Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elves are FINALLY getting a perk/s?

bunny11bunny11
Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
in General Chat
Please for the love of god, fill me in? Do we have any information yet?

I seem to have missed the stream but the summary says "Elves will lock in for a volley of rapid attacks". Does this imply that the perks will be purely in terms of ranged attacks? Because there is a lot of glitches/lag with elf ranged attacks on our server. nonetheless, this is good news. Info?

Comments

• bunny11bunny11
    edited March 15, 2017
    Never mind... it's just a once a day skill...RIP
  • BizarrelmageBizarrelmage
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Once an in-game day*

Was confirmed by somebody but I can't recall where I read it. But yeah it's lasts 15mins+ (depending on TTL)
    ....this is from what I've read at least...
  • bunny11bunny11
    Once an in-game day*

Was confirmed by somebody but I can't recall where I read it. But yeah it's lasts 15mins+ (depending on TTL)
    ....this is from what I've read at least...

yeah. but after waiting a literal decade, I expected more. Whatever.

SherriSylviaWolfe
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    it is "ARCHERY" (for **** shake pls, i'm get tired of these archer specific buff, i mean why only archer?) racial skill
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Hazurah wrote: »
    it is "ARCHERY" (for **** shake pls, i'm get tired of these archer specific buff, i mean why only archer?) racial skill

I remember when I used to be an elf for a long time before staying as a giant. Archery was actually my favorite talent. Just the horrible price for missing drove me away, and the insane AP costs for ranged attack. Archery isn't perfect but I like archery more as a human because of arrow relvover. (Which I feel should have been ELF only, not human only.)
    Sherri
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Xiokun wrote: »

I remember when I used to be an elf for a long time before staying as a giant. Archery was actually my favorite talent. Just the horrible price for missing drove me away, and the insane AP costs for ranged attack. Archery isn't perfect but I like archery more as a human because of arrow relvover. (Which I feel should have been ELF only, not human only.)

that's also a reason why i barely touch my FS skill, despite being grandmaster archer (still rank 9 FS)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

I remember when I used to be an elf for a long time before staying as a giant. Archery was actually my favorite talent. Just the horrible price for missing drove me away, and the insane AP costs for ranged attack. Archery isn't perfect but I like archery more as a human because of arrow revolver. (Which I feel should have been ELF only, not human only.)

I really think that elf should be given AR as well. It doesn't make sense that it's human only. I would gladly share it with humans if elves got it, but elf only makes sense too. I mean, humans got FH for (swearing word) sake.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Humans will get Movement Speed boost. Now we definitely will be an unstoppable race that will rule the world of Erinn! MUHUHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!! *laughs hysterically*

2n7fh5i.gif
    AlmostNotsuperCrimsọnSylviaWolfeAstralBlueFeliceFilthyRedDevil
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    That is a very spot on GIF
    GretaSylviaWolfe
  • MierinMierin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Yeah I'd hardly call it a perk. The one case where it's even almost useful is magnum lockdown, but you're already gated more by server lag than aim speed.
    Daktaro
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Greta wrote: »
    Humans will get Movement Speed boost. Now we definitely will be an unstoppable race that will rule the world of Erinn! MUHUHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!! *laughs hysterically*

2n7fh5i.gif

Yep! Dat 5% movement speed buff will definitely make us unstoppable...oh wait..
    SherriHiroki05
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    magnum revolver isn't enough?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Found it. KR Dev Notes
    Google Translated, don't blame me for inaccuracy.
    e8dbe1c108574769a81c34bda264eefb.png
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Greta wrote: »

2n7fh5i.gif

Oh please. Not only are giants bigger than humans and have real muscles,
    We're in the middle of making a Buffalo Wild Wings right in vales made out of those black n yellow ostriches in Physis. >u>
    Hiroki05
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited March 15, 2017
    Fyi, human still won't be able to run as fast as elves
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

I disagree. I see AR as a humans ace-in-the-hole in archery, much like FH is for close combat. Giant Warriors/Elf Archers may outclass their human counterparts in general, but humans can pull these out and keep up.

Or at least that's how it used to be. The game has changed a ton, and the perks of being an elf archer aren't nearly is great as they initially were. They went from having the fastest loading skills to having average-slow loading skills (elf ranged attack loaded at .3 seconds and magnum at .5, while human ranged attack loaded at .8, and AR loaded at 1 second at rank 1 AND elves aimed while ranged attack was loading), if elf ranged attack is buggy. And we all know that FH is OP (yet still boring) right now, although Bash is better in terms of pure single target DPS.

Taking AR from humans would be dum (AR existed before elves). Giving it to elves wouldn't be too bad, but it's not an ideal solution either. Elves need their own thing, and I think they already have it in all of their existing advantages, but they need to be updated to match the new speed of the game. I think either giving elves increased initial aim% (like AR), or increased aim speed would be good, along with maybe getting rid of that delay between 99% and 100%, if only for elves.
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Fyi, human still won't be able to run as fast as elves

Isn't elf running speed 1.3x that of a human?
  • FearZelgadisFearZelgadis
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    edited March 15, 2017
    See the thing I don't understand is that elves are the strongest class in this game for end game. Mag spam, is the single highest dps skill in the game, and Crystal Deer + Archery allows you to solo Phantasm so much easier then it should (Elves are now SOLOING it in sub 25 mins now in KR). Sure I get it, it takes an insane amount of money, gear, and reforges to even get close to that. I also get for a lot of other situations that aren't end game, they can't quite do as much. But for everyone complaining that Elf Archery is weak or under powered, just haven't hit that power spike to understand just how strong it is.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    snip

Archery's relatively unreliable by design, and it's made worse by lag which many people cannot get around. It's hard to care how strong archery potentially is when it simply isn't working on the most basic level. With that said, I think the buff being given to it is a horrible way to try and fix a problem just like with final hit; simply throwing raw power at a mechanical problem isn't a great way to fix things.
    AlmostNotsuperSylviaWolfeDaktaroHazurahAstralBlueNilremSphyra21Crisis1kapapa
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited March 15, 2017
    solo phantasm/mag spam = strongest race

ok.

I did phantasm solo without any mag reforge and 200 ping, does that make elves strongest race? no.

What orkane said is also true.
  • yessireeyessiree
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Orkane wrote: »
    snip

Archery's relatively unreliable by design, and it's made worse by lag which many people cannot get around. It's hard to care how strong archery potentially is when it simply isn't working on the most basic level. With that said, I think the buff being given to it is a horrible way to try and fix a problem just like with final hit; simply throwing raw power at a mechanical problem isn't a great way to fix things.

Everything is "relatively unreliable" compared to something that's of a higher certainty. The fact that you can miss your shots at high aim % doesn't make archery less competitive than any other skillets in endgame. This is somewhat compensated with the update that allowed you to aim up to 100%, and then further remedied with this upcoming buff, to elves only, which increases the aim speed. And of course this doesn't even take into account the increased aim speed from reforges.

Everything is made worse by lag. If this lag isn't ping based (i.e. potato CPU), you really shouldn't factor this in.