Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Medals

WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
in General Chat
So. We get a pet medal for the attendance event. What is everyone going to do with theirs?
  1. What will you do with your pet medal42 votes
    1. Use it and sell a pet
       21% (9 votes)
    2. Use it and gift a pet
       12% (5 votes)
    3. BURN IT IN A CAMPFIRE :D
       10% (4 votes)
    4. Toss it
       7% (3 votes)
    5. Store it away for possible later use
       45% (19 votes)
    6. My pet has been bad and I plan on trapping it for all eternity
       5% (2 votes)

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I want a new pet, not give mine away. T_T
    WolfandWolfKryoSherriImaizumi
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited March 13, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I want a new pet, not give mine away. T_T

True. I haven't seen any people sell any pets on my server (Ruairi), so possibly everyone is thinking the same XD

I wonder if the pet's level and age gets reset using the medals?

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I could maybe sell one of my 13 nimbus...
    WolfandWolf
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Watch the thing expire in like a month.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

Actually my friend got theirs and there's no expiration date.

• ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865

Oh, guess Nexon did good this time.
    Xiokun
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

There is a possibility they didn't put a timer in the description.

Rukiya
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited March 13, 2017
    I bought two Kokopo when they came out so my friend and I could have one so I gave her one. :)

P.S If anybody is on the Mari server, I'm looking to buy a pet Crow. ^_^
    My IGN is Mizuli. Thanks! <3
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Sherri wrote: »
    I bought two Kokopo when they came out so my friend and I could have one so I gave her one. :)

Aww matching pets! <3 That's really cool~ Also I hope you find that crow; I remember seeing your thread about wanting one.

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

There is a possibility they didn't put a timer in the description.

Wait...so it has a hidden timer, possibly??? Would they do that? =_=; I hope not.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Wait...so it has a hidden timer, possibly??? Would they do that? =_=; I hope not.

I seriously doubt that. I've only ever heard of one item having that issue, but there was never any evidence posted and it was a hearsay type of thing. I'm planning to store mine away with several others that I bought from the item shop to hoard away for a rainy day. :P
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Shoog wrote: »

I seriously doubt that. I've only ever heard of one item having that issue, but there was never any evidence posted and it was a hearsay type of thing. I'm planning to store mine away with several others that I bought from the item shop to hoard away for a rainy day. :P

Was it training seals or a rebirth potion? I think I had that problem with an event item too. You are right, it did happen only once.
  • ShoogShoog
    Was it training seals or a rebirth potion? I think I had that problem with an event item too. You are right, it did happen only once.

I want to say it was some type of event training seals, but I just can't remember, sorry. D:
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    Shoog wrote: »

I want to say it was some type of event training seals, but I just can't remember, sorry. D:

i think it was the rebirth pots where you had to get the three coupons. those didnt have a timer, but my mom did try using one and it wouldnt work :/ bc it had an invisible timer on it :// it be pretty trashy if the medals were timed bc like.. not everyone has a lot of pets they wanna trade off? i would like to have more pets but money doesnt exist in the real world and im pretty sure people will sell pets that are rlly common for like.... 400mil ovo

• ShoogShoog
    Kiirion wrote: »
    i think it was the rebirth pots where you had to get the three coupons. those didnt have a timer, but my mom did try using one and it wouldnt work :/ bc it had an invisible timer on it ://

Ah, for those I think the event stopped a day earlier than expected? The coupons could still be stacked to form a rebirth potion but the potion just could not be used at all once the event ended. I had several stacks of coupons that I was hoarding to use at a later time, hoping the potions would still work if I did that, but sadly nope. The potions themselves had a timer while the event was active though. Expiring stuff just sucks lol.
    WolfandWolf
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sherri wrote: »

Aww matching pets! <3 That's really cool~ Also I hope you find that crow; I remember seeing your thread about wanting one.

Thank you! :D I named mine Cocoapo. I originally named hers Flufferbutts until I gave it over to her. She named it Thermaldrill (Payday 2 reference)
    A giant bird named Thermaldrill xD
    WolfandWolf
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited March 15, 2017
    For anyone who is curious... the pet medal, as long as it is empty, can even go into another pet's incentory
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I stored mine on a pet. If it expires, then there's usually a timer and isn't storable on a pet in that case I think. Even if it expires, I doubt I'll use it any time soon if ever.
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    So just a quick question. Everyone keeps asking me to provide a pet medal for the pets I want to buy, but is the pet medal even tradable?
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited March 15, 2017
    no, it is not tradeable and the people trying to sell you the pet are idiots. be happy in the fact you are smarter than them