Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Golden Pig Sale

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
edited March 8, 2017 in Vault

The Golden Pig is back on sale. Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, this little piggy eats up gold and explodes in a shower of gold and special items, pick him up for the next two weeks!

Golden Pig

Sale Dates: Wednesday, Mar. 8 -Tuesday, Mar. 21
00J3V-49ed5e65-4635-4f8b-962b-53e89827b6e0.jpg
Price: 3,900 NX

Golden Pig Details
  • Special Abilities:
    -Grows in size as it is fed money
    -Once the Golden Pig becomes large enough, exploding with items and gold before returning back to its original size
  • Summon Time: 113 Minutes
  • Additional Details:
-HP: 46
-MP: 43
-Stamina: 47
-Strength: 17
-Intelligence: 20
-Dexterity: 17
-Will: 26
-Luck: 30
-Defense: 0
-Protect: 2.0
-Speed Rating (Run): 118 / 66
-Inventory Size: 6 x 6
BrightheartVitolan

Comments

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Can anyone who owns one/is familiar elaborate on the whole "explodes with items and gold" part? The wiki just mentions gold ore and ingots.
    Brightheart
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Saygo wrote: »
    -Speed Rating (Fly / Run): 118 / 66

Uhoh
    Brightheart
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited March 8, 2017
    Can anyone who owns one/is familiar elaborate on the whole "explodes with items and gold" part? The wiki just mentions gold ore and ingots.

After feeding it an unclear amount of gold, the pig will do this exploding-looking animation. However, for as long as I've owned mine since they were first released, I've never seen it actually drop gold ore or ingots from the explosion. I've only gotten maybe only 5k gold at max. In addition, I've also gone long periods of time where feeding it will simply say something along the lines of "you should stop feeding this animal" or something.

The amount of gold it requires you feed it far exceeds the amount you get in return, so it's not even worth it, unless you just want to see the animation.

EDIT: I think the amount you need to feed it is 20k, but I don't recall exactly.
    SylviaWolfeImaizumiWolfandWolfBrightheart
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    So this is worthless in terms of ingame cash and real money.
    PeloiSherri
  • SaygoSaygo
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
    edited March 8, 2017
    Beryl wrote: »
    Saygo wrote: »
    -Speed Rating (Fly / Run): 118 / 66

Uhoh

HAH! sorry about that... It is now fixed. The pig can not fly

e7cbf97f61a74b74738e4420eecca409685dec78_hq.gif
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    watercat0 wrote: »
    So this is worthless in terms of ingame cash and real money.

Basically.....thank you @Raishii for explaining ^_^
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Will this get me some high quality bacon?
    SylviaWolfe[Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    If it's not worth it money wise,.. what kind of items does it drop..?
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited March 8, 2017
    MAYBE Gold ore.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    edited March 8, 2017
    That was underwhelming. It's actually worthless.
  • MrzorbMrzorb
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    So, does this mean that we're not getting a real St. Patrick's Day event this year?
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Was thinking of buying it. But still want to know what kind of items it drops. just ingots?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Stats: Bad
    Speed: Bad
    Mount: No
    Inventory: Small
    Gimmick: Not Worthwhile

Rating: ☻☺☺☺☺

At least it's kinda cute and discounted, but there are far more useful pets that could've been (re)released.
    SylviaWolfeBrightheart
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Eh, St. Patrick's Day is on the 17th so maybe we'll see something else next week too? I would have liked to see green pets as well as the Golden Pig, but props for bringing the pig back. =3
    Mrzorb
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    so this is just for entertainment purpose?
    it is not even that interesting
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Leinei wrote: »
    Eh, St. Patrick's Day is on the 17th so maybe we'll see something else next week too? I would have liked to see green pets as well as the Golden Pig, but props for bringing the pig back. =3

GIMME ST. PATRICK'S DAY DUNGEON!!! I remember getting all those green beam swords, cute four-leaf clover umbrella and even Black Unicorn O_O... That dungeon was best!
    PeloiCarlizeNeagan777Brokenroseking
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I remember the St. Patrick's Dungeon that was filled with herb patches of varying types.
  • TamsyTamsy
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Mrzorb wrote: »
    So, does this mean that we're not getting a real St. Patrick's Day event this year?

That seems to be the case, and I'm let down. 2 years I've been back and they haven't done the clover dungeon. As a guy that loves green and green weapons, there's nothing I like more than getting green weapons after punt kicking a Leprechaun.
  • Neagan777Neagan777
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    I sure don't see the point in buying this pet. From what I am seeing people say it sounds worthless. I am waiting for the 5 dollar pets to come back in those random boxes and some of the pets were loaded with dyes.