Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Possible Extension to Winter Attendance?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited March 10, 2017 in General Chat
I was wondering if it might be possible to get an extension to the Winter Attendance Event. Three days might seem like a decent buffer, but around this time of year, there are a lot of students stuck having to worry about midterms and projects, so they might not be able to make it online for the required thirty days, ruining their chance to get the outfit due to such a narrow buffer. I've seen some previous attendance events have a buffer of five days or even as high as ten, so three seems a bit low...

Five Day Attendance Buffer:
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/75/00H9F/roll-call-roll-call
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/58/00Hru/veggietastic-summer-check-in-event

Ten Day Attendance Buffer:
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/19/00IvO/hot-may-days-and-attendance-check-event

I know it's asking for a lot, but if it's possible to extend it a couple of days, I'm sure a lot of players would appreciate it.
Raincloud95
  1. Could you use the extra days?109 votes
    1. Yes, please!
       74% (81 votes)
    2. I'm alright as it is.
       26% (28 votes)

Comments

• KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    especially with the people with jobs or go to college, who want to get everything but then they cant due to timing! a three day buffer does seem really low compared to the other events 3:
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    It's upsurd that they had 10, then 5, then now 3. Nothing was wrong with 10 or 5. I can log in every day and afk for 36 minutes but other people may have lives, may have to share a computer, etc etc, so at least 5 would make it up a little. 10 max is fine, but anything above that would be unfair to those who logged in every day without skipping.

I don't like when events and such tend to do this. :S
    badnewsbarrettNilremHiroki05RerisuImaizumiIyasenuSherriNekoLily
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I wish we could get an extension too :( I used up all three of my days already, I keep a reminder in my phone to get on every day but now I'm afraid of missing another one and not getting all the prizes :/ Even if it was just a two day extension or something.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am unsure how many days I missed...what item should we be on right now without skipping?
    [Deleted User]
  • KiirionKiirion
    @Gaea i would love to help but i just got the sms crystal today 3: maybe the double magic skill xp pot?
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am unsure how many days I missed...what item should we be on right now without skipping?

I think we are on the Credne Reforging Tool today.
  • KiirionKiirion
    oh man, i am really behind. i thought i was two days behind ; o ;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Korore wrote: »

I think we are on the Credne Reforging Tool today.

Yap, ok good, all is good. Thanks.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    I know my school life has been A LOT more difficult because I couldn't afford to skip a day on this attendance. :(
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Where's the option for "I don't need extra days, but I still support having a larger buffer"?

But yeah, only 3 days of leeway is kinda tight.
  • KiirionKiirion
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Where's the option for "I don't need extra days, but I still support having a larger buffer"?

But yeah, only 3 days of leeway is kinda tight.

probably yes please! im pretty salty because 3 extra days isnt really enough, especially for people with work and school ;3;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    They don't do extension anymore guys. They are on a tight schedule.
  • LeineiLeinei
    @Iyasenu Sorry! I didn't think to add that option when I made the thread and I can't edit it without deleting the poll and the results.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Vimi wrote: »
    I know my school life has been A LOT more difficult because I couldn't afford to skip a day on this attendance. :(

Sorry if this comes off as rude, but how do you not have enough time to spare the time it takes to log in? Granted I don't know your situation so...
    On a fairly tight schedule myself I just log in, go shower/make food come back and log out. It probably doesn't even take a full minute out of my day.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    edited March 11, 2017
    Venenatis wrote: »
    Vimi wrote: »

Sorry if this comes off as rude, but how do you not have enough time to spare the time it takes to log in? Granted I don't know your situation so...
    On a fairly tight schedule myself I just log in, go shower/make food come back and log out. It probably doesn't even take a full minute out of my day.

Step one: Open icon and wait a minute for warning message number one to come up.
    Step two: Agree to warning message and wait three minutes for login screen to become available.
    Step three: Find out the login server isn't available.
    Step four: Fight urge to throw computer out the window.
    Alternate step three: Wait two minutes to be able to select a character only to have the game crash before a Mabi day has passed.
    SylviaWolfeRaincloud95
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    With the unexpected maint and log-in difficulties I would hope they'd be sympathetic towards allowing an extension
    badnewsbarrettRaincloud95
  • KiirionKiirion
    like seriously 3: my launcher has been screwy and i missed three days because of that
    and because my laptop isnt the best it crashes every so often and i dont know if i got the item or not. like, my mom hasnt been going on lately because of college and trying to get stuff done but i mean,,, everyone has /some/ time to get on right?? //pardon the salt
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

I'm getting the 2nd fixed dye ampoule today, the one after the credne tool. I'm not entirely sure wether I missed a day or not though, so it might also be the upgrade stone
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    nevyn25 wrote: »

I'm getting the 2nd fixed dye ampoule today, the one after the credne tool. I'm not entirely sure wether I missed a day or not though, so it might also be the upgrade stone

I don't think you've missed a day, because I am also on the Fixed Dye Ampoule today. Unless we've both missed a day.. Haha
  • LeineiLeinei
    I am on Fixed Dye Ampoule today too. =D