Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crow?

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
edited February 18, 2017 in Item/Premium Shop
I know with all the recent pets around, but I'm curious.
I like looking through the list of pets that were available before in-game and I noticed there used to be a crow pet.
I've searched the shop in-game and on the Mabinogi website but none seem to have crows available.
I was just wondering, when does anybody think they'll be back?
Kind of an odd pet to ask back after all the much more unique pets, but I like crows. They are my favorite bird. c:
Thank you!

Oh also, should of thought of this sooner, but idk if it's required for this section of the forums;

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Mari
SheenaSunbeamtheGreat

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I've seen the crow for sale a couple times in the past. I THINK it was on sale once during Halloween, or maybe it was a pet bundle? I just recommend to keep checking the site's main page for any announcement on pet sales because any pet could return at random. :)
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Maybe it's because I'm a veteran player who's had a crow pet for a while, but I could have sworn the Crow was always on the Cash Shop. Kind of odd for it to be a limited time sale item now, considering the low inventory space compared to the modern pet releases.
    SherriSunbeamtheGreat
  • ShoogShoog
    It used to be a permanent pet in the shop but was retired in 2013. http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/72/00HAD/spooks-n-shivers-blowout-sale In all the years I had been playing I never bought one. Then when I saw that notice about it going into retirement, I decided I had better grab one.
    Sherri
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Aww the crow looks adorable! Too bad it's retired because I'd love one... ;-;
    Sherri
  • SophrielSophriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    I love the crows but I wasn't able to get one.
    Sherri
  • SpiritikaSpiritika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    edited January 29, 2017
    My son has a crow that he's had for years (it was one of his first pets) and as a result it was a powerful pet "back in the day". Before AOE pets players used to use "average" pets in dungeons as well as using pet rotations on bosses or more difficult enemies. It was always fun to watch my son summon his tiny little crow to fight hard enemies in dungeons. :)

If the Crow was re-released, I would definitely buy one!
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Why they retire pets is beyond me. Loss of potential profit imo.
    SylviaWolfeSherriSunbeamtheGreatHelsa
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    There is so much easy money floating around through opportunities like this. I have no idea why they don't bring back some older or retired pets and take advantage of it. Have a flashback or blast from the past sale and bring back a bunch of old pets.
    Sherri
  • DyIanDyIan
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    Yeah, they do bring things back, but I have no idea when, per say, the crow would make a comeback. Halloween would be a good guess. I definitely understand where you are coming from though, they aren't necessarily that amazing of a pet, but I also love them. Nice and dark and pretty. Hey Sabina? Crow sale? <3 <3 <3 Show your goth side with us.
    SylviaWolfeSherriSunbeamtheGreat
  • SherriSherri
    Maybe if Doki Doki Island came back, they could add the Crow with a bit of other bird pets?
    I mean, I doubt it'll happen but it would be a nice addition with the other pets we got before.
    But then again, I have no idea when they'll consider bringing back Doki Doki Island, or even with the pet prizes again. :/

I'm honestly surprised so many people agreed with me though, the Crow is a lot more useless compared to the pet options of today. o:
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Bring the crow back! ♥♥♥♥
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited March 4, 2017
    Looked at it on the wiki.. who would not want one? (っ◕‿◕)っ♥
    RAV1.gif
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Unfortunately "retired" pets were previously stated by Sabina - when she was still here - as exempt from ever returning, unlike limited-time pets which - unless they're part of a cross-over - can potentially return at any point. This caused me to go to great-lengths in my search for a Bengal Cat owned by a player actually willing - and capable - of selling me the target-pet, although I did eventually win after much searching. At this point your best-hope is likely advertising and praying, but at least everyone will soon be getting a Pet Trade-Medal (so that might help).
  • SherriSherri
    Well, if this gets enough attention, there may be something in the future for the crow.
    If I were to buy one from somebody, they would definitely charge way too much money for it anyway. :/
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    It is just a crow anyway. It doesn't do anything special.
    GretaHelsa
  • SherriSherri
    Gaea wrote: »
    It is just a crow anyway. It doesn't do anything special.

So?
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085
    Crow is a cutie, I agree about putting a party up since tomorrow people get pet trading medals
    You may need to pay quite a bit though since some people might just think "Why would I trade unlock my pet crow when I could trade unlock a more popular pet?"

Good luck! I hope you find one if you go for that route
    Sherri
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    i dont care if the crow is a trashy useless pet, i still want a bird from back then 3: i had a bunch of old pets like the falcons and everything before my first account was deleted and all those pets hold memories, like the useless birds ; v ;
    give us the weak bird!!
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    I'm attempting to buy one but IDK if I'll be successful. I have like only 6 mil. :c
  • ShoogShoog
    I wouldn't think this pet would cost over 5m in game. D: Hopefully the person you found won't charge a lot. Good luck!
    Sherri