Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolatier Romance Event

NekoLilyNekoLily
Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
in General Chat
So, setting aside the log-in issues (there are already posts about it), here's a post for the new event.

It really is an interesting event, seeing you actually need to do the Kitchen Dungeon that was mostly done for the Generation quest and then tossed it aside.

For starters, which one is the REAL one here?
Completing the Quest Hate/Love 5 Times the announcement page says that you will receive "Baby or Strawberry Bon-bon Mini Gems" depending on quest choice, but in-game it has a different "name": True Power of Hate done 5 times give you a Baby Bon Bon FIGURE and the True Power of Love done 5 times give you a Strawberry Bon Bon FIGURE. In 5 days we'll have the answer! Which one you hope it is?
Rudekaiser
  1. Do you like this new event?55 votes
    1. Yes!
       31% (17 votes)
    2. No!
       18% (10 votes)
    3. I expected something more
       29% (16 votes)
    4. I wanted something else
       15% (8 votes)
    5. Other
       7% (4 votes)

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Yeah they're mini gems, they showed them in th Livestream. I really want the tiny ones though, they're super cute. I've never done kitchen dungeon before so this event will be my first time running it o:
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 16, 2017
    GOD
    this kitchen dungeon is very nice for training

the mob is not aggressive, how should i say it...
    Brown fox aggressiveness? white spider at graveyard?
    (not good for mana shield, shield, armor training, etc)

now about the exp fruit, it is once a day or every time i finish the quest?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sounds pretty fun. Hopefully people with low ranked cooking can do this event fairly easy as well. I haven't seen the mini gems but I'll probably go with HATRED. :D
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I hate doing kitchen dungeon. So I'm not exactly too happy about it. At least there's no rats...
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Hazurah wrote: »
    GOD

Announcement says every time but can you do these quests more than once a day?
    Sakura2503
  • HazurahHazurah
    edited March 16, 2017
    GOD

you know... 70% text in the announcement page is poorly translated (grammar is fine)

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 16, 2017
    I assume Baby ones will be little and Strawberry ones will be bigger ones.
  • HazurahHazurah
    edited March 16, 2017
    GOD

you know... 70% text in the announcement page is poorly translated (grammar is fine)

TESTED, only got once today
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    NekoLily wrote: »
    For starters, which one is the REAL one here?
    Completing the Quest Hate/Love 5 Times the announcement page says that you will receive "Baby or Strawberry Bon-bon Mini Gems" depending on quest choice, but in-game it has a different "name": True Power of Hate done 5 times give you a Baby Bon Bon FIGURE and the True Power of Love done 5 times give you a Strawberry Bon Bon FIGURE. In 5 days we'll have the answer! Which one you hope it is?

The Kupa Mini Gems are called Figures, that was that way with the original kupa gems as well.

iJRQ5nv.png

pStfAUq.png
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    D: I can't even beat the kitchen thing...whats the secret to it?
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    D: I can't even beat the kitchen thing...whats the secret to it?

i was in the stream, and apparently you have to attack uhh.. a fork? spoon? thing? and its suppose to drop a knife so its easier to attack the other monsters ;v;
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    o-O i never got a knife
  • MinniemoonMinniemoon
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Seriously what. the. heck. is up with this kitchen thing? I get that you have to kill the fondue stick things to get a fondue stick to kill the rest, and I get that you have to kill a certain amount of each ingredient... but it's not counting all the ingredients I'm killing?? Like MAYBE half of them?? So confused/frustrated. :P Anybody else having that issue?
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Make sure the ingredients die inside of the red area and not outside
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited March 16, 2017
    [ Tip that I did not know until today ]

If you don't want to splash other mob/ingredients, simply just hold a stick and use a bolt magic which actually works. (First hit is 1 then it works same as melee attack). Not sure whether this method works same for regular cooking dungeon though.
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    ok so it drops a fondue stick! from the fondue boopers. i got three but like.. even with the stick im barely doing decent damage? my pets are doing more dmg than me. and same? ive been killing them and its only showing like 4/4/3/2/1 and its like? i killed more than 4 of those? more than 2 of that one?? what do
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    With the fondue stick equipped, hit twice and spam bash in the direction of the center of the pan; that's how I do it.
    You also got to be close to the target number of ingredients and not exactly; I got 100 points with around 5 missing ingredients.
    Hitting the 6 minute mark and hitting the target ingredients quantity perfectly gave me an "overcooked" result with a score of 97 points.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited March 16, 2017
    Kiirion wrote: »
    ok so it drops a fondue stick! from the fondue boopers. i got three but like.. even with the stick im barely doing decent damage? my pets are doing more dmg than me. and same? ive been killing them and its only showing like 4/4/3/2/1 and its like? i killed more than 4 of those? more than 2 of that one?? what do
    First few hits with Stick still do 1~2 digit ish.
    When you hit them more than 3 times, you will see significant damages. Try 2 Hit + Smash, it will be better but watch out for splash attack when you just need few more finishes for the goal.

• HazurahHazurah
    edited March 16, 2017
    The weapon drop from, what is it? something that familiar with flying sword and flying kitchen tool!

that have the same function as dropped cooking knife, ONLY used to reduce (the announcement said to damage, but oh well...) the def and prot of the mob. It does not have enough firepower to kill
  • ValentinaValentina
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    I don't understand the beat 5 min with a fork part of the quest!!!!! I had the right number of ingredients and 3 min last and I only have 55 pts:( I failed the quest and don't know why...