Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bring back outfit bags!

LoreynaLoreyna
Mabinogi Rep: 870
edited February 18, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello Mari server! I'm here to talk about outfit bags.

Specifically, I'd like to see single outfit bags make a comeback. It's cool that we can get some retro outfits at a discount, but what I'd really like to see are newer outfits in a single bag that doesn't require the opening of dozens of gachapons just to get what you want. I remember outfit bags being relatively affordable, where as the gacha have a chance of making you spend towards your account limit just to get the outfit that was advertised.

I've found myself unable to get the newer outfits due to not having the time (or connection/memory capabilities) to spam Shadow Missions for the gold that would earn me these outfits in-game, and I am on a limited budget when it comes to real world money.

I believe all players would consider it a great service if Nexon NA returned to single outfit bags for users.
SherriNegumikoDarkpixie99
  1. Would you want to see single outfit bags make a comeback?18 votes
    1. Heck yes!
       94% (17 votes)
    2. No way!
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I don't get outfits.
       6% (1 vote)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I also miss outfit bags myself. There are some on the shop right now and once in a while they do have those sales but it isn't often.
    It's usually crammed gachas that I rather not spend money on. :/
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    i have capped out my account more times then i would like to admit due to being unable to buy prepaid, and have been unable to get anything even worthwhile out of most Gaptas.
    Kryo
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Honestly I'm sick and tired of the good outfits being thrown in gachas every time we turn around. No body wants to spend tons of money to for a CHANCE at getting the outfit they want.
    And I personally won't even touch those shuffle cards (it LOOKS like a fair 1 in 9 chance of getting a decent prize, but it could actually [is most likely] be a skewed probability RNG. So 1 in 9 is probably more like 0.15 in 9.....or worse) .

As for recent shopping bags, they've all been re-releases of old ones. Don't get me wrong! Many of the old shopping bags should be re-released! But that won't make up for the all the really sought after outfits being stuck in the gacha.

And anyway if you're going to do a gacha do it right! We don't need a gacha with 10 billion items in it. Even REAL gachas (in store keychain charm gachas, or mini figures, etc.) have a small list. I've never been failed by those.

And I'm curious: wouldn't these digital gachas be considered a form of online gambling/lottery? And if so what about the laws concerning such things? Especially since Nexon of America is stationed in California where they have laws regarding crane/claw machines ( they have to have a 1 in 12 chance of winning otherwise the owner/leaser is fined. In Las Vagas it's a 1 in 15 chance). Btw this was interesting stuff that I looked up last year because of an interest in crane games. ;P
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    @Sphyra21 I think given what gachapon are inherently keeps Nexon NA from being potentially fined regarding that crane/claw machine law you mentioned. Technically, each time you buy and use a gachapon, you "win" a prize, even if it can be considered the equivalent to a consolation prize.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Op! Got side tracked typing all that up and multitasking with other things so forgot to mention this:

Don't you just HATE it when you open a gacha and you're all excited cuz, "OMGOSH! I GOT THE OUTFIT I WAS WANTING
    !" Then you take that 2nd look and you realize.....
    It's for the opposite-gender/wrong-race.

This is especially annoying if you're after the female version of any outfit (which for some reason seems like there are less of). Your first thought is: Oh I can just trade with someone (male) who wants the male version and get the female that I want!

Act fast! There are only so few female versions out there in the hands of the few willing to trade for a male version.
    And if you can't trade it, well good luck selling it. Not likely to sell (for much).

Ooo! another point! WHY IN HOOHAA DO FEMALE OUTFITS HAVE TO BE 3 TIMES THE PRICE OF MALE OUTFITS?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Leinei wrote: »
    @Sphyra21 I think given what gachapon are inherently keeps Nexon NA from being potentially fined regarding that crane/claw machine law you mentioned. Technically, each time you buy and use a gachapon, you "win" a prize, even if it can be considered the equivalent to a consolation prize.

Yeah I realized this point before I started typing. But it begs to question are there any laws or anything regarding gachas and like in the way of prize value vs. probability vs. price paid? Is there some sort of regulation of the value of the lowest value item(s) and higher value item(s)?
    Just food for thought :D
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 20, 2017
    Alalarose wrote: »
    i have capped out my account more times then i would like to admit due to being unable to buy prepaid, and have been unable to get anything even worthwhile out of most Gaptas.

This is why I only spend $20 every now and then, and spend most of my money on apps with better gacha rates instead.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'm going to play devils advocate for a second in saying that gacha outfits are a brilliant way for lucky folks to make bank on the gachas, to feed the narcissistically good and prideful feeling of owning an expensive/rare outfit, and for making Nexon money on the gachas. I appreciate them putting these outfits in the gacha and making them something sought after about as much as I wish I could pay a flat rate for a guaranteed item. I'd be happy if maybe they met in the middle and made some versions gacha and some outfit bags ie: make mortello's pitch black suit gacha and the pitch black suit w/o idle outfit bag buy able.