Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Steam is now broken

Comments

• MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Hey guys, it's the first day of the transition to Nexon Launcher, Let's try to give it some time and hopefully the issues will be resolved soon!
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Can't play at all, was pretty excited for this update. I'm very frustrated and sad. Bought a stack of gacha for fun and it's hilarious after I opened them all I crashed. Bad timing.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Hey guys, it's the first day of the transition to Nexon Launcher, Let's try to give it some time and hopefully the issues will be resolved soon!

I've given Nexon far too much leniency; its a major problem if the game breaks for everyone.
    MirralChanbadnewsbarrettNilremShouKLiberateRaishiiMugenfan10Carlize[Deleted User]Sherriand 5 others.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I just wish if they knew Steam would break because of this (which if they said before it wouldn't I'm just hoping this is a mistake?), they would have told people because the announcement even said it was just direct launch ending, they never once mentioned Steam. It just would've been nice to have a heads-up if this was on purpose :/
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    They've been planning this Direct Launch shutdown for about 2 weeks and they STILL screw it up, and completely LIE through their teeth about Steam. I'm about fed up with this crap.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    There's one solution that will obviously fix all the issues relating to Direct Launch; RE-ENABLE IT.
    badnewsbarrettnevyn25SherriElfvieHazurah
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

if the launcher had been new I'd have agreed, but the launcher was implemented quite a while ago, so the issues should have been resolved long ago, especially when you force players to use it
    NilremRaishiiSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    There's one solution that will obviously fix all the issues relating to Direct Launch; RE-ENABLE IT.

Agreed... Especially when a lot of us begged them not to do this :/
    VenenatisSherriBakujio
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255

The nexon launcher has existed for a long time, this shouldn't be causing any problems.
    badnewsbarrett
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    They've been planning this Direct Launch shutdown for about 2 weeks and they STILL screw it up, and completely LIE through their teeth about Steam. I'm about fed up with this crap.
    Exactly.

Nexon could've built a test launcher for Steam to test what would happen upon disabling Direct Launch.

Clearly, they made no such effort.
  • LtshieldLtshield
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,105
    If it's not broken, don't fix it.
    badnewsbarrettCrossx2
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    I imagine all this is an effort to stop crap like Pake, but honestly all this NGS stuff and Direct Launch-disabling is just massive collateral damage. Knock it off, you're not helping.
    badnewsbarrett
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

yes please :3
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi is unique in many ways, and we can add how to launch it to that list. Obviously, Direct Launch was a feature meant to stay.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620

It was a nice attempt to keep things peaceful, I think we've become an angry mob at this point though xD

badnewsbarrettSherriCrossx2
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    My mabi on steam updated seems to be working now but it still sucks direct launch is gone though :(
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    I wiped my installation, will have to try to download it again.
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    I imagine all this is an effort to stop crap like Pake, but honestly all this NGS stuff and Direct Launch-disabling is just massive collateral damage. Knock it off, you're not helping.
    What is Pake?
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    The ship was launched, and it's already sinking in the harbor.
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Don't ask. Basically l33t ub3r haxo.