacha content like stats of titles and preview images of new equips so there's less "what even is that item?"
    Darkpixie99Kryo
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 5, 2017
    I suppose it doesn't have to be the KR with NA livestream or members of Devcat to specifically interact with players, since they do have to develop more content to add new content and update old content as well. However, I would still like to see a team of GMs who work directly on the forums to communicate with players about feedback and suggestions that the KR devs like. It would be awesome to have events like the return of PvP tournaments and having the GMs host their own ideas for new content and events for Mabinogi NA. I just really wish Nexon NA stopped "Needing" to ask KR first and actually have the tools and knowledge on how to do this stuff.

staff_gif.gif
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    -1 for gachapons
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited March 6, 2017
    The thing is, NA-Nexon/Devcat can't do anything from their office since they don't have the resources to do so... Because that's what the Vancouver studio with it's 90'ish employees in said studio was for... but they closed it down 7 years ago.

So now they're just a satelite office that hosts services for North America.
    Leinei
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Froglord wrote: »
    The thing is, NA-Nexon/Devcat can't do anything from their office since they don't have the resources to do so... Because that's what the Vancouver studio with it's 90'ish employees in said studio was for... but they closed it down 7 years ago.

So now they're just a satelite office that hosts services for North America.

So what if Nexon NA is just a dead branch of Nexon KR? It'll be chopped off anyways if it can't listen to player feedback and produce what it needs itself to gain the interest of the next gen of kids who are all hyped up on the FPS trend.