Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sword Art Online Mabinogi Crossover Event!!!

Comments

• SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Well this is just a suggestion- or an event suggestion that only up to NEXON to decide on. I love the SAO event, the only thing event I am hyped about. Other crossover events are okay. Other events are meh.

I wish they can bring back the SAO Gachapons at least, I want to in-game cosplay as Kirito as the only fashion I aim for :/
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited February 22, 2017
    Unfortunately, that's determined by who holds the licensing here in North America and whether or not they will allow Nexon NA to use the anime content (characters, outfits, etc) with was why it took us so long to get the Fate/Stay event here. =T
    Leinei wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that's determined by who holds the licensing here in North America and whether or not they will allow Nexon NA to use the anime content (characters, outfits, etc) with was why it took us so long to get the Fate/Stay event here. =T

I know, at least I sent a message letting them know I enjoy the past SAO Crossover Event back in 2014. Good times.

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    A really nice friend got me the Kirito/Heathcliff outfits a long time ago, but I didn't get the chance to get any female outfits, cuz' ya know, costs NX. Something I hardly ever have.

I'd take an SAO event over a Naruto event any day though. At least the story is understandable for me to read. >.>
    I came back on Mabinogi last 8 weeks before Valintine's Day, everything dramatically changed! When I log back on, my mabi character seemed to lost a lot of valuable CS items.

One lf them that means a lot to me is the SAO gachapon items! I still have few of SAO Heathcliff outfits, but don't have SAO Kirito l's set outfit & his dual.swords. along with the Yui Doll & the Spriggan wing.

Few people on the game are still buying them, though rare to search at the market in-game...

I hope there's chance to get them.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    SAO items are not that rare in our shop actually. It's just that no one wants to buy them since most people are fed up with SAO already or they never liked that anime in the first place. I personally liked SAO until they didn't release ALO, GGO and so on. Now i just see a guy that is in a huge girl harem even though he has a "girlfriend". They barely even did show Asuna after ALO things happened, it seems like later episodes are filled with fanservice instead actual story.
    SheenaTheNyanCat
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Either way, I'd have no NX to spend.
    Also, I doubt copyright would let us have it again.
    Unless some miracle happens, maybe with the new SAO movie..?

If it were to violate copyright, then how did Mabinogi, NEXON managed to have the crossover event in the first place???

Even promoting the movie with it, it would possible fall under the copyright infringement. They just have to negotiate & agree to pay them. Almost anything can be copyrighted & it is very strict these days.

They had the event in the first place because they paid for it. Like with our F/S night event, they pay to promote it like they do. No one else answered that, so I figured I would.

Other than more negotiations, it would be nice to see Nexon NA team up with multiple Anime Studios to get Mabinogi more into the Anime and Fantasy Life paradise that all the current and remaining fanbase enjoy. The promotion level of Mabinogi for the past two years has been pretty much non existent, almost like Nexon KR is willing to talk to the "Big Boys With Big Bucks And Big Lawyers" while Nexon NA stands around like a headless chicken unsure of how to stand on it's own feet. Seriously, how hard could it be to ask the copyright holder a simple question? Asking someone if you can pay them money to make even more money should be rather easy, and laughable if you only get 30%.
    Greta
    Again I made the thread as a suggestion & feedback which fits well. I love the SAO event, I DO like the gachapons they had in the CS back then.

Now, I been looking all over for them, looking to buy the SAO Kirito outfit set, dusl swords, Yui Doll, & the Spriggsn wing. Solid!
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    The SAO was not even close to the best event we had and i hope we do not have it once more it messed up the game so much
    Greta
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Aside from the rewards, the event itself wasn't very fun because it mainly involved running a tedious dungeon over and over again. I much prefer the FSN crystal defence minigame and the board game (though FSN had arguably worse rewards). I wouldn't mind SAO making a comeback but not if it's just a rerun the old event again.
    TheNyanCat
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    HARD PASS FOR ME.

I hated those events. They were so irritating and WAY too time consuming when I could have been off doing other things.
    While the enchants and titles were okay, I didn't really want or need them and I only want the potion bag from that event. (Since I seem to have lost mine).
    Other than that, I'm SO good on another SAO event. If we're doing another cross over, I'd prefer the FMA cross over everyone has been wanting, or some other better anime. Not SAO.
    GretaXiokun
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 14, 2017
    Sgiathach wrote: »
    The SAO was not even close to the best event we had and i hope we do not have it once more it messed up the game so much

I know right? It messed this game so much that many new players joined in this game only because it looked "like SAO" to them. Everyday i would see at least 10 different players named after Kirito and even sometimes i would see some Asuna's too. Thank god after like 2 years the SAO infection is gone in Mabinogi. For now...
  • Jag272Jag272
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    As much as the rewards themselves were nice in the SAO event, the event itself was absolutely disgusting IMO and incredibly grindy.

If they made a different SAO event then sure, maybe one for one of the newer storylines perhaps, but the old event is a solid pass and kill it with fire for me. Don't want that event to darken my doorway ever again.
    GretaTheNyanCat
  • Kirito97Kirito97
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I know more than 75 people playing this game because of the SAO event and then wondering why there is no SAO shopping bag. Please bring back the SAO event. This would not only satisfy my 75 friend/acquaintances, but also boost popularity by appealing to a larger group of people who enjoyed the anime SAO.
  • Kirito97Kirito97
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Sao stands for Sword Art Online (if you didn't know) which is an Anime,manga and a light novel.
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Sad memories of my newbie lyfe. Sold a floor sao enchant for 100g cos i didn't know the power of paper.
    Also I heard that crossovers are licensing nightmares. UBW items couldn't even be dyed bc of reasons.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I just want my Pina 2nd title coupon. They sold out before I got enough money to buy one...
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited May 5, 2017
    I'd like the SOA event to return. It was a fun event. But one thing I DO NOT want back is the SOA gachapon. Why? Potions. Thats why. The crystal potions come in stacks of (drumroll please) ONE. Yea, 1200 NX for a lousy potion. You don't even get a bonus prize like a shadow crystal. If it comes back, yea to everything else but nay to the gachapon.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    SAO can die in a ditch.... give us a .hack//sign event
  • BippiBippi
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    edited May 9, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    Also, if it wasn't such an old game, I would think Lunar/Lunar 2 would be a good idea for a cross-over.

I realize this is a comment from a couple months ago, buuuuuut... I wish this could become a reality too. I absolutely LOVED Lunar: Silver Star Story! (...still playing Lunar 2 nowadays...)

At least you can have Nash's hair in-game, albeit at a lower quality. :c
    Wish they'd redo all the old hairstyles like the Tir NPC hairs. They look real nice.
    mabinogi_2017_05_10_001_zpsvj2cwxrv.pnghqdefault.jpg

Just realized the style is also basically Ace Ventura's. lmao -> v1.bjs3MDYwNTM7ajsxNzMzMzsxMjAwOzIwNjQ7MTE2MQ

Greta