Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf buff for Strength and debuff for intelligence?

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in General Chat
Why

Elves have no use for strength

But intelligence is a must

Why does devcat hate magic?
MrzorbCrisis1LittlerabbitHCLWElfvieImaizumi

Comments

• AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Maybe the commnity's managed to confuse them. Those who asked for every race to be pretty much the same, sort of got what they wanted. Sort of.

Or maybe it's a typo. Who knows. If it isn't, elves have one less reason to complain - stats should be much more even for hyrbid talents.

...I like the idea of a skill or buff that increases with level (either current or total), but if they're not made with any clear function in mind (one that works well with the rest of the game), they're kinda just meaningless power-creep.
  • darkchaos125darkchaos125
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Why

Elves have no use for strength

But intelligence is a must

Why does devcat hate magic?

because elves = faeries = magic folk = true OP race but they don't want to adhere to the roots/truth.

Racial update is only showing how racist they are towards elves. It's essentially a second final shot skill, but u can 'run' and aim at the same time (which we can do without skills...) you can only do this once per day, to aim up to 100% while running and aiming. You'd think you can naturally do that as a grandmaster archer by now. You can hit targets with ninja/cylinder/gun/puppet (anything ranged that's not archery) while running and without any aiming.

Pretty much elves are broke because aiming and archery.

Also for people who are wondering why dev hates elves + magic?

This sorta thing started to wry me when they started showing 'druid' giants with magic staves in their art, and they were really pushing for the elf + archery only image in the "renovation"

It's official though. They don't see elves as the race for magic, they just want magic to be equally enjoyed by all races.

Considering how useful FH is for teleport + target nearest enemy instant hit as opposed to loading skill + wait time for aim, FH already makes a human faster than an elf wtth FS to get the job done.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    "Elves: Improved Strength and Will bonuses, reduced Dexterity and Intelligence bonuses"

ah seems these stats skill is just to cover what elf and giant weak at, basically, we got better stats and get more similar to each other race
    because elves = faeries = magic folk = true OP race but they don't want to adhere to the roots/truth.

This is why a lot of the community dislikes elves, you know. Every once in a while, some elves start saying crazy stuff like this, and then we all know that most people who choose to be elves are thinking it. =T
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    It better be a typo (switched with giants' buff)

Else this is just dumb af lol REDUCED DEX AND INT? WHAT?
    Kaga wrote: »

"INT is useless and STR is OP for hybrid talents come on give elves a buff"

I know this isn't the kind of buff you had in mind (probably not what anyone had in mind), but it's still funny to see you react that way when they try to fix the problem you keep ranting about.
  • KagaKaga

I know this isn't the kind of buff you had in mind (probably not what anyone had in mind), but it's still funny to see you react that way when they try to fix the problem you keep ranting about.

Uhhhhhhh I literally said make elves more OP in INT related stuff, not reduce their INT lmao
    edited March 16, 2017
    Uhhhhhhh I literally said make elves more OP in INT related stuff, not reduce their INT lmao
    I know this isn't the kind of buff you had in mind

I'm not saying you asked for this, but you asked for something similar, and they gave you this instead, and I find it amusing.

It's like that common situation in cartoons, where someone gets to make a wish or three, and their wishes are all misconstrued to make them miserable.

• KagaKaga
    I know this isn't the kind of buff you had in mind

I'm not saying you asked for this, but you asked for something similar, and they gave you this instead, and I find it amusing.

It's like that common situation in cartoons, where someone gets to make a wish or three, and their wishes are all misconstrued to make them miserable.

Pretty much I guess.

This is just weird to me, I mean obviously I still can uncap the hardcap for INT but still.. gg DevCat
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765

I feel like you hate elves ALOT. It's okay, we hate ourselves too. WTB>race change card
    KagaSherriSylviaWolfeNilrem
  • KagaKaga
    edited March 16, 2017
    Seems like giants will be better mages than elves now I think? lul

This is sad day for elves.

LF> race change

I rather be a race (giant) that can do the same as an elf mage and more.
    Crisis1SherriTheDumbOne
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited March 16, 2017
    its not a negative int modifier, idunno where that came from..its just less of a buff compared to strength and will..so no giants wont be stronger in magic compared to elves..on that same theory a level 190 elf would be just as strong as a giant.. :'D
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm not surprised.
  • KagaKaga
    edited March 16, 2017
    its not a negative int modifier, idunno where that came from..its just less of a buff compared to strength and will..so no giants wont be stronger in magic compared to elves..

We are talking about uncapping hard cap; who can get more INT/STR.

Giants have 200+ STR more than Elves
    Elves have 20+ more INT than giants.

P.S INT is the easiest stat to cap for all races I believe (maybe str too for giants)

Another thing, this is not how you "balance". Throwing the stats elves lack and giants lack won't balance ***

Giants and humans can use ALL magic skills like elves, but elves can't use all combat skills like the 2 other races.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 16, 2017
    not a typo
    i got 13 str and 10 will
    but got 6 int and 7 dex

there is no debuff, mind you!
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Do giants have a penalty to MP? because if so, that's a thing..
  • KagaKaga
    edited March 16, 2017

Elves lack HP
    Giants lack MP

Elves lack 200+ STR
    Giants lack 20+ INT

Giants can use all magic skills
    Elves can't use all combat skills

Giants get lil buffs (like 600% smash damage)
    Elves don't get insert curse for magic

kay.
    ElfyNilrem
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Elves lack HP
    Giants lack MP

Elves lack 200+ STR
    Giants lack 20+ INT

aight.

200 and 20 ratio

Justifies my depression more. c:
    Thx o/
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765

Elves lack HP
    Giants lack MP

Elves lack 200+ STR
    Giants lack 20+ INT

Giants can use all magic skills
    Elves can't use all combat skills

Giants get lil buffs (like 600% smash damage)
    Elves don't get insert curse for magic

kay.

it's okay @Kaga we're gonna get bonus str for all those melee attacks we're gonna do O.<*
    Kaga
  • ZephynZephyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 535
    So in the end, this update isn't worth it and I won't be coming back to Mabinogi any time soon.

Unless servers merge & they add new lands to explore and fight through that high levels can be a part of without one-sidedly wrecking everything then the game isn't worth playing anymore. Also, the meager reward for every 10 levels from level 50 isn't worth it and a maximum of 15 minutes for one real day(?) is definitely just a joke and not worth it. I considered coming back but overall this game's still dead to me.

I would rather go back to the days where Gachapons sucked and getting loot in dungeons with parties was worth the effort. Now it's just mediocre updates to game content and updates to gachapons to spend hard-earned cash.
    ElfyTheDumbOne