Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why is Iria Mute?

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in General Chat
Every zone in Uladh and Belvast has a BGM

but Iria has nothing?

is there any chance Nexon could get this corrected by Devcat ?

like c'mon why is it mute?

Comments

• AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    It's supposed to reflect its unsettled wild frontier, hence why it has only three towns and a few encampments.

Also, considering artifact hunting, a BGM would get in the way of trying to hear the BOOP-BOOP-BOOP. Especially when it's a doot...doot-doot...
    Darkpixie99[Deleted User]PolicromaGretaSylviaWolfeCrisis1Sherri
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Aquasol wrote: »
    It's supposed to reflect its unsettled wild frontier, hence why it has only three towns and a few encampments.

Also, considering artifact hunting, a BGM would get in the way of trying to hear the BOOP-BOOP-BOOP. Especially when it's a doot...doot-doot...

but the sticks also glow as you get closer... they could always increase the glow or make a louder sound dulling the music

or only mute the bgm if you have the rods equipped?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    maybe music for the main town areas only would be nice like Filia, Vales, Core Village, and Qilla however I enjoy the the silence. no music makes Iria and good place to do bard practice instead of waiting around 10 minutes for the game music to end in other areas. however the Shyllien Nature Reserve area does have game music ^^
  • AquasolAquasol
    edited March 3, 2017
    but the sticks also glow as you get closer... they could always increase the glow or make a louder sound dulling the music

or only mute the bgm if you have the rods equipped?

They don't glow all that brightly though, and some of us don't run toward the camera :D

I kinda like the quiet experience, myself. Makes for a nice contrast to the constant noise elsewhere in the game. Would like better ambient noises, however.

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Honestly, the silence makes sense. I wouldn't say no to some town music though.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 3, 2017
    I just wish the jungles in the Courcle region would take a page out of Rano's book.

I hate the sounds of the jungle, because they get so loud and don't count as BGM, so you'd have to mute all sound effects to turn them off.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I would appreciate more nature sounds like the wind and the sound of the grass moving or the roaring gusts of wind of vales or the soothing movement of sand in fillia!
    Aquasol
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I did thought about that too, but after i turned off BGM forever i stopped wondering if there's any BGM playing in this area or not.
    Helsa
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Greta wrote: »
    I did thought about that too, but after i turned off BGM forever i stopped wondering if there's any BGM playing in this area or not.

but the bgm are good :c
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Not all of them. I really got fed up by Tir Chonaill and Dunbarton BGM's and area around them too.

Helsa
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 3, 2017

Not all of them. I really got fed up by Tir Chonaill and Dunbarton BGM's and area around them too.

time to afk in belvast then :P but then that theme starts to sound like "kiss from a rose" by Seal
    AlmostNotsuper
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, I always wondered why Vales, Filia, Qilla and Cor didn't have some sort of theme music. Would love that they'd add some.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm kinda depressed that there is still no BGM in Iria too.
    Well, more irritated than anything.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Just play your own little soundtrack in the background! :D
  • SushiSamuraiSushiSamurai
    Mabinogi Rep: 300

Speak for yourself.

I personally find most of the music done by hanstone to be grating to the ears. Unfortunately for me, I tend to hang out in a lot of areas that plays music done by said composer.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated

Speak for yourself.

I personally find most of the music done by hanstone to be grating to the ears. Unfortunately for me, I tend to hang out in a lot of areas that plays music done by said composer.

I like dunbarton tir Bangor tail Tara and Belfast themes tho

I love npc tracy and soft sunshine and character select bgm

They do Get annoying after the 5th loop but they're still good tunes