Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is playing instrument in homestead bugged?

LunarZeroLunarZero
Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
in Help
Seems like the best way to jump up in points for Playing Instrument is to grow crops in your homestead. However, I've spammed and cancelled hundreds of times now without a single very good result. If I let it autoplay, it's endless fails that don't grow it at all. Are there any stipulations to what can and can't grow?

Not a regular mandolin, not strawberries, can't have repeat playing instrument checked, doesn't work in snowy homestead, need higher music knowledge what? I really don't get it. I've gotten plenty of very good results before standing around, but the moment I'm trying to grow crops, the game doesn't give me a single good result ever.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It needs to play to the end I believe, and a high rank of musical knowledge is preferred, possible with decent ranked scrolls that aren't "too easy" at your ranks.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 14, 2017
    Are you using a music score scroll?

If your rank is 2 ranks or more higher than that of the scroll, even a perfect play will count as a failure. (i.e. rA Playing Instrument with a rC Score Scroll will always count as fails)

Also, the easiest way to rank up Playing Instrument is to whack things with your instrument and spam Music Buff skills.
    Both of which are super easy on the final boss of Math's Musical Dungeon, Jabchiel. The dungeon's a very easy puzzle dungeon, too.
    Especially you have the Tuan pet summoned (or are nearby someone else's in the same party.

But, regardless if crop growing isn't working, what are your ranks of Playing Instrument and Musical Knowledge?
    Other than really, really, really, bad "very good" luck, I can't think of any other problem it could be.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Playing is 6, Knowledge and Composing are rE (new character, different server), currently on the returned title grind. Do you NEED a similarly ranked score scroll to play to crops? I have also been spamming music buff skills that I have with friends in a party when I have them there (they like to be a PITA about it for no reason). I originally figured some quick 8 points (give or take) from the 8x I'm getting would be a lot better than .16, but considering I'm having this much of an issue with it...

I've also checked out the wiki and it mentions nothing about needing a specific rank, score scroll, knowledge, anything.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    LunarZero wrote: »
    Playing is 6, Knowledge and Composing are rE (new character, different server), currently on the returned title grind. Do you NEED a similarly ranked score scroll to play to crops? I have also been spamming music buff skills that I have with friends in a party when I have them there (they like to be a PITA about it for no reason). I originally figured some quick 8 points (give or take) from the 8x I'm getting would be a lot better than .16, but considering I'm having this much of an issue with it...

I've also checked out the wiki and it mentions nothing about needing a specific rank, score scroll, knowledge, anything.

On Playing Instrument's page
    "Music that are considered too easy to play or are bad results will not decrease the crop timer."

And on Musical Knowledge's page
    "The rank of Composed Score Scrolls is equal to the rank of Musical Knowledge."

So because your Knowledge is only rE, it's too low to ever get a good play on a scroll you've made yourself.
    So either try scroll-less Playing Instrument and just keep starting/cancelling/restarting until your character does the Inspiring performance animation, or get someone else to make a scroll with a difficulty of r7 or higher for you to use.

And don't worry about other players to buff, if you make your own party, you can just summon a pet and buff them.
    Though, actually affecting another player only matters when training the buff skills themselves, since Playing Instrument doesn't care.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    edited March 14, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    LunarZero wrote: »

On Playing Instrument's page
    "Music that are considered too easy to play or are bad results will not decrease the crop timer."

And on Musical Knowledge's page
    "The rank of Composed Score Scrolls is equal to the rank of Musical Knowledge."

So because your Knowledge is only rE, it's too low to ever get a good play on a scroll you've made yourself.
    So either try scroll-less Playing Instrument and just keep starting/cancelling/restarting until your character does the Inspiring performance animation, or get someone else to make a scroll with a difficulty of r7 or higher for you to use.

And don't worry about other players to buff, if you make your own party, you can just summon a pet and buff them.
    Though, actually affecting another player only matters when training the buff skills themselves, since Playing Instrument doesn't care.

I'm not using a score, I figured that was obvious. I'm aware how the ranks work, everything in my Mari's character tab is max rank, but back then I had no issue growing crops without a score.

Also, that's what I meant, buffing another player with music buff skills.

Edit: Found a random R6 score, can use it to buff plants.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Try getting some more ranks in Musical Knowledge.
    Aside from rB -> rA which needs you to do Fleta's Chore sidequest, it won't be annoying to get it up to rank 9 at least.

Other than having bad RNG, nothing you've said would make you be incapable of playing successfully.
    Can either keep trying as is, go rank Musical Knowledge a bit, or find someone with their Musical Knowledge ranked enough to make a short scroll you can spam to grow crops.
  • FOMOFOMO
    BUY Your Passports, Driver license,ID Cards,:(whatsapp....+1(518)7074008)etc
    follow this link
  • FOMOFOMO
  • FOMOFOMO

we are a team of professionals with many years of experience in produceing all types of documents.

contact us on whatsapp>>>>>>+1 (518)707-4008 all documents

we produce documents of all countries.
    we are an International traveling consultancy organization by
    name pro documents International involved in the processing of traveling
    documents and resident permits for those intending to live and work over
    seas from all over the world with different government bodies and refugee
    resettlement organizations.

We produce real database documents which we register all the client’s information in the supposed database system and everything will be genuine and the client will legally use the document without any problems. This real documents shall pass all airport scans and other data reading machines. When ever this real document is checked, all the client’s information will show up in the supposed database system and everything will be genuine. For Example, if you want us to produce you a US Passport, we shall register all your Biometric and Vital information in the US central database system under the government recognition. So this real Passport will pass all airport scans and checks and you shall legally use the document without any problems.fill free to contact us at any time on whatsapp....+1 518-707 4008 thanks.