Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wing and Wig Slot idea.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 19, 2017
    @DarkPixie99 Most players hate wigs just because they can't put on hats or ears on them. That's why they are so obsessed with getting overpriced beauty hair coupons and willing to sell millions for it. What a waste. Same goes with tails. Obsessed furries want them so badly they wasted their irl money to get a tail that had terrible rng too. Most people wasted their money to hold on their temporal tails so they bought some 90 day coupons. I saw many of them throw away like 500+ dollars and then ranting about how Tail Gatcha and Wishbone Event is terrible at the forums. Believe me, at that time you could just enter forums and read all that raging salt from like 10+ threads that people posted about same things and Dev's had to constantly merge them to avoid multi posting. Honestly, i think that it's players fault if they fall for this kind of gatcha gamble and then cry out loud about it. I wish our player base would just unite and stop buying these stupid beauty gatchas so they would consider making them permanently unlockable and also never make gachas with items that has time limit on them and you are forced to use coupons to keep it alive...
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    I only spent $20 on the tail gacha and beauty coupons just to have items to sell. I already did the math confirming the event to be impossible and permanent tail to be $400, plus half the coupons I did get I probably can't even make a profit off them because they ARE wigs to begin with and some of the faces were so cheap in design that they shouldn't even cost money. Honestly, Nexon acts like they never hear us speak at all. I don't believe I've even seen this crap being sold on the KR website at all. It's just beyond poor planning, it's poor concept and coding with a disconnect with the community and killing the fanbase. Seriously, your accountant surely never confirmed the math with marketing, so how can we expect Nexon to actually give us the same slots from the style tab or to even make wigs with hats a reality?
    Greta
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    All those times you wanted to wear a circlet/earrings but it was pointless because your hair hid them. Ugh I've always hated that. I'd love to see a wig slot plus and headgear (circlets, hats, masks, glasses, etc.) slot AND an earring slot. There are some really awesome looks one could come up with if we had that.

And technically you can wear a robe and wings and habe both be visible on your character. But the downside is that your wings have to be equipped in the Gear tab slot and the robe in the style tab slot. Durability is a precious thing and we don't want to risk a failed repair, ne?
    Foxiee
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    IGN: YangKoete
    Server; Alexina

Ok...We all know where this goes; Tail slot's been added for a while now (Which a gacha or something wouldn't be too bad to have again where the gacha actually GIVES tails)

But what about the following slots;
    Wig.
    Ears/Horns/Hat.

Instead of just "Headgear" or something like that. Imagine; Not ONLY could you wear a wig; You could wear a hat or something over it! Crowns with a hairstyle you like that's not one bought with Pon/free ones, wearing the Bell Fox stuff with hair that doesn't clip through it! (My own issue).

Keep it in the style tab if you want like the tail slot. You have the room.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 15, 2017
    KR already released an update similar to extending the style tab, however it's more of a pay to use the additional pages. Nexon NA has yet to release information about how this 'product' will be sold or function for the NA market. Pretty sure the additional wig/hat, accessory/face accessory tabs have been touched in other forums before. GD about KR's Update and Player Feedback For Weapon Slots, Animation Cards, Wig+Wing Slots Idea (I'll find more slots link later... the forum search is far too inaccurate.)
    Drognak
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    KR already released an update similar to extending the style tab, however it's more of a pay to use the additional pages. Nexon NA has yet to release information about how this 'product' will be sold or function for the NA market. Pretty sure the additional wig/hat, accessory/face accessory tabs have been touched in other forums before. GD about KR's Update and Player Feedback For Weapon Slots, Animation Cards, Wig+Wing Slots Idea (I'll find more slots link later... the forum search is far too inaccurate.)

I did try searching, saw nothing...so...
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    yeah i want to be able to wear a wig with glasses. I don't like the hair colors so I keep a wig on dyed to a color i like. They took away my miku hair color >:( salty that they put a seperate tail slot but not a slot for wigs and face gear
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    i want to wear a wig and glasses :(
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    edited March 18, 2017

I just looked at the KR page you're talking about, that's not more gear slots for fashion items thats more combat gear tabs. You can have up to three, e.g. ur wearing a heavy armour setup and want to quickly switch to an archery setup you can do so in one click, it doesnt allow you to wear wig and glasses at same time.

edit: rather, you CAN put a wig in one and glasses in another, and say you have nothing in style tab, only the combat tab ur currently selected will be visible. it won't fuse them
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I am not sure they actually care for this idea, otherwise they would have done so instead of making such wigs into hair coupons placed in gachas so we could use those hairs with hats. They opt for such an obvious and well suggest idea to make this game more of a cash grab. Why would they stop once they dipped their toe in the lake?

In any case, I support, though without a major overhaul, this idea is essentially dead.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

I just looked at the KR page you're talking about, that's not more gear slots for fashion items thats more combat gear tabs. You can have up to three, e.g. ur wearing a heavy armour setup and want to quickly switch to an archery setup you can do so in one click, it doesnt allow you to wear wig and glasses at same time.

edit: rather, you CAN put a wig in one and glasses in another, and say you have nothing in style tab, only the combat tab ur currently selected will be visible. it won't fuse them

Yeah, but did you miss the Wig+Wing Slot link? Topic's been covered.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I support this and I have been wanting a wig slot for a loooong time now in Mabi,,,
  • SetsurinSetsurin
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    personally, I think having a second armor equip set might be useful. I mean, what if you want to change your weapons from swords and heavy armor to a healing wand or staff? the buffs you have on your heavy armor set could conflict with what you're trying to do. admittedly, it wouldn't quite be fair for an instant armor changeover, so maybe a 1 or 2 second delay like you're taking your heavy armor off and your mage gear might be hidden underneath or something like that.

I do kinda agree with the fact that we should be able to equip glasses and wigs at the same time as well. i mean, it wouldn't be overly hard to have a face slot for glasses, eye patches, or other facial items. i mean, the fashionogi's could make some very interesting sets with a little more to work with. plus, it would make the game a little more personal and realistic, in my opinion.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I fully support this idea. there are quite a few nice wigs I want to wear however that means no ears. would be nice to equip both ears and a wig as the hairstyles that cover human ears is already very limited. also a option to make ears invisible so characters that wear ears would have more hair options for like 5 pon would greatly help. seeing human/elf ears and furry ears just doesn't look good.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    DO NOT support wings
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Pardon my crappy edit job on this, I did it in paint since my other edit software is lagging today..
    idea_zps1aqtxxih.png

I know there are people who like to use their robes and wings at the same time. The problem is, you have to put your robe in the Gear tab and wings in Style tab. This causes the item in gear tab to lose dura, even if you're not in battle. Wearing items in the gear tab causes them to lose durability.
    I was thinking maybe we can implement a few more slots in the style tab.
    Like, keep it the way it is, but add a slot for putting on glasses, hats, crowns and so on when you have a certain wig on (since not everyone has a wig with the item or they like to make their own style). And then a slot for wings. Yes, wings are considered robes, but why not make another slot for "robe" or "wings". This way we won't be losing durability on our items. I mean, not everyone wants or has a tail, yet there is a specific spot for it. (And nothing in the dressing room FOR tails, but that's not a topic for this post).
    My writing is probably hard to see, but the writing says.
    A - Accessory slots - Face: Glasses, crowns, etc. (Masks and so on).
    B - Wing slots (Or robe slot, whatever nexon decides to call it).
    C - Robes = Wings + robes??
    D - Gloves/Accessories - HANDS
    E - Head gear - helmets, wigs, hats, glasses, etc

I think this would benefit the fashinogi, and a few other people, because there are certain items we want to keep safe from losing durability. Certain items are also enchanted or reforged and the price on repairs goes up by 2, 10, or even 100% (Sometimes more). Not a lot of people have the gold for repairs, so I think this would be a good idea.
    I hope I made sense and covered as much ground to give the best information for this post.
    Any comments to better further the idea are greatly appreciated.

Thank you. (:
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Not to complain or anything, but such topics were already discussed in the following threads:
    Wing and wig slot idea - Foxiee http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/933/wing-and-wig-slot-idea/p1
    More Slots for Equips? - YangKoete http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2834/more-slots-for-equips
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Draech wrote: »
    Not to complain or anything, but such topics were already discussed in the following threads:
    Wing and wig slot idea - Foxiee http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/933/wing-and-wig-slot-idea/p1
    More Slots for Equips? - YangKoete http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2834/more-slots-for-equips

No, no, it's all good. Lol. I'm not a lurker of the forums, so my ideas have probably been stated before. But, thank you for letting me know.
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    i think ears should have like their own spot in style tab. it gets frustrating when you wanna cosplay something in game with in game outfits but cant wear a hat+ears at the same time with both showing on your head. recently noticed people talking about it a lot. i thought about it and i saw a cosplay i wanted to do too but... the ears+hat cant be worn at the same time it has me stumped. if tails get their own slot why not ears?! that or a creator program? something where people can submit outfits or other clothing items with a simulator and see which pass through to the mabinogi world. (also problem my posts have been saying not enough information. yet its all the information i can give due to disability.)
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Probably because they would clip through most of the hats in the game.
    GretaAmesenpai