Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Direct Launch Ending March 16th

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    Better not screw up Steam, or I'm going to be extremely angry.

If this forced update prevents us from using Steam I might quit. Steam works just fine for me and I am not looking forward to having to download the game on nexon launcher if it has a bunch of problems. This is not really a smart move for nexon to make as losing the Steam version could cost them a lot of players.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 1, 2017
    I have no issues with launcher luckily and it's really fast to me. Now most people are QQ'ing over the launcher and threatening to leave game because of it. Smh. I started to use this launcher after few months of it's release because i had to redownload Mabinogi, i almost had no issues with it since then.
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 1, 2017
    eikoden wrote: »
    ^ What Surianna said. I am just going to say that I find this deeply upsetting. Is Nexon aware that they will likely lose a large portion of players? Especially those who have been playing since the beginning? What of the EU players who can't use the launcher? They can't use Steam, can they? How will they play? Sorry for being blunt about this and upset, but I find this completely and utterly UNACCEPTABLE.

I'm from EU and launcher works for me PERFECTLY. We can use Steam, but i never had one, because Steam is for people who want mostly to buy games or get Steam exclusive junk and such. And i think that people leaving game over the launcher is utterly PATHETIC.

Xiokun
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    So how does this affect people using Steam?

You should be able to use Steam just fine(minus any existing service limitations).
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Greta wrote: »
    I have no issues with launcher luckily and it's really fast to me. Now most people are QQ'ing over the launcher and threatening to leave game because of it. Smh. I started to use this launcher after few months of it's release because i had to redownload Mabinogi, i almost had no issues with it since then.

It's not QQ'ing if people are having actual problems with it, just because it works for some people doesn't mean it does for everyone else, and these are real issues that need to be dealth with if we're all going to be forced to use it, either that or Steam as long as Steam isn't affected. And like others have said, some countries don't seem to have Mabi on Steam so that's not even an option for them.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 1, 2017

It's not QQ'ing if people are having actual problems with it, just because it works for some people doesn't mean it does for everyone else, and these are real issues that need to be dealth with if we're all going to be forced to use it, either that or Steam as long as Steam isn't affected. And like others have said, some countries don't seem to have Mabi on Steam so that's not even an option for them.

Well i think most people are overreacting here, i feel like some people here didn't even actually try to use that launcher for some time and just went into the forums screaming "I DON'T WANT THIS LAUNCHER, YOU GONNA LOSE SOME PLAYERS IF YOU DO THIS NEXON!" I'm wondering what is going on in other Nexon game forums, i won't be surprised if Mabinogi Forum has the most salt over this.

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

Well i think most people are overreacting here, i bet some people here didn't even actually try to use that launcher for some time and just went into the forums screaming I DON'T WANT THIS LAUNCHER, YOU GONNA LOSE SOME PLAYERS IF YOU DO THIS NEXON! I'm wondering whats going on in other Nexon game forums, i won't be surprised if Mabinogi Forum has the most salt over this.

I don't know what it is with everyone here just defaulting to the word "salt" every time someone has a complaint but again, real problems is not equal to QQ'ing. Did you even read the thread? People have posted what problems they've been having, these need to be addressed. Nexon doesn't need to fix what isn't broken. There isn't anything wrong with the direct launcher, people have every right to be upset about it.
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 1, 2017

Well i think most people are overreacting here, i bet some people here didn't even actually try to use that launcher for some time and just went into the forums screaming I DON'T WANT THIS LAUNCHER, YOU GONNA LOSE SOME PLAYERS IF YOU DO THIS NEXON! I'm wondering whats going on in other Nexon game forums, i won't be surprised if Mabinogi Forum has the most salt over this.

I don't know what it is with everyone here just defaulting to the word "salt" every time someone has a complaint but again, real problems is not equal to QQ'ing. Did you even read the thread? People have posted what problems they've been having, these need to be addressed. Nexon doesn't need to fix what isn't broken. There isn't anything wrong with the direct launcher, people have every right to be upset about it.

By fixing they probably meant getting rid of all old launchers so all Nexon games will be only launchable via "new" Nexon Launcher. And yes, i saw what problems people are having with this Nexon Laucher, but it seems like there are many different people having various problems. There was an issue once where majority of players who are using that new launcher couldn't start it up, but Nexon fixed it asap. So yeah, Nexon wants to kill old direct launcher, now most games share same launcher made by one company and i think that's pretty convenient.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Doesn't this feel a bit like fixing what isn't broken? Having to reinstall the game means having to set all my handy hotkeys all over again.
    KryoLiberate
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    I have Mabinogi installed through steam, but had to disable updates because of weird updating problems, and never actually use the steam login because of that. Not sure why they have to get rid of something that is the last resort to guarantee you entry into the game.
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    I do not approve of this change.
    eikoden
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2017
    Alright alright everyone. I just want to say that this will not effect logging in through Steam. It would be stupid to revoke Steam access and take away additional exposure for the game and this community. Plus that would just take away further revenue from them because of Steam wallet.

My concern was just how far are they going to go with this launcher.
    Darkpixie99Helsa
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »
    My concern was just how far are they going to go with this launcher.

Probably far enough to make everyone use it and hopefully with no issues.

• GretaGreta
    TtheHero wrote: »
    Doesn't this feel a bit like fixing what isn't broken? Having to reinstall the game means having to set all my handy hotkeys all over again.

It's not fixing. Nothing is broken. Nexon just wants to get rid of direct launcher and make everyone use Nexon Laucher.
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I tried to get the Nexon launcher once, and it wouldn't work for me. I don't like this D: I like my .exe
    Surianna
  • HimochiHimochi
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    Kryo wrote: »
    I tried to get the Nexon launcher once, and it wouldn't work for me. I don't like this D: I like my .exe

Agreed, the Launcher 1) didn't work at ALL the last time I tried and 2) also gives me unwanted and unwarranted ads and access to your OTHER games. I only PLAY Mabinogi, and only WANT to. In addition, using the .exe allows me to have LESS things running on my computer, since the Launcher is always open in the background, taking up memory and causing lag. This is a BAD idea. I understand the merit, from your standpoint? But for some people, the Launcher simply isn't an option.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2017
    Liyeta, I know you are not going to stop playing, so there is no need to threaten to quit to get what you want.

Are you concerned about losing screenshots or videos or something? You can back those up. Plus sometimes it helps to just do a clean install, which I am sorry I am going to have to recommend if you are going to use the Nexon launcher. Otherwise your other option is to use Steam.
    GretaHelsa
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I'm preparing by downloading it through Steam, at least I don't have extra stuff going on in the background, and I know it works, I've used Mabi through Steam before.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited March 1, 2017
    If they just want to remove patching from direct launcher, I can deal with at least that. But I don't want to use Nexon Launcher or Steam to LOAD the game and login with a tied set account. I like being able to load Mabinogi.exe and typing my ID/PW from there when I feel like playing.
    badnewsbarrettNinzerker