Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stop with RNG events... Feedback. Not suggestion.

CurikoCuriko
Mabinogi Rep: 900
edited March 6, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Mabinogi is a game i usually went to, to enjoy my time and have fun.
But all these events there is most of the time is so RNG. Have to be lucky and stuff.

I played other mmo's out there. Having events where you worked your way towards rewards and you know where your goal was and that you could reach it.
Or game rewarded you for participating.
RNG events ruin people's moods. Its frustrating for all but those that get the rewards. And its a pure timewaste and timesink.
You sit there or use your time on something you wont even get anything real out of.

Im seriously thinking about quitting mabinogi cause im so frustrated with all of this. Unless mabinogi and whoever plans events actually plan and make events that make everyone happy and doesnt force us to use every single hour and day to try get something that we might not even get in the end. I know its not directly forced. But we are forced to do it if we want it.

If nothing is done to make the events actually enjoyable for everyone. And rewards actually reachable. Im gonna quit. I had enough of wasting my time and having events ruin my mood and days.

How would you feel having everything waved at you on a carrot and mostly not getting it. Annoying as hell. You would be tired about it.
Time is one of the most precious things in this world. None of us have infinite time to live.
And i know many have it like me. Tired of RNG events.
AtaraxizGoldtiger01Sherri
  1. Do you feel that the Carasek Bag was too hard to get? That you didnt get any reward for your time?22 votes
    1. Yes
       82% (18 votes)
    2. No
       18% (4 votes)

Comments

• CurikoCuriko
    edited March 3, 2017
    This XO quiz event have been so frustrating and annoying for so many people. Spending all the time on this event only every single hour and most of us still havent gotten the reward we are actually going for. I spend hours upon hours trying to get this. over 168 hours. If not more. And no stupid bag.

Please remake this event or make an sorry event for creating an event with an near impossible reward that most people cant really get.
    You could have put it in the NPC store for alot of coupons. But no.

So please extend this event and add that bag coupon to the NPC store. So we have actually get the bag that we all are hunting for... Or do one of the other things... Just something so we can actually get the bag without having to ruin our day and mood by this frustrating thing.

This is feedback along with a suggestion.
    Ataraxiz
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    It'll be easier for all of us if we just get a limited time Bag Sale on the Cash Shop. Something along the lines of "Spring Inventory Cleaning" would make sense though.
    XiokunSherri
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited March 3, 2017
    I know RNG events can be srsly frustrating and I've lucked out on some nice items in the past because RNG was just not on my side, but this has always been the case for many games, not just this one. There are events that give set rewards and then other events where you have to work at it and hope to get something good. Sadly, I don't think this will ever change.
  • CurikoCuriko
    Why did you merge my 2 topics together?

And mabinogi have been the worst RNG event i ever played to be honest.
    Atleast when its RNG events. I dont say all events are bad.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    i usually don't mind having a little bit of RNG elements in some events etc. for example in samhain you have 100% chance to get a totem but the roll on it is random. things like that.

this star piece event though is getting a bit too far in my opinion. it's RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.
    run a SM -> RNG to whether a broken piece drops from end chest
    use a chisel -> RNG to whether you get a star piece from it or not
    get a star piece -> RNG to what colour piece you get and it can be a double

at the least, you should be able to trade star pieces for a different colour or trade them in to receive 10 coins instead.
    SherriFilthyRedDevilDarkpixie99SylviaWolfeIyasenuCarlizeAstralBlue
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Daktaro wrote: »
    i usually don't mind having a little bit of RNG elements in some events etc. for example in samhain you have 100% chance to get a totem but the roll on it is random. things like that.

this star piece event though is getting a bit too far in my opinion. it's RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.
    run a SM -> RNG to whether a broken piece drops from end chest
    use a chisel -> RNG to whether you get a star piece from it or not
    get a star piece -> RNG to what colour piece you get and it can be a double

at the least, you should be able to trade star pieces for a different colour or trade them in to receive 10 coins instead.
    Other than shadow mission difficulty, you can directly buy colored stars using coins, as well as the clothings and seals.

It is my favorite type of RNG, one that has hardwork as a back up while rewarding the lucky. Unlike the bug catching event it isn't overly pricey.

Revamp the mission difficulty would be the best way to do it.
  • CurikoCuriko
    Atleast it has other ways to get it too.

The XO didnt give you any option for the bag, that everyone wants.
    SherriHazurah
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Other than shadow mission difficulty, you can directly buy colored stars using coins, as well as the clothings and seals.
    mm you can.. but you can only get 110 coins if you grab it every day. so if you want the suit it leaves enough to buy 2 of the stars. i guess it will be more than enough for lucky people, but my main has been super unlucky lol. with 20 tries so far only got 1 star. if that kind of luck carries on, even not counting doubles he's probably gonna have to choose between the pet and the suit :'(
    i'm playing it on an alt as well to be safe, so i guess not a huuuge deal. but for people who don't have time to spam enough to cover 2 characters it can be hard if they're unlucky with the RNG on RNG on RNG. i guess there's also the argument if it's intended to only be able to get one main prize from this event. is it too greedy to want a pet and a suit? idk :\ but i want em lol.

about the bag... yeah it sucks. but they probably made it such a low drop rate cuz they don't want everyone running around with a carasek bag. since it's in eweca. should they have made it directly buyable with X amount of tokens? maybe. but that's the reason they didn't, i'm guessing.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

about the bag... yeah it sucks. but they probably made it such a low drop rate cuz they don't want everyone running around with a carasek bag. since it's in eweca. should they have made it directly buyable with X amount of tokens? maybe. but that's the reason they didn't, i'm guessing.

Yeah. I'm not mad about bag being super rare, since people who paid money would be really disappointed if that bag suddenly becomes common thing. At least people who don't have or want to waste real money has a chance to get it for free there, which i think is really good thing, because like myself i don't want to gamble Eweca's or spend 20m gold on it.

• GryGry
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Greta wrote: »

Yeah. I'm not mad about bag being super rare, since people who paid money would be really disappointed if that bag suddenly becomes common thing. At least people who don't have or want to waste real money has a chance to get it for free there, which i think is really good thing, because like myself i don't want to gamble Eweca's or spend 20m gold on it.

I got it from Eweca Orb a long time ago. I wouldn't be disappointed or mad at all. The only people who would be are those who want to sell the bag for profit. In fact, many people who have the bag are trying to get more, because they're very useful. If you paid for it a long time ago with Gold, you still got what you paid for. It fulfilled its use. It still will.

Defending this kind of behavior with that type of excuse is actually invalid, considering they constantly give away items that are in Eweca Orb in events. What about during MusicQ, when people got a free Spirit of Tuan? Sure, it was a gimped version that we got for free, but people still paid for it. Pretty sure the only difference was a little less summoning time and I believe two columns of inventory space were taken away, if memory serves.

Hell, they're even doing so in this event too. The 100% Free Repair Kits can be obtained from Gachapons, yet the OX Quiz Event is giving them away pretty frequently.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I do not mind such a thing. Rewarding everyone should take precedent over rewarding the most powerful payers...I think.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    It'll be easier for all of us if we just get a limited time Bag Sale on the Cash Shop. Something along the lines of "Spring Inventory Cleaning" would make sense though.

Yeah, but then you'll probably have people complaining that they can't get NX to buy it and that people are charging too much for it. =T
  • CurikoCuriko

I do not mind such a thing. Rewarding everyone should take precedent over rewarding the most powerful payers...I think.

^ This ^
    Rewarding everyone. Thats what im on about.
  • CurikoCuriko
    edited March 6, 2017
    I seriously hate this event so much.
    I spent over 2 weeks all day everyday. All my free time just doing this event. Not able to really play anything else.
    Opened a shitton of boxes and not a single Carasek Coupon. Its the only reason i been farming for this. After over 2 weeks i got nothing.
    Dedicated all my time on this and nothing else. No reward at all. Such a waste of time.

Way to disappoint Nexon/Devcat.....
    Im most likely gonna leave this game. I had enough of it wasting my time.....
    And the reason im so mad at this is because i spend over 2 weeks of my freetime on this with no reward in the end... Way to reward dedicated players by making if such a low chance. Should reward everyone for putting their time and effort into this...
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Complaining bout RNG rewards for carasek bag.....how bout those of us who RNG'd it out of gacha.
    SylviaWolfe
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I shudder to think how much irl money that took. -_-
    SylviaWolfeSherri
  • CurikoCuriko
    edited March 7, 2017
    They added it to the event. Its different than Gacha.
    An event should be fun and rewarding.
    Not frustrating and annoying.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Leinei wrote: »
    I shudder to think how much irl money that took. -_-

Too much.
  • AngeliumAngelium
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Curiko wrote: »
    They added it to the event. Its different than Gacha.
    An event should be fun and rewarding.
    Not frustrating and annoying.

i agree.

Not to mention they had plenty of possibilities in Preventing the market from being flooded by Caraseks - make the coupons untradeable/1 per account/ high number of tickets so you wont really have time to gather enough for a second bag(10k tickets?) - etc.

its Especially frustrating due to how much time people invested - in hindsight if i'd known how bad the RNG for the bag is i would've just gathered gold and tried to buy one instead of wasting my time on the event( literally wasted time since nothing better came out).

there is no denying this event failed miserably - and in game you can clearly see MANY disappointed players who didnt get a single bag (throughout the ENTIRE DURATION of the event) and a few players that were lucky enough to get one (or 2-3...)
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    The Cookie Island one was a good example of how more events should be.
    You come on, and can do the three random games/fetching (Even though fishing got annoying to do), but can do the story.
    You can spend 50 or so coins for the dress/suit and other stuff with it; OR you could try your look with the gift boxes.
    Think if that was the case with the OX event; Carasek bag for like...1,000 coupons. Not easy to get, but still doable.
    You can keep the weird RNG on the gift boxes, but that 1,000 will be a one-time thing you could do because you couldn't really do it again with the timing you have.