Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Renovation Season 3 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/74541/renovation-season-3-patch-notes-may-26th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No Maintenance?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
Posts: 2,429
Member
edited February 22, 2017 in General Chat
Weren't we supposed to have a maintenance today? The dates on the sales for the Winter Gear Gacha and the Valentine's Outfits were slated to end on the 21st, but they're both still in the shop?

Valentine's Outfits: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J35

Winter Gear Gacha: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J2x/winter-gear-shuffle-cards

Comments

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,755
    Posts: 6,972
    Member
    edited February 22, 2017
    Umm... They don't need a maintenance for items to be removed from the shop. Have seen many times when items/events disappear before maintenance starts or doesn't start at all.
    They are probably not in hurry to remove them or maybe they forgot?
    Helsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    Yeah but, I like new stuff every week yo.
    SylviaWolfeAlexisEUSherriSunbeamtheGreatSkaidrojumi
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,429
    Member
    They probably don't but they usually line up maintenances with event/cash shop sale end dates. We have to have a weekly maintenance in order to maintain server health, as if we don't monster spawns can suffer among other issues.
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Posts: 83
    Member
    I think there has been a maintenace last 2 weeks back, usually there will be maintenance if the current events are over, replaced for new events..
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited February 22, 2017
    there is pretty much always a weekly maintenance. I dunno if this week they had issues or what, but I don't think we should worry until after tomorrow is over. they might have decided to have a Thursday maintenance again for some reason. usually they only do Thurs if there's a windows update, but it's still possible
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,429
    Member
    I think the only time we've not had a weekly maintenance is in the event of holiday like how the office takes time off for Christmas and New Years.

    @SunbeamtheGreat We have a weekly maintenance for server restarts because if we don't, we have issues with monster spawns among other things.
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    I think the only time we've not had a weekly maintenance is in the event of holiday like how the office takes time off for Christmas and New Years.

    @SunbeamtheGreat We have a weekly maintenance for server restarts because if we don't, we have issues with monster spawns among other things.


    Leinei wrote: »
    I think the only time we've not had a weekly maintenance is in the event of holiday like how the office takes time off for Christmas and New Years.

    @SunbeamtheGreat We have a weekly maintenance for server restarts because if we don't, we have issues with monster spawns among other things.

    Well if they run weekly maintenace to do server restart, the crew should look into all the technical issues & bugs/glitches that players are posting on the forum. Keeping the game running mostly smooth.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member

    Well if they run weekly maintenace to do server restart, the crew should look into all the technical issues & bugs/glitches that players are posting on the forum. Keeping the game running mostly smooth.

    the problem is they can't do that. only the developers in KR can fix bugs and send patches to our team to add in the fix
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,429
    Member
    Nexon North America doesn't look into the bugs and glitches nor do they make content, that's Nexon in Korea.
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »

    Well if they run weekly maintenace to do server restart, the crew should look into all the technical issues & bugs/glitches that players are posting on the forum. Keeping the game running mostly smooth.

    the problem is they can't do that. only the developers in KR can fix bugs and send patches to our team to add in the fix
    Leinei wrote: »
    Nexon North America doesn't look into the bugs and glitches nor do they make content, that's Nexon in Korea.

    Looks like Korea is number 1. Lol! I haven't paid a lot attention if Mabi undergo weekly maintenance on regular basis. Often times I thought they do maintenance when the event(s) are up on the set deadline.. :/
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,429
    Member
    edited February 22, 2017
    They do maintenance to remove events as well, but they usually do them for standard system upkeep. XD

    The fact that Nexon hasn't said anything about one is making me antsy.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    edited February 22, 2017
    When in doubt, the maintenance will be on Thursday if it's not on Wednesday. Monday was a holiday in America (President's Day) and they might have taken off.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Nexon North America doesn't look into the bugs and glitches nor do they make content, that's Nexon in Korea.

    I wouldn't say Nexon NA doesn't do anything about the bugs. They appear to have their own QA team, and they probably don't need to go through Korea for text issues.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,429
    Member
    edited February 22, 2017
    @Buffalos Well, yeah, but usually they have to ask Korea for a fix regarding complicated issues. Also, we had two cash shop sales end YESTERDAY but they're still up for some reason, which is why I thought we'd have a maintenance today, because the end date for those sales was the 21st.

    Edit: Corrected the status of the sales. They took them down. XD
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    there's still no maintenance announcement for tomorrow either ;A;
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Posts: 564
    Member
    I'm remembering a time around this last year where the GMs all took a hike and people were starting to panic. Starting to wonder if this is their vacation time or something.
  • ClefClef
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Posts: 35
    Member
    Policroma wrote: »
    I'm remembering a time around this last year where the GMs all took a hike and people were starting to panic. Starting to wonder if this is their vacation time or something.

    How Nexon of them.
    Hopefully they have a good reason, like some big content coming that needs adjustment? Maybe Memento.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    edited February 23, 2017
    Do they know that the server will explode without weekly maintenance? Must be someone's vacation time. :|

    999...OHHHHHHHH~!
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    Posts: 211
    Member
    Wouldn't they make an announcement about them going on vacation? Plus didn't they have their Christmas vacation not that long ago?

    I wonder why there was no maintenance...
  • DaraeusDaraeus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,135
    Posts: 36
    Member
    We don't need a maintenance every week. We only had 2 sales to turn off, which can be done without bringing the service down. We don't want to bring down servers for no reason :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    edited February 23, 2017
    Daraeus wrote: »
    We don't need a maintenance every week. We only had 2 sales to turn off, which can be done without bringing the service down. We don't want to bring down servers for no reason :D

    You say that but we know first hand what happens over the weekend when you don't do maintenance.

    tumblr_nhzx55fbAc1u3ht9io1_500.gif

    Least do a server restart on Friday and then we're all in the clear.