Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Style slots for main and offhand

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Feedback and Suggestions
especially now with the binoculars that have their own idle pose it would be great to have this fashion item not lose durrability

also a paid way to reskin any weapon in the gear tab with something in style

just use the attack animations from the gear tab

Comments

• VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    edited March 10, 2017
    This is missing a lot to actually be a suggestion, and you might want to reword it or something. It hurts my brain to read.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    So you want:
    1.) Style slots for both hands so you don't have to lose dura but can still hold an item
    2.) Like paid style scrolls that you can personalize (ie: I put my cosmetic held item in and can the apply it to whatever weapon I want)? Or add skins to the e-shop that auto-apply to the corresponding weapon type (Tera and Runescape as well as many other games have a similar system)?

Some clarification might help folks in discussing/supporting your idea
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    So you want:
    1.) Style slots for both hands so you don't have to lose dura but can still hold an item
    2.) Like paid style scrolls that you can personalize (ie: I put my cosmetic held item in and can the apply it to whatever weapon I want)? Or add skins to the e-shop that auto-apply to the corresponding weapon type (Tera and Runescape as well as many other games have a similar system)?

Like say put a crappy sword in gear for a weapon and a really cool bow in the style your sword will then look like a bow because of style and use idle animations from style

But in combat will use attack animations from the sword
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    So you want:

Like say put a crappy sword in gear for a weapon and a really cool bow in the style your sword will then look like a bow because of style and use idle animations from style

I'm still not sure what exactly you mean by that. The style scrolls are basically reskinning the corresponding weapon to look different.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but are the binoculars the first item we've received that give an idle animation when equipped? Even so, the binoculars can still be used as a weapon, so it makes sense that they would lose durability when equipped.

• SplatulatedSplatulated
    edited March 10, 2017
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    So you want:

I'm still not sure what exactly you mean by that. The style scrolls are basically reskinning the corresponding weapon to look different.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but are the binoculars the first item we've received that give an idle animation when equipped? Even so, the binoculars can still be used as a weapon, so it makes sense that they would lose durability when equipped.

well i mean it would make more sense if say had a sword and bow and bow was in style and sword in gear that you should get the attack animations of the sword instead of the bow because how cheap would it be to be doing melee damage but at the range of a bow

+ using style would be better than trying RNG on the appearance scrolls for 2 reasons, no rng to it + you could still trade the items in theory after

another reason you cant appearance scroll a sword to look like a bow if style tab added main and offhand you could
  • SelzyrSelzyr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Cut the p2w crap on the gachapons and make them full on apperance scrolls and armor/clothing without stats so we can use with the style tab.

Make Mabinogi great again by making the best top gear crafting only.

Voila, game picks back up again if they don't do a major screw up.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    My eyes will bleed if i see a guy using bow, but when attacking, it will have sword animation instead. This sounds like a ridiculous nightmare to me.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Greta wrote: »
    My eyes will bleed if i see a guy using bow, but when attacking, it will have sword animation instead. This sounds like a ridiculous nightmare to me.

would you rather a bow do long range melee attacks instead ?
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Greta wrote: »

would you rather a bow do long range melee attacks instead ?
    Or how about we just keep weapons the way they are? Because I feel that that would feel like a hack or some kind of unfair thing when people decide on PVP. I like my bow and crossbows shooting arrows and bolts and my swords doing the slashy stabby stuff that it does.

GretaYokkaichi
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    just have it so you can only change the looks of a weapon group to a weapon of the same group ( Bows can be any bow crossbows can be any cross bow sword can be any sword so on so forth but one handed sword could not be a one handed mace for instance )