Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server choice for a new player

ShinrokuShinroku
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in General Chat
Hello there,

I'm new to this game. Not sure which server to choose. Which one would you advice? AFAIK Alexina and Mari are most populated, but which of them would suit best a new player like me?

What do I expect from server community - is that I should be able to find some party while exping my char from lvl 1 (at least sometimes), and some RP would be great also.

Please share your opinions.

1. Best server for new players?96 votes
    1. Alexina
       45% (43 votes)
    2. Mari
       38% (36 votes)
    3. Ruairi
       10% (10 votes)
    4. Tarlach
       7% (7 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Alexina has the highest population and the best player market. The most populated channels on Alexina are channels 1, 4, and 5 and maybe 6. I have heard Mari has a very friendly community but their player market is much smaller and the prices are way higher.
  • ShinrokuShinroku
    So Alexina it is. Thank you for clarification. I just made a right choice.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Moving this to General section. Good luck on your decision for a server and welcome to Mabinogi! :)
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    edited March 10, 2017
    *edit* Seems I was too late. Well enjoy your time in Alexina!
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Everyone tells people to pick Alexina because it has the most people. But if everyone picks Alexina then it will constantly be the biggest server and the other servers are left behind. </3 Mari's great guys.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Everyone tells people to pick Alexina because it has the most people. But if everyone picks Alexina then it will constantly be the biggest server and the other servers are left behind. </3 Mari's great guys.

My thoughts exactly, if I recall correctly the reason Alexina got so big in the first place was because it had a new tag on it for a long time.

The population has shrunk considerably in Mari, I don't even wanna think about Ruari or Tarlach.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    edited March 11, 2017

The suggestion's being made for the new player's benefit as opposed to the people already in emptier servers. With that in mind, it makes perfect sense. Plus, look at it this way; if we can skew the populations enough, maybe Nexon will finally give a server merge/transfer to people who want to move but don't want to start over. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    BlissfulkillNegumiko
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Welcome to Mabi!
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited March 11, 2017
    first, welcome to mabi, about the servers tarlach is dead, ruairi is full of -removed-, mari and alexina are fine but mari need more ppl and alexina have waaaay too many ppl.
  • ShinrokuShinroku
    Zerukan wrote: »
    *edit* Seems I was too late. Well enjoy your time in Alexina!

Thanks! :)
    Orkane wrote: »
    maybe Nexon will finally give a server merge

By the way, it looks like one server can accomodate all the current player base just fine, and there is no language/pvppve/etc server division in this game, they are technically all the same. So, why don't they (Nexon) just merge servers?

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Shinroku wrote: »

By the way, it looks like one server can accomodate all the current player base just fine, and there is no language/pvppve/etc server division in this game, they are technically all the same. So, why don't they (Nexon) just merge servers?

Here's the top few things that people (including myself) want and will have to wait a long time for;
    - Server Merge
    - Better Balancing (Race, Talent, Etc)
    - Bugs 'n Glitches
    - A buffalo wild wings food cart

I have no idea. There's loads of room in Iria and Uladh for everyone to fit, but I guess TOO much people well make people mad and people will steal kills much faster. Don't forget players who cannot handle large scales of characters on their PC, so that would mean there would be a lot more no no places as well for them to go. Or, maybe because Mabinogi KR didn't merge their servers so NA doesn't have a reason to either? (But the Japan server merged with another somem time ago I think and I think they did that on their own... IDK but don't take my word for that one.) :x
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 12, 2017

Here's the top few things that people (including myself) want and will have to wait a long time for;
    - Server Merge
    - Bugs 'n Glitches

I have no idea. There's loads of room in Iria and Uladh for everyone to fit, but I guess TOO much people well make people mad and people will steal kills much faster. Don't forget players who cannot handle large scales of characters on their PC, so that would mean there would be a lot more no no places as well for them to go. Or, maybe because Mabinogi KR didn't merge their servers so NA doesn't have a reason to either? (But the Japan server merged with another somem time ago I think and I think they did that on their own... IDK but don't take my word for that one.) :x

I kinda covered this in the Server Merge thread, but according to the poorly Google Translated KR mainpage, switching servers for just one character has a load of problems. The dressing room and everything in the bank doesn't carry over, just imagine all the QQ threads you'd see on NA if a server merge happened that way.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

- Server Merge
    - Bugs 'n Glitches

I kinda covered this in the Server Merge thread, but according to the poorly Google Translated KR mainpage, switching servers for just one character has a load of problems. The dressing room and everything in the bank doesn't carry over, just imagine all the QQ threads you'd see on NA if a server merge happened that way.

That's a character transfer though.
    Maybe it's different.
    Dressing room and bank couldn't carry over, maybe for concern over server economy.

Ya'know, JP mabi had a few server merges.

Their Ruairi and Triona servers, their Morrighan and Mari servers, and their Cichol and Tarlach servers, were merged with each other respectively.

Upon merges, duplicate names would have small suffixes added on, so like "Player" on Mari and "Player" on Morrighan became "Player_mari" and "Player_mori", and name changes/suffix removals were done a while later on a first-come-first-serve basis sort of deal.

At least according to Liesha Cichol's video.

I can't imagine it'd be much different were they to do such a thing over here.
    Nilrem
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    @Iyasenu It's probably going to end up the same way as a character transfer, most likely due to "Technology Restrictions" as the most common reason to procrastinate actually updating a game to prevent such issues.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I don't see why server transfers have to deny the switching of clothes. Oh, clothes are cheaper. Such horror.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 12, 2017
    I don't see why server transfers have to deny the switching of clothes. Oh, clothes are cheaper. Such horror.

It's just how KR coded the transfers and NA continues to use textbook excuses as to why they can't create an improvised code to fix the issue. In any case, you should probably pick the most populated server if you're pursuing an active community with active guilds constantly doing runs. For a newbie, Tarlach is probably a nightmare server with pay to win player shops. Although there are ways for newbies to make gold quickly on our server by selling holy water and high grade potions for lazy other players.