Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

NGS has detected a security threat?

CurikoCuriko
Mabinogi Rep: 900
edited March 16, 2017 in Technical Support
Your connection will be terminated as NGS has detected a security threat?
What?
First of all. What is NGS?
Second. What threat?

Help.

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    So, here I am, happy to try logging in to try the new update. I do the usual, log on to my old elf that still has attendance assigned to it, and wait.

Only to be hit with an NGS disconnection while sitting in the homestead.
    This is something I have never had happen before.

I do not mod. Only skype, steam, and firefox run in the background.
    On top of this, I see others coming on and off similar to me upon logging in a 2nd time before another NGS disconnect.

Is something up?
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I seem to be getting hit with it as well, been launching with the nexon launcher, not using any mods. Only skype and firefox up besides. Very annoying especially given the attendance event.
  • NilremNilrem
    Logged on a 3rd time to study more of this, and literally everyone I see, friends and guild list, are disconnecting from this.

This is not a small problem.
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Ok this is what made me quit mabi for a year before.... once again I'm getting this NGS thing that's kicking me every 3 minutes. This needs to be fixed please. Not sure if anyone else is getting it also.
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Lovely, oh well. I suppose I'll let em work on it and try later. Off to the hospital. Enjoy
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    As of the recent maintenance, my guildies and I are constantly being booted from the game because of NGS security threat, even though al we have open is chrome/discord, become launcher, and mabinogi. Any details on why this is happening?
  • WaffulwulfWaffulwulf
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    doing same thing with me. got kicked twice in less than 1 minute
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Removal of Direct Launch is causing all this to happen.
  • LittlerabbitLittlerabbit
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    Yeah, I'm getting that too, as well as my other guildies :<
  • NilremNilrem
    Other topics exist for this too, since it is by no means a small problem.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Fuu this, I have waited for the maintenance to be over just to check out the new update for a bit and getting the attendance item before going to bed. Fyi it's 1 am where I am now... Got disconnected thrice now, giving up. Great work as usual nexon, you never fail to fail.
  • RiwerRiwer
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    I'm also getting that. *I really hope they haven't broken mabi completely this time*
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    yeah i'm getting it to any help would be nice
  • RirichioRirichio
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Also getting this problem :/
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited March 16, 2017
    Ditto
    I almost think I'm done with this game 1st this terrible launcher being forced upon us, and now this BS.
    Honestly the only potential security threat I can see on my PC IS the nexon launcher as it launches a pile of processes for some reason.

Thank you Nexon for making a game I've played for 8-9 years unplayable.
  • GoddessFrostGoddessFrost
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    im having a problem after i log into mabi ever since this new update. So i'll log on and play for about 30seconds maybe a minute and then it logs me out and says ''you will be logged out as NGS has detected a security threat'' ???? im so confused, im using the nexon launcher am i doing something wrong or is something happening to my acc? is this a reoccuring problem for others .-. i dunno im just a lil freaked can anyone help me understand the situation
  • bevedawnbevedawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    me to !!!
  • YaranaikaYaranaika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    I'm having this issue too i literally just logged in not even a minute later i get the NGS error.
  • Mugenfan10Mugenfan10
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Same thing happened here too. Friend of mine had it happen to them as well.
  • RiwerRiwer
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    I've tried 10 times now and I've gotten that every single time. *I hope they haven't completely broken it this time*