[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct
. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Stricter Blacklisting and changes to this function
I am suggesting some changed be made to the blacklisting function in light of recent events that have happened to me. Some of the changes that I think would be beneficial to the community include:
- Blacklist as a separate list from the friend list allowing for more people to be added as friends and not have blacklisted people count toward the max total of friends allowed. Blacklisted people should be treated differently than people on friend list.
- Blacklisted person is not able to send any forum of communication to the person who blacklisted them including, PM, Notes, Mail (using mailbox), and of course talk to them through the game chat ie public chat or private (whisper) systems. Blacklisting essentially ends all forms of communication with the person.
- Blacklisted persons can not be added to group conversations (PMs with more than two people present) with a person participating that has them on their blacklist. Attempting to add a blacklisted person to the conversation would trigger an error "this person can not join this conversation." and then close out of the message. A notice would then be sent to the window that the person attempted to join the chat but was blocked from doing so.
( This may need modication to be fair towards the person blacklisting and the mutual person caught in between. I have been wary of group chats and immediately close any containing blacklisted people as a way to get around is.)
- Blacklisting a person would automatically hide you from the person so that the can not contact you in any forum. Right now blacklisting only hides the offender however the offender is still able to see the person that blacklisted them which should be changed so that the offender is not able to see the person who has blacklisted them.
- If you blacklist someone it makes you always appear offline to them with no information available (such as channel location, status message, online status)
-If a person is blacklisted, particles and sound effects around said are invisible and mute. (Suggested by Sherri)
- Blacklisting someone hides effects (sounds and visual) tied to skills they use such as hydra, golem, and puppets. (Suggested by Sphere)
(Suggestion about guild blacklisting was removed as a different method to handle this was suggested for me to use instead).
If you can think of anything else that maybe helpful to improve the function of blacklisting offending players please add here. I know not all of these things maybe considered and some maybe too complicated, but the way the blacklist is now it doesn't help much other that making the offender invisible to the player.
and 5 others.