Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

KR mabi player first time playing American Mabi

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 9, 2017
    But she could...lol jk.

I created an account and attempted to navigate the site myself so I could email or message someone about stuff.

[Deleted User]
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Welcome to the US and Alexina. Guns are often popular too.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Welcome to our side of the world. I always assumed that playing American Mabi was like using Internet Explorer or having an AOL email compared to Korea.

We here also love sword melee...a lot.

i hate all melee

but thats just me... everyone else loves it and hates magic
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 10, 2017
    Welcome to our side of the world. I always assumed that playing American Mabi was like using Internet Explorer or having an AOL email compared to Korea.

We here also love sword melee...a lot.

i hate all melee

but thats just me... everyone else loves it and hates magic

I am mage myself. I do not have the strength to compete with humans or giants, but lightning rod is pretty nifty.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Hi, welcome to the NA forums. Recently, I've been seeing humans using Bash and Final Hit with Dual Swords, Dual Guns, Ninja, and mages using Fireball and Lightning Rod. Puppets for crisis mainly. Giants use Lance and Guard Cylinder or Two Handed Sword and Guard Cylinder. I've seen Elves using Magic and Archery.

My favorites are Dual Wield, Two-Handed Swords, Hammer, and Shield, and Lightning Magic.
    Lately I've been playing Archery on a new character and it's been fun but slow since Arrow Revolver is harder to get and Weaving takes forever lol.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Everyone and their dog has a pair of CRK swords and/or a ego fire wand. Meta transcends language.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited March 10, 2017
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Everyone and their dog has a pair of CRK swords and/or a ego fire wand. Meta transcends language.

I can quite safely say not everyone on Alexina is using one of those, although everyone in your social-circle might well be. I have nothing against the META people speak of, except when they begin making broad - often inaccurate - strokes about how everyone is doing something. Furthermore, most of the dual CRK-sword owners I know are generally too afraid to use them unless there's a 100%-repair event going on.

Also, not all players are human either.
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    Shaeli wrote: »

I can quite safely say not everyone on Alexina is using one of those, although everyone in your social-circle might well be. I have nothing against the META people speak of, except when they begin making broad - often inaccurate - strokes about how everyone is doing something. Furthermore, most of the dual CRK-sword owners I know are generally too afraid to use them unless there's a 100% repair event going on.

Also, not all players are human either.

The comment is facetious. I mean, dogs cannot use CRKs either. Everyone being a hyperbole for "a great deal of people".
  • RezziRezzi
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Welcome Debyoni to Mabinogi NA,
    Although i generally do not comment to forums, i do enjoy welcoming new people. also i am not sure about the weapon preference..i generally switch often depending on what i am doing.

P.S: my character resides in Server Ruairi but i do have a character in Alexina as well, so stop by anytime~.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    In terms with offensive and utility, I use ninja, fighter (Shyllien Knuckles with Lightning Rod), and Final Hit (2 Focused Rainbow Beam Swords).
    In terms with defensive, I use Shield of Trust (Recovering Touch), Windmill, and Party Healing (Mainly Girgashiy).
  • Eureka12Eureka12
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Hi! Welcome to NA Mabinogi. Glad to have you here. ^ ^

For me, I mainly use CRK for final hit and bash, and the guns for human. While my elf is a mage, I mainly use firebolt, intermediate magic, and adv magic. I use blaze if there's puppeteer around. As far as I know popular choice for battle, I'm not even sure lol. I've seen people use mostly everything.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Please tell everyone at KR to stop sending gatcha only items and investigate NA! Everything in NA is a mess!

b004b3d216f5eb8c62f8bae97806525d.gif

Lay off the OP. She is not responsible for any of this, nor does she have to relay problems directly to the devs on a foreign Mabinogi website.

G9tpYT8.gif

That was a derailing comment earlier. This thread is a self introduction, not a thread to ask for someone to voice your grievances. Jesus.
  • darkchaos125darkchaos125
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    edited March 10, 2017
    Mabinogi is my first MMORPG game, and its still the only MMO I ever play.

It was hellish being an elf at the start, but I would never start over from the beginning. I'm happy leading the life I've had in the world of Mabi so far.

My playstyle is different since I invested AP very poorly at the beginning as a beginner player.

I almost always main archery or long range in games, unless there's a different reason to use close combat. I'm most proficient with archery and I plan to keep mastering it outside of game skills in the Mabi game.

I find dual swords to be tricky but only because I lack close combat experience. For some weird reason when I play as my human alt, my performance in close combat shoots up, but as an elf, I can never fight like a real warrior like my human can, I think there's quite a bit of difference in damage. My low level human alt can easily finish off enemies faster and efficiently than my elf can.

That being said, I like being an elf so I have to accept that there are only things an elf can do, so I either go solo or be a supporter. Being able to work one or two party members who are also elf/archers is a treat for me, but I seldom find those chances, and its not easy to find people who know how to 'fight' well individually and as a team.

After mastering a handful of skills and one or two talents, I plan to 'retire' from training/fighting and just focus on getting my current lv up, I've no interest in grinding total level whatsoever.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855

That was a derailing comment earlier. This thread is a self introduction, not a thread to ask for someone to voice your grievances. Jesus.

No one from KR has visit us and when someone did they knew how bad the game was from the very beginning. We got to do something before mabinogi becomes like Pangya and shuts-down for NA.
  • Eureka12Eureka12
    Mabinogi Rep: 955

No one from KR has visit us and when someone did they knew how bad the game was from the very beginning. We got to do something before mabinogi becomes like Pangya and shuts-down for NA.

Except the fact nothing last forever. We could keep the game last longer, but it'll eventually die out just like the rest of the mmo games out there.

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145

Woah, someone mentioned Pangya. Didn't think anyone from there would play this game, to be honest.

Well I'm going a little off topic here, but the Pangya servers shut down because the Korean servers did, and we weren't getting very many updates. I saw it coming a long time ago, probably towards the beginning of 2016. When the Korean servers shut down, you know that the other servers won't stand much of a chance. Sad as it is, at least it can still live on in Japan, Thailand and private servers.

I don't think Mabi will go the same route as Pangya. This game still has a lot of players, even if they're mostly in one server, and updates and events happen pretty regularly. This game has its fair share of problems, but it's nothing like the problems Pangya had.

Now back to the main topic! Sorry for the derail.

The ends do not justify the means in this case, especially when there are so many other options. I suppose you could ask a Korean to translate and voice your grievances, although supposedly Nexon has essentially a translator for these things.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I think we scared this person away....
    Rukiya
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Arjune wrote: »
    I think we scared this person away....

Too strong of a welcome possibly? Too random? Too..something?
  • MazanakiMazanaki
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    edited March 11, 2017
    The most popular combat in the US server is basically the same as what you mentioned as popular in KR.

People here either dual wield Celtic Royal Knight Swords (R upgrade) and use bash and final hit and/or use a Tribolt S upgrade/Spirit Fire Wand and spam firebolt.

S upgrade staves (Celtic Guardian or Celtic Druid) are also very popular for using snap-cast fireball and lightning rod. Personally, I use it more than any other weapon.

Demonic Gloomy Sundays are also popular here as they provide an additional boost to battlefield overture.

Regarding mobs, many players use divine link and lullaby. Rain cast is used on occasion if it's needed.

Aside from Lord Caverns, I rarely ever see anyone use puppetry or judgement blade.

As for pets, players often use nimbus for healing, dragons that reduce enemy defenses (Bone and Mir Dragons) and scooters.

The most popular reforges and enchants are ones that improve damage, music buffs, mana shield efficiency, and final hit cd/time limit.