Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

March Update!

Comments

• KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Not to be mean or anything but it kind of feels like elves got the short end of the stick in terms of having a cool upgrade ;-;. Feels like it'll be an archery only type of perk which would really suck. Please tell me that I'm wrong D:!

By "volley of rapid attacks" I'm kinda hoping for some dps potential to help us keep up in dungeons/SMs/with FH but I definitely won't be holding my breath

Iunno, I asked some of my guildies about this and they told me that we would have this:
    Vision of Ladeca
    • Elf exclusive active skill
    • Can be used once a day
    • Increase aiming speed to 400% temporarly
    • The higher total level is the longer it will last
    • It's been reported that a character with 25K TTL has duration of 15 minutes
    • It is unknown if there is a hard cap to the duration
    • The skill is activate with current level 100
    • The skill is current level dependant and will auto rank with higher level and derank with level reset

If it is this ^ then I'm going to be sad v_v, mainly because elves were supposed to be masters of intelligence, and dex, and here they chose to only be closed minded for one thing...again. (Just like how elves aren't allowed to dual wield because we have "flabby arms" even though we have strong arms for working that bow.)

But yeah, in the end, I think we're getting a dps like thing.

(We should have an elf rework, otherwise what's the point in being an elf anymore other than aesthetic?)

I knew this was coming. I also hoped for Magic related buff/revamp for elves instead, oh well.
    Archery sucks.
    LittlerabbitSylviaWolfe
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Am I the only one excited to meet Saygo? :3
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I love the elf race, they have some great looks and their increases speed is cool. But now that humans have increases speed, there's little reason to choose elf over human. Wish they would allow race changing, cuz at this point I favor human over elf.
    SylviaWolfe
  • FavrielFavriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Gaea wrote: »
    Was it these?

121416631.jpg

I don't think it's this because there missing the forest glass wings in the original announcement pick

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I love the elf race, they have some great looks and their increases speed is cool. But now that humans have increases speed, there's little reason to choose elf over human. Wish they would allow race changing, cuz at this point I favor human over elf.

So the only reason anyone should play elf is for movement speed?
    SylviaWolfe
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    The elf skill seems pretty underwhelming.
    Why does it *always* have to be range related..
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 10, 2017
    More reskinned wings? Meh, show me something new that is not in any overpriced gacha with terrible rng... I'm wondering if they will ever make an event where everyone gets wings for free with 100% chance. Probably not... I would be really surprised if they ever will do it.
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    edited March 10, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    More reskinned wings? Meh, show me something new that is not in any overpriced gacha with terrible rng... I'm wondering if they will ever make an event where everyone gets wings for free with 100% chance. Probably not... I would be really surprised if they ever will do it.

Fergus gave us some wings once :). It looks terrible but at least he tried
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I swear if this gacha drops the price of training pots even more I will gut someone
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Ladeca skill seems useless since you can only use once per in-game day for few minutes?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 10, 2017
    Crisis1 wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Fergus gave us some wings once :). It looks terrible but at least he tried

I remember that. It was for only 7 days or such. Nexon is too greedy to even let us keep ugly, trashy Ferghus wings permanently...

• SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620

No no, as I stated they do have their own cool look. But with the upgrades to humans, I'd rather give up looks and keep speed while also gaining the ability to dual wield.
  • KirimaseKirimase
    Mabinogi Rep: 330
    Favriel wrote: »
    Was it these?

121416631.jpg

I don't think it's this because there missing the forest glass wings in the original announcement pick
    Assuming the version of the gacha we get isn't different from the one KR got, then this isn't all the wings available in the gacha, just the special wing orbs that you can pull that give multiple wings. The orbs shown there are white wing orb, black wing orb, red wing orb, blue wing orb, yellow wing orb, new demon wing orb, new cupid wing orb, new butterfly wing orb, new twinkling wing orb, and new hummingbird wing orb. I can see red dominion wings listed so I'm assuming those will be released, and the new butterfly wing colors listed are grey, blue, scarlet, purple, and green.
    badnewsbarrett
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    I see Glass Wings on the list (Korean). Just image is not there.
    So it might or it might not be this gacha.

• RaistlanRaistlan
    Mabinogi Rep: 510

No no, as I stated they do have their own cool look. But with the upgrades to humans, I'd rather give up looks and keep speed while also gaining the ability to dual wield.

The real issue is that humans are good at everything with no drawback, and the other races have severe drawbacks for little gain. I wouldn't mind either leveling the races out, or adding perks to make the other races feel like they each have a nitch they excel in, I can't speak to giants as I don't play them. Elves would probably be happy just getting an int/dex hybrid skill that allows them to melee (duelist w/rapiers). Then I don't really care that we're even with humans in archery/mage since we will also be good in melee as well. I'm hoping the new racial changes address this, the flurry of attacks sounds like a lot of fun so I hope that's done well (although stat re-balancing should do wonders to depending on how they do it).

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Kirimase wrote: »
    Was it these?

121416631.jpg

Assuming the version of the gacha we get isn't different from the one KR got, then this isn't all the wings available in the gacha, just the special wing orbs that you can pull that give multiple wings. The orbs shown there are white wing orb, black wing orb, red wing orb, blue wing orb, yellow wing orb, new demon wing orb, new cupid wing orb, new butterfly wing orb, new twinkling wing orb, and new hummingbird wing orb. I can see red dominion wings listed so I'm assuming those will be released, and the new butterfly wing colors listed are grey, blue, scarlet, purple, and green.

But the real question, is this gacha just wings or is there stuff mixed in with it?
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Raistlan wrote: »

The real issue is that humans are good at everything with no drawback, and the other races have severe drawbacks for little gain. I wouldn't mind either leveling the races out, or adding perks to make the other races feel like they each have a nitch they excel in, I can't speak to giants as I don't play them. Elves would probably be happy just getting an int/dex hybrid skill that allows them to melee (duelist w/rapiers). Then I don't really care that we're even with humans in archery/mage since we will also be good in melee as well. I'm hoping the new racial changes address this, the flurry of attacks sounds like a lot of fun so I hope that's done well (although stat re-balancing should do wonders to depending on how they do it).

Honestly if you really want to be accurate giants are the top race with limited downsides.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Leinei wrote: »
    But the real question, is this gacha just wings or is there stuff mixed in with it?

I feel like I remember KR getting this gacha and I believe it was wings only for them. Whether it'll be the same for us or not, can't say :/

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    SirRyu wrote: »
    Honestly if you really want to be accurate giants are the top race with limited downsides.

Can you keep the race debate in the race debate thread? (I cut down the quote so it's not a big long box. This wasn't directed just to you Leinei, it was to everyone talking about it.)
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Xiokun wrote: »
    SirRyu wrote: »

Can you keep the race debate in the race debate thread? (I cut down the quote so it's not a big long box. This wasn't directed just to you Leinei, it was to everyone talking about it.)

It's not exactly off topic in a topic about the March update which main focus is the new skills which are different for each race.