Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

:D Question for GM's and Mod's, also poll!

ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
in General Chat
Ok here is a big top question for me, on your off times away from being GM's and Mod's, Do you play Mabi on them off times? Also this ties into another thing, back in the old days I remember when GM's would be logged into the game and just standing around towns helping new players. I loved it and I would also support it once again because nothing shows a good game then to have in game GM's helping the community and just being a figure head on each server. Many games have in game GM activity to help boost moral to the community, and I am not talking about them helping with raids and such, I'm talking about just general stuff and chatting it up with people. To sum this up, how many of you would like to see the GM's be on in game regularly to aid new players and such? I am not saying this would ever happen but it would be good for the games community to see staff in game to help with support then just on forums and a support site. I'm sure they get bored sitting around the office not getting to meet new people or get to know the players more. So what do you think?
  1. Would you like to see in game GM activity on each server on a regular basis?45 votes
    1. Yes
       93% (42 votes)
    2. No
       7% (3 votes)

Comments

• JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I still want to see speed runs become a GM event. Weather they be recorded or done in game, speed runs of Phantasm/Alban SS/MA tourney would be a great content.
  • AlukinaAlukina
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    I think it's sad that 99% of us don't even know who our GM's are. You could argue that they're only really here to serve the purpose of monitoring the game, but seeing as how they are performing this job on behalf of our community, I would think that they would also want to be known and be a part of it as well?

That's how I would feel in that position. But you also have to take into account that if they were a visible/active part of the game then they would probably be making friends with us the players too and when/if bad things happened they might be seen as bias and it might cause problems. I think this is why we don't really see much of anyone except Sabina because she's kinda like the forums moderator (I think)
    Darkpixie99
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Alukina wrote: »
    I think it's sad that 99% of us don't even know who our GM's are. You could argue that they're only really here to serve the purpose of monitoring the game, but seeing as how they are performing this job on behalf of our community, I would think that they would also want to be known and be a part of it as well?

That's how I would feel in that position. But you also have to take into account that if they were a visible/active part of the game then they would probably be making friends with us the players too and when/if bad things happened they might be seen as bias and it might cause problems. I think this is why we don't really see much of anyone except Sabina because she's kinda like the forums moderator (I think)

I agree fully about this but I'm sure the players would like to get to know who the GM truly are and even if they are to make friends it would still be only job related and can not be taken seriously. Kinda like any other job, you can make friends with your customers but in the end they are just your paycheck and you must act accordingly to an issue even if they are your friend.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited March 1, 2017
    Funny, I don't remember any GM helping any new players aside from helping those who submitted a ticket. I've been a long time player helping others and submitting tickets for game technicalities and have not once seen a GM outside of GM base events.

I don't think it would be a wise thing for GM's to be actively present due to the state this game has been and has stayed all these years since it started. It just wouldn't look good unless they actually actively start doing things to clean up the game and themselves.

Much like forums, they need to start policing their game from harassment, bullying, etc etc. It's still a growing thing in game that made it's player-base so small at this current point that.....I encounter players being scared to play because they think the game is going to dye soon.

A side note....not sure how long people have been around, but Nexon NA staff knows very little about any of the games they host. The company would be luck out if any of them would actually play it as a casual player if that. Most of them work and just .......don't game MMORPG's like these. Hence the lack in even the tech support area.
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    The GM's are probably busy enough already.
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Yes, I would like to see it, but no, it won't happen.
    The GMs have work to do while they are on the clock. As much as I would like to run into GMs in town and thank them for their work, they understandably can't be on much because they are working. If they appear in town to socialize it would be no different than someone working any other job spending worktime socializing on Facebook. It's different at GM party events because then socializing with players actually is part of their job. I appreciate the GMs using some of their free time to socialize such as staying late after the GM party to play an additional round of Mafia with us, but it isn't like they should be forced to put in the extra time. An additional concern is the potential harassment the GMs might receive from dissatisfied players if they did log in to a populated area to help people. So I can understand why they wouldn't appear very often. That said, I would like to see more GM party events.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Ok here is a big top question for me, on your off times away from being GM's and Mod's, Do you play Mabi on them off times? Also this ties into another thing, back in the old days I remember when GM's would be logged into the game and just standing around towns helping new players. I loved it and I would also support it once again because nothing shows a good game then to have in game GM's helping the community and just being a figure head on each server. Many games have in game GM activity to help boost moral to the community, and I am not talking about them helping with raids and such, I'm talking about just general stuff and chatting it up with people. To sum this up, how many of you would like to see the GM's be on in game regularly to aid new players and such? I am not saying this would ever happen but it would be good for the games community to see staff in game to help with support then just on forums and a support site. I'm sure they get bored sitting around the office not getting to meet new people or get to know the players more. So what do you think?

We have New User Ambassadors who actually perform such functions-- not policing or with any authority, however we/they are there to assist players with questions and whatnot.

As for GMs, they're there to do work when on their GM accounts. Considering that, I don't think anyone's going to be giving out their personal accounts. So they're already amongst ye commoners, pretty much! :P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2017
    Yeah a GM's job is not glamorous, they are there to process tickets and resolve issues on a daily basis. They don't have time to play the games. If some of them do play Nexon games on their off time they have their own personal accounts.