Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Were those *REALLY* our GMs?

Comments

• SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Crisis1 wrote: »
    This is why we can't have nice things. I don't understand why they are getting bashed on for trying to do something new and exciting for the community. GM Saygo just started this game and he's trying his hardest to learn and improve this community. What you guys are doing is basically telling a new player that they suck because they can't solo a dragon. The steam is a privilege, NOT a right. If you don't like it then just don't watch it.
    I LOVE YOU @GMSaygo & @GMNkeona. Keep up the good work o.o-b
    plays song "Shake It Off".

I thought there were plenty of other streams before this one, and they mainly focus on the fashion side of things, I think?
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    i think you are missing the point but i corrected it for you o.o-b new-->nice
  • ashcatchemalashcatchemal
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Wow intense post you guys relax and enjoy Mabi Life no need to worry about the Stream .Once the new stuff come out go out there and explore it yourself.

IrisMabiSherriGreta
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I think you guys are all missing the real point of that stream.

They shove random, not-particularly-useful Mabinogi merchandise at us while dangling the important stuff right in front of our faces, and yet they refuse to discuss it...

People of the Mabinogi Community! It is time to rally together and demand the product that Nexon is truly capable of giving us - one which they basically owe us at this point! We should unite and demand that they offer us...

A GM NKeona bobblehead!

One of the fancy ones too. Whenever you bobble it, it should randomly call out the name of a pair of wings or say stuff like "Still waiting for the weapon to drop...", "Is that Mohawk Guy?", and "What new racial skills?".

Might as well make one for Saygo too. Potential quotes for his:
    "I'm still learning..."
    "Racial skills? What is a skill, exactly?"
    "How do I equip this?"
    "Come revive me."
    Nkeona
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    We have to remember that our new CM is new to Mabinogi, hosting the stream and showing off new content to us when he is himself new to the game is a tall order, and with plenty of people much more familiar with the game, the new CM's inexperience is much more apparent. Also, the purpose of the stream was not to act, but rather they really are uncomfortable as this is new territory. Instead of attacking Saygo for fumbling through the new content, we should be helping him learn more about the game. The honest truth as Saygo himself admits is that we the player base and the community know much more about the game than he does, even with insider knowledge to help fast track the learning process. You should, as part of your criticisms, include misinformation and corrections that you can identify, this will help them learn the game faster and foster a much better relationship for both parties.
    IrisMabi
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    It was.... very painful to watch GMs reading off a script without experiencing the content themselves, nor having any knowledge about it. I think the problem is having one 'replacement guy' doing the work of multiple CMS that aren't hired yet, with absolutely no knowledge of the games or even time to play the games to adapt to the community.
    SylviaWolfe
  • CquilesCquiles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    the point of content feature streams is to make the content look like it contributes to the game in such a way that makes the game enticing! exciting! fast paced! showcase how unique this mmo is! spend spend spend! keep the servers running with more upgrades! love the game! tell ur friends! (new players: WOW this stream! how come ive never heard of this mmo before?? this stream contributed to my wanting to download and explore the game)

i didnt get any of that, what is this game? something about wings? events sort of work? whats a skill? why are there monsters killing the presenters? is that normal?

Daktaro
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I've seen plenty of Youtubers show and explain new content better than in the stream. I certainly don't expect our new CM to know everything in depth, but I do expect for them to be prepared to explain what information they have promised to discuss in the stream outline. I thought their dynamic was pleasant and the prizes were perfectly fine. I just wanted an explanation and demonstration of the new content and it was very disappointing to watch them spend most of the stream lost and confused. Unprofessional overall which is my only issue with it.
    EllisyaDaktaro
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    It's not just from this stream but past ones that I say this:

When it comes to demonstrating events where combat is integral, it would be nice if the characters the CMs used on the test servers had some actual strength/equips to ably take these mooks down as they should, instead of cherry tapping/barehanding them futilely. As we've seen from the botched Recipe Runs, they lacked the TL requirement to even do it properly. Get some levels on them, heck carry a Beam Sword or two; it's no big deal.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Can we NOT chase away our new CM? We already lost Sabina over stupid bs. Don't make Saygo run away too.
    SutaruSherriGreta
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Gaea wrote: »
    Can we NOT chase away our new CM? We already lost Sabina over stupid bs. Don't make Saygo run away too.

Chase him away? Is it not endearing to have someone suggest that bobble heads be made in your image?
    SylviaWolfeIscaroitFweep
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310

I wouldn't say that the criticisms made so far are unreasonable. No one is attacking our new CM and the general feeling seems to be that we like him and his dynamic with the rest of the team. Most people understand and respect that as someone who's brand new to the game he's not going to have a deep understanding of it's workings and in the welcome thread many folks were offering to help and work with the CM to aid him in having a fun time learning the game. It's just a matter of expressing that the stream seemed awkward and unprofessional considering how much build-up and information we were promised by the preceding forum post. Maybe they'll learn from this past stream and improve on it for next time which would be lovely.
    AlmostNotsuperIscaroit
  • NkeonaNkeona
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,515
    Thank you guys for your feedback on the stream! ^-^

For those of you that thought I looked bored...I'm sorry that's just my face and my voice Q~Q , but I can tell you I was not bored! Saygo is working hard to learn the game.

I am sorry I have been quite busy, so I haven't been in-game to play mafia or run dungeons with you guys in awhile. I will stop by soon to get more feedback and suggestions to forward like I did last time and to hang out too.

There were a bit of few hiccups during the stream, but we will work to make sure that does not happen next time.
    SylviaWolfeIyasenuImaizumiSutaruGretaTheDumbOneSherriCrisis1XiokunNegumikoand 2 others.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    guys, don't feed the trolls, after reading the first post it's pretty obvious that the entire topic was made for trolling...
    GretaSherriCrisis1
  • IscaroitIscaroit
    Mabinogi Rep: 890

If this is enough to "chase away" a CM, they really shouldn't be pursuing a job path where they have to interact with any sort of community. The issue here is that if I went to CH1 Belvast and threw a stone, I'd hit twenty five people who know more about the game and are more qualified to show off new content than our CMs and GMs. That is a problem. Saygo may be new, and some mistakes are expected, of course. However, when one bungles up a content showcase as badly as that stream did, the least one could do is make sure the information gets passed on in a timely manner, as we saw post stream (Unless I am very much mistaken, in which case I apologize sincerely) there was no promised web post clearing up the vagueness of the racial skill showcase, or giving any new information. Not even anything as cop out-ish and easy to produce as a formal apology. I know the point of these streams is to ham fistidly shove Gachas down out throats without a shred of elegance, but at least give out the information that was promised.
    SylviaWolfeCquilesDaktaro
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 17, 2017
    OP looks really butthurt to me, sorry to say that. Saygo is new and Nkeona is trying her best too... I don't blame them if they were nervous while doing that stream. If you really wanted to know more about skills you could have just waited for maintenance and find it out yourself, geez.
    SutaruAerenSherriCrisis1
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    CM Saygo is new, and is what I understand to be a backup CM if one game does not have it. Sabina of 6 years recently moved to another job, and Saygo took her place. He admits he is new and learning about Mabinogi, so I think we should forgive him. He is attempting to learn about these games he has to look after, and I respect him for trying to do his job.

Nkeona is more questionable, but she apparently is on Ruari, and even then, I don't expect them to be involved with the design, especially with the lackluster translations in recent notes. Even so, she is reasonably well acquainted with the basic functions of combat, and especially her taste in clothes.
    I can confirm that Nkeona is a player from Ruairi.
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Iscaroit wrote: »

If this is enough to "chase away" a CM, they really shouldn't be pursuing a job path where they have to interact with any sort of community. The issue here is that if I went to CH1 Belvast and threw a stone, I'd hit twenty five people who know more about the game and are more qualified to show off new content than our CMs and GMs. That is a problem. Saygo may be new, and some mistakes are expected, of course. However, when one bungles up a content showcase as badly as that stream did, the least one could do is make sure the information gets passed on in a timely manner, as we saw post stream (Unless I am very much mistaken, in which case I apologize sincerely) there was no promised web post clearing up the vagueness of the racial skill showcase, or giving any new information. Not even anything as cop out-ish and easy to produce as a formal apology. I know the point of these streams is to ham fistidly shove Gachas down out throats without a shred of elegance, but at least give out the information that was promised.
    If you can make a better stream then by all means, make one and show us amateurs how it's done.
    "if there's no superhero in this world then you just have to go and become one".
    GretaSherri
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    All I ask is that, if they have the time to, that the GM's pop in during the twitch chat again like last time before the stream started. TBH with you I didn't care too much about any of the hiccups or lack of clarity in the stream because I knew everything would be coming pretty soon and I'd just find out myself if I was patience. To me I was just happy with the big group of people watching the stream and ESPECIALLY all the talking and stuff I got to do with my friend @Darvy and @Gaea and other people I was talking with. It felt like a big party in a massive living room. The buffalo chicken wings included. ;D

(I really need to lay off the chicken stuff don't I...)

But yeah. Maybe a better idea of what to talk about would be good, but other than that I just wanna have and see a good time. :^)
    Crisis1
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Iscaroit wrote: »
    I know the point of these streams is to ham fistidly shove Gachas down out throats without a shred of elegance, but at least give out the information that was promised.

That's a rather disheartening attitude to have. In addition to Saygo being quite new to Mabinogi, you have to remember that he and Nkeona are doing their respective jobs the day of the stream, and that neither are professional streamers or recording professionals at that. So part of the charm is that awkwardness afternoon energy death and raw emotion, versus putting together a trailer.

The point of the streams is not just to show content(whether that means updates, outfits, gacha, etc.), but to provide examples, information, and also share moments with the community in an engaging manner. I'm sorry that you feel that they're inadequate and just trying to squeeze money. Perhaps you're best off waiting for main site updates, which will more plainly state upcoming or freshly-released content.
    SutaruSherri