Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Flowers for Homesteads

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited March 6, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Running along the lines of the Poinsetta Seeds (that I guess only grow around Christmas time) I would like to see more flower seeds for Homestead field plots. It's just a thought for decoration (and potentially kon gathering). I think some would like having flowers in those plots.

Another type I would like to see if the flower patches like the ones you see in Emain Macha near the Western Moon Gate. I'm surprised that they've yet to make an appearance since so many other flowers have (as have patches of grass). Also while I like the white flowers, I would like to see them color selectable. They could be created by collecting flower bundles from those patches of flowers as materials, which can be done by gathering from the patches with a weeding hoe.

Thoughts?

Leinei of Ruairi

Comments

• KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited March 6, 2017
    Yes! This would be great to have!

I also wouldn't mind just a few more flower types that are similar to the ones we currently have (speedwell etc).
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Support.

though I have 6 fields of Poinsetta :D
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 7, 2017
    @BerrySwirl Do poinsetta actually grow outside of the holiday season in Mabi? I've never tried it.

Also, I could see pansies being a possibility since they're present in the wooden table homestead item. Or the kind of flowers that are in the flower pots (which to me look like hydrangeas).
  • RaynicRaynic
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Since my hs is maxed out I keep the poinsettias planted in my fields all year round. They make for a pretty addition to the scenery. More choices of flower seed types would be nice and I would think a relatively easy design option. Maybe Daisies? Roses? Tulips? Daffodils?

I would also love to see more production options such as blueberry bushes, potato patches, corn, fruit trees or others that produce usable cooking materials. I think it would be great to make these kinds of options be earned through a level 15 quest-giving homestead pet. It could work similar to the homestead baby dragon quests. If the rewards were random special hs items, it could be a fun challenge for those of us not able to level the hs any more. As for the pet... maybe a farm dog type? or pet goat? or pet parrot? Something that makes sense to be hanging around the house. :)

Just some thoughts.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    I think I had this on the old forums in form of an event that required planting seeds and utilizing the gardening skill on soil plots in the homestead... probably should have reposted it. Probably even had a reply with a title relating to spring and cherry blossom effect.
  • ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    I have often thought that the color selection available for homestead flowers was rather limited.
    Yellow daffodils, blue speedwells, and purple chrysanthemums are nice, but I wouldn't mind seeing red, white,
    pink, or even orange options added. Daisies (Chrysanthemum model?) have already been mentioned for white,
    but Gladioli or Lilies would work, too. Day Lilies, Coreopsis, or Poppies would be good for gold or orange,
    Petunias (Morning Glory model?) or Carnations (Hydrangea model?) for pink, and tulips or roses (as mentioned above)
    would be good for red.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Now this is a necro.