Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Were those *REALLY* our GMs?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 17, 2017
    Iscaroit wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Can we NOT chase away our new CM? We already lost Sabina over stupid bs. Don't make Saygo run away too.

If this is enough to "chase away" a CM, they really shouldn't be pursuing a job path where they have to interact with any sort of community. The issue here is that if I went to CH1 Belvast and threw a stone, I'd hit twenty five people who know more about the game and are more qualified to show off new content than our CMs and GMs. That is a problem. Saygo may be new, and some mistakes are expected, of course. However, when one bungles up a content showcase as badly as that stream did, the least one could do is make sure the information gets passed on in a timely manner, as we saw post stream (Unless I am very much mistaken, in which case I apologize sincerely) there was no promised web post clearing up the vagueness of the racial skill showcase, or giving any new information. Not even anything as cop out-ish and easy to produce as a formal apology. I know the point of these streams is to ham fistidly shove Gachas down out throats without a shred of elegance, but at least give out the information that was promised.

I am not even sure game experience is the real problem, but a symptom of not preparing. Which if you ask me, is a skill everyone should have a lot of jobs ask for, including those where you work on a team and present information in real time.

I think the problem is, anyone given a couple of hours should be able to do so, and there is no reason for this, especially asking for characters who are leveled enough to actually USE the racial skills, as well as get the knife to drop. This should have been known beforehand, considering the thread notice being days before.

You do appear to be radically cynical about this. I thought previous streams, such as Cookie Island, were decent enough. Gacha drops took enough time but not too much.
    SylviaWolfe
  • RyuseiiRyuseii
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    Can we NOT chase away our new CM? We already lost Sabina over stupid bs. Don't make Saygo run away too.

If this is enough to "chase away" a CM, they really shouldn't be pursuing a job path where they have to interact with any sort of community. The issue here is that if I went to CH1 Belvast and threw a stone, I'd hit twenty five people who know more about the game and are more qualified to show off new content than our CMs and GMs. That is a problem. Saygo may be new, and some mistakes are expected, of course. However, when one bungles up a content showcase as badly as that stream did, the least one could do is make sure the information gets passed on in a timely manner, as we saw post stream (Unless I am very much mistaken, in which case I apologize sincerely) there was no promised web post clearing up the vagueness of the racial skill showcase, or giving any new information. Not even anything as cop out-ish and easy to produce as a formal apology. I know the point of these streams is to ham fistidly shove Gachas down out throats without a shred of elegance, but at least give out the information that was promised.

I could throw the same rock and hit 50 people that were thankful for what they got. If you aren't pleased, learn korean
    GretaCaininSherri
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Sabina was offered a new job. The Soluna incident had nothing to do with her termination.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660

Sabina was offered a new job. The Soluna incident had nothing to do with her termination.

Well, that and I don't know anyone who'd stay in a work environment where players are either salty towards you, or you receive threats.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

Well, that and I don't know anyone who'd stay in a work environment where players are either salty towards you, or you receive threats.

You forgot the kind that obsessively and indiscriminately shoves affection at you, despite not really knowing you and generally regardless of what you do or don't do.

Then again, maybe this group (and the mildly salty group) should just be expected as part of the job.
  • LovePandaLovePanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
    Aquasol wrote: »
    I know the point of these streams is to ham fistidly shove Gachas down out throats without a shred of elegance, but at least give out the information that was promised.

That's a rather disheartening attitude to have. In addition to Saygo being quite new to Mabinogi, you have to remember that he and Nkeona are doing their respective jobs the day of the stream, and that neither are professional streamers or recording professionals at that. So part of the charm is that awkwardness afternoon energy death and raw emotion, versus putting together a trailer.

The point of the streams is not just to show content(whether that means updates, outfits, gacha, etc.), but to provide examples, information, and also share moments with the community in an engaging manner. I'm sorry that you feel that they're inadequate and just trying to squeeze money. Perhaps you're best off waiting for main site updates, which will more plainly state upcoming or freshly-released content.

Aqusol (SP?) is right. They were engaging the community where it seems you OP wanted a bot. You have to keep in mind Yes Saygo new CM but NKeona always had Sabina... whom did most of the talking. Nkeona always came off as shy when I saw those two live streaming... now with Saygo being new to it Nkeona had to step it up.. I think she did a great job of doing so and both did a great job of being charming and interacting for the community LIVE and with what little information that devcat usually gives their employees. You obviously aren't a people person and just want things done a certain way.. they can't give out info they haven't been given themselves or explain in detail how something they are experiencing right there for themselves is supposed to be ... LIVE stream of hands on updates is never going to be perfect or give you all the detailsuntil they've had a chance to figure it out and obtain more info. A HUGE round of applause go to both Nkeona and Saygo I think they were lovely and in fact I was going to comment on the thread about who should be taking Sabina's place but I saw this and popped in here instead. How about this OP... you go take their jobs and do live stream with little to no info and see how well it works out for you :) deal?
    SherriGreta

True, but honestly, who'd want to work at Nexon for the rest of their life?
    SylviaWolfe
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator

They have free soda.
    SylviaWolfe
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    @LovePanda
    When they post on both the forums and social media that they "will be going over" the features of the new event, it's reasonable to expect them to be able to explain said features. Human error happens, and expecting perfection is unreasonable, I believe OP is just expressing (albeit maybe a bit harshly) a desire for a bit more professionalism as official streams and interactions do represent the company and game. No need to make personal assumptions of OP. But it's cool that they addressed it in this thread and I look forward to seeing them more comfortable in the next stream.
    AlmostNotsuper

They have free soda.

Must be a lot of left over cans. Sounds like it must be...soda pressing (so depressing).
    SylviaWolfeSherri
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

They have free soda.

Must be a lot of left over cans. Sounds like it must be...soda pressing (so depressing).

Dunby-that way. I'm sure it's a Fanta-sy to be there. :^)
    SylviaWolfe
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Xiokun wrote: »

They have free soda.

Dunby-that way. I'm sure it's a Fanta-sy to be there. :^)
    These puns...
    y58zbSm.gif
    SylviaWolfeSherriRadiant DawnCrisis1
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited March 18, 2017
    LovePanda wrote: »
    I know the point of these streams is to ham fistidly shove Gachas down out throats without a shred of elegance, but at least give out the information that was promised.

That's a rather disheartening attitude to have. In addition to Saygo being quite new to Mabinogi, you have to remember that he and Nkeona are doing their respective jobs the day of the stream, and that neither are professional streamers or recording professionals at that. So part of the charm is that awkwardness afternoon energy death and raw emotion, versus putting together a trailer.

The point of the streams is not just to show content(whether that means updates, outfits, gacha, etc.), but to provide examples, information, and also share moments with the community in an engaging manner. I'm sorry that you feel that they're inadequate and just trying to squeeze money. Perhaps you're best off waiting for main site updates, which will more plainly state upcoming or freshly-released content.

Aqusol (SP?) is right. They were engaging the community where it seems you OP wanted a bot. You have to keep in mind Yes Saygo new CM but NKeona always had Sabina... whom did most of the talking. Nkeona always came off as shy when I saw those two live streaming... now with Saygo being new to it Nkeona had to step it up.. I think she did a great job of doing so and both did a great job of being charming and interacting for the community LIVE and with what little information that devcat usually gives their employees. You obviously aren't a people person and just want things done a certain way.. they can't give out info they haven't been given themselves or explain in detail how something they are experiencing right there for themselves is supposed to be ... LIVE stream of hands on updates is never going to be perfect or give you all the detailsuntil they've had a chance to figure it out and obtain more info. A HUGE round of applause go to both Nkeona and Saygo I think they were lovely and in fact I was going to comment on the thread about who should be taking Sabina's place but I saw this and popped in here instead. How about this OP... you go take their jobs and do live stream with little to no info and see how well it works out for you :) deal?

If I wanted to write a giant reply to this thread, this is what it would contain. (^_^)/
    I'm lazy, but basically what lots of others said and this; One awkward live stream doesn't define them. It's nothing to get a wedgie over.
    I wasn't watching the live stream but that doesn't really matter. :/
    Berryswirl
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited March 20, 2017
    ....claps I agree 100% with @Sherri 's reposting :D
    xDestructionSherri
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited March 21, 2017
    -snip edit ! -
    Besides, if people want this game to be seen by the world, let's get off our butts and promote the game.

`` Something-for-nothing `` doesn't work in the real world. Want something useful to happen? Put in the work hours, playerbase.

giphy.gif