Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Current level - Total level

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in General Chat
This is me just venting, but its extremely annoying that when you have to be a level to do something, say like level 30 for a quest, You can be level 60 in your total level and it not to a thing to the quest. It only goes by Current level and its just highly annoying. >:/ Seriously.. it would be nice if they changed that.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I haven't seen a lot of quests like that, only beginner. In any case, this was before daily rebirths were a thing, Reaching level 30 is pretty grueling for me on a new alt, but I guess you better get cracking. It is natural for lower level players to level up slowly, with harder content rewarding more experience. In any case, do not rebirth. Grind for exp.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh, geez...
    You just said you hate this sort of thing, but unfortunately there's gonna be something that does EXACTLY that coming later on.

The "sort of dungeon/shadow mission" thing that comes with the Memento update (a few updates away) requires you to be at least current level 70 to enter it.

And the update tomorrow will bring new skills that start out unusable at Novice rank, and don't rank up through training, but through current level (lv50 for rF Eweca Skill, and lv100 for the Ladeca skill), and that means rebirthing back to level 1 will lower the ranks back to Novice until you level back up.

So really unfortunately, it seems there are some things that are not just the case now, but are going to be the case later, too. :S
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Oh, geez...
    You just said you hate this sort of thing, but unfortunately there's gonna be something that does EXACTLY that coming later on.

The "sort of dungeon/shadow mission" thing that comes with the Memento update (a few updates away) requires you to be at least current level 70 to enter it.

And the update tomorrow will bring new skills that start out unusable at Novice rank, and don't rank up through training, but through current level (lv50 for rF Eweca Skill, and lv100 for the Ladeca skill), and that means rebirthing back to level 1 will lower the ranks back to Novice until you level back up.

So really unfortunately, it seems there are some things that are not just the case now, but are going to be the case later, too. :S

Well, leveling between 0 to 100 is suppose to be faster. I trust Nexon, in fact, I trust Nexon to overdo it so that an Elite Daily Shadow Wizard Would be instant level 90 with a Potent Finest Shadow Crystal.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Oh, geez...

So what happens if you're already level 100++? You start at higher ranks instead of novice? That's good for me coz I'm at level 100 something for months now..
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 16, 2017
    Oh, geez...

Well, leveling between 0 to 100 is suppose to be faster. I trust Nexon, in fact, I trust Nexon to overdo it so that an Elite Daily Shadow Wizard Would be instant level 90 with a Potent Finest Shadow Crystal.

0 to 100 isn't changing.
    That's still gonna be the same.

100 to 200 is, though.
    In a funny way, going from 99 -> 100 takes more exp than going from 100 -> 101.

For example, after tomorrow update, level 99 -> 100 takes the same old 765,900 exp.
    But 100 -> 101 will now take 249,000. That's way down from what it used to take (791,000)

The closer to 200 though, the less the exp has been lowered from what i used to be though.
    i.e. before 199 -> 200 used to be 6,972,000 exp, after it'll take 6,825,000 (~2.1% decrease)

Though overall, the exp to reach level 200 has been decreased by ~17%
    It'll still take the same exp to get from 1 -> 100, though.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Only reason i brought it up is because i made a new character on another server. The total level is 57 but you cant complete any of the "Level 20" or level 30 quests until your current level is that level.. .-.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    that's so weird.. you'd think it would go by cumulative one. if you reeeeally can't be bothered to level, wait til saturday 7pm PST and go sit in the tara banquet lol. that gets you 0-40 something i'm pretty sure.