Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bring back one of the most injoyable events

SgiathachSgiathach
Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
edited March 15, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I am talking about the Hunt for Treasure Chest Event... do you rember that event? No|? because the last time we got it was NINE years ago, this event was enjoyable because it required you to do something insted of just afking and getting things
In case you dont know the event i finally found the link for it
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Archives/26/003N7/events-for-g3s2
~Sgiathach from Alex
Shoog
  1. Did you like the Hunt for Treasure Chest Event23 votes
    1. Yes
       61% (14 votes)
    2. No
       4% (1 vote)
    3. I was not playing back in 2008
       35% (8 votes)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited March 14, 2017
    HECK YES PLEASE! I WANT THIS EVENT BACK! It was so much fun to me even though all you were doing is running all over Muyu Desert and Maiz Prairie with an l-rod. I mainly loved it for the tailoring patterns and blacksmith manuals.

I totally vote YES!
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    many many many old event items that need to brought to surface again
    this is one of those events
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Shoog wrote: »
    HECK YES PLEASE! I WANT THIS EVENT BACK! It was so much fun to me even though all you were doing is running all over Muyu Desert and Maiz Prairie with an l-rod. I mainly loved it for the tailoring patterns and blacksmith manuals.

I totally vote YES!
    your thinking the wrong event this event was the one were you killed monsters and got chests and keys and you would use the keys to open the chests

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sgiathach wrote: »

I totally vote YES!
    your thinking the wrong event this event was the one were you killed monsters and got chests and keys and you would use the keys to open the chests

Isn't this already in the game? You use an L-Rod to find the chests, beat monsters up, obtain a key and open the chest?
    Wait.. unless.. they actually made an event out of that and you could get rare stuff from the boxes?! O.O
    Did they really?! I'm sold.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Sherri wrote: »

I totally vote YES!

Isn't this already in the game? You use an L-Rod to find the chests, beat monsters up, obtain a key and open the chest?
    Wait.. unless.. they actually made an event out of that and you could get rare stuff from the boxes?! O.O
    Did they really?! I'm sold.
    lol no the event had nothing to do with l-rods at all it was dungons and sms that monsters droped chests and keys
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 15, 2017
    I thought you meant Iria Treasure Hunt event since that event happened last time around 2011... The one you mean (Treasure BOX event) was released first time in 2013. Later it was released 2014 and 2015 too. Last time this event happened it was November 2nd, 2016 ~ November 22nd, 2016. Not that long ago. Your 3rd option in that poll is confusing and useless. Since this Treasure Box event is being released every year for about 3 weeks (since 2013), then there's no need to ask for it anyway, because it will most likely return again.
  • ShoogShoog

SADNESS!! My hopes! My dreamsssss!!! D: I was assuming you meant the Iria Treasure Chest event since there wasn't a lot of detail given in the first post. ;~; Meep.

Like Greta stated, we've had the Treasure Box event a few times in the past and most recent was at the end of last year. It's a super fun event and I'd love to see it come back again soon.

Still gonna support!
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    edited March 15, 2017
    the event has not been back it was just called the Hunt for the Treasure Chest Event
    http://wiki.mabi.world/?curid=80254
    it was not the one were you got box fragments it was the one were as you killed Things they had a chance to drop three things a Normal Ordinary chest, a Key to the Ordinary chest and a special chest i cant rember what it was called but could only be opened with Keys from the cash shop..

the one your thinking of you hunt fragments to get a reward not Chests and keys
    Greta wrote: »

• SgiathachSgiathach
  • ShoogShoog
    Oh lord I never knew of this event. I started playing early 2009. Thank you for posting the link about it. If it involves the cash shop then people are gonna be a bit unhappy. Sounds like a fun thing to have back if it had revamped rewards and no cash shop involved though!
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    edited March 15, 2017
    Oh lord I never knew of this event. I started playing early 2009. Thank you for posting the link about it. If it involves the cash shop then people are gonna be a bit unhappy. Sounds like a fun thing to have back if it had revamped rewards and no cash shop involved though!

the cash shop keys just really had a higher chance to get rarer items then the normal chest but you could do it totally free i would of posted sooner... but it wasent in the past event history and took some time to hunt down XD
  • ShoogShoog
    Idk how you had the patience to find that old announcement page! xD I try to track those old things down myself at times but tend to give up after a while lol.

Well, I still support this! It's possible to get these old events back again (we finally got the maple leaf event again well over a year ago). Why not this one too! :)
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Idk how you had the patience to find that old announcement page! xD I try to track those old things down myself at times but tend to give up after a while lol.

Well, I still support this! It's possible to get these old events back again (we finally got the maple leaf event again well over a year ago). Why not this one too! :)

it was a nice event get a little something for not AFKing? that's a good way to support your game... one of mabis biggest problem is the support of afking...

• SetsurinSetsurin
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    edited March 19, 2017
    my best suggestion is to have an old event combo event. each old event could be held in a different location in the mabi world. events like the SAO event could be solely available around lake neagh or whatever the name is. the portion that was in dunby could be relocated to the lake, for instance. other non holiday events could be placed in various cities all over the world to reduce the chance of game crashing for players as opposed to if they were all available in one place. Dunby is a popular event spot, after all.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    edited March 19, 2017
    Setsurin wrote: »
    my best suggestion is to have an old event combo event. each old event could be held in a different location in the mabi world. events like the SAO event could be solely available around lake neagh or whatever the name is. the portion that was in dunby could be relocated to the lake, for instance. other non holiday events could be placed in various cities all over the world to reduce the chance of game crashing for players as opposed to if they were all available in one place. Dunby is a popular event spot, after all.
    People need to stop talking about the SAO event :/ it was trash... buggy and nothing worth the time you had to put in to do it the only thing people liked were the lame outfits or gashapon also your post really did not add anything to me saying that they should bring back an event that we haven't had in nine years... if your trying to say that they should have like a big event thing were there is a tun of events that will also naver happen the amount of stress it would put on the sever would kill it... Do not bleave me? look at the Hamlet event.... also considering that 8 out of 10 mabi events now a days are afk events it would not make people play the game anymore then they are now

GretaSherri
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 19, 2017
    Setsurin wrote: »
    People need to stop talking about the SAO event :/

Agree, it was worst crossover event. I barely even have something from it, if not counting those gacha outfits. It was pain to spam dungeons and afk fishing for days was a huge waste, because i didn't get that freaking Swimsuit box... All i got was Nishida and Lisbeth 2nd titles. Even Utawarerumono crossover was better with that Kokopo pet obtainable directly in shop, shuffle gacha that guaranteed outfit set or Kokopo chair, also that hot time event where you get title and male hair for logging in (people still complained that it was only Male item and it was untradable too, so greedy). FSN crossover was good too. At least i got some weapons, useful titles, hs items and ton of 8x8 bags lol. I don't know why people complained about that Crystal Defender mini-game in there, it wasn't THAT hard and i didn't encounter any major bugs.

Before and after SAO Event, Mabinogi was full of Kirito and Asuna named players, that was so annoying. While event was going, all i saw was players wearing Asuna, Lisbeth and Kirito outfits. That was so ridiculous... Didn't see something like that in other crossovers. That time, most new players used to say that they started to play Mabinogi only because it looks like SAO. Doesn't look like SAO to me AT ALL...

I agree that they make too much events in Dubarton, they should really stop doing that... Like seriously, why Chocolette is in Dunbarton if we need to do that event in Tara Castle? Why can't she be somewhere around Tara? Making Event NPC's mostly in Dunbarton just because people like to afk in there doesn't mean that it's a good place to make events in there... If people want to do event, they can go to any place asked.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I agree, the SAO event has to be one of the worst. I bet it made me lose hair.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    know what event i would like to see more then a SAO event? a .Hack// event... ah.... i can dream.... dang young kids and thinking SAO was a good Anime....
  • GretaGreta
    know what event i would like to see more then a SAO event? a .Hack// event... ah.... i can dream.... dang young kids and thinking SAO was a good Anime....

SAO looked good at first few episodes when i was watching, but more episodes came in the more it made me think that this anime is all about Kirito's harem lol. ALO and GGO was worst...

• SgiathachSgiathach
    edited March 19, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

SAO looked good at first few episodes when i was watching, but more episodes came in the more it made me think that this anime is all about Kirito's harem lol. ALO and GGO was worst...
    The Idea from SAO is prety much a copy and paste from .hack// lol take away the the Kititofag and add story