Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Fix the Tara bank PTJ

GodisalexisGodisalexis
Mabinogi Rep: 940
in Feedback and Suggestions
Is there more that needs to be said?
I really need a falias fragment, and the only way without wasting money or time bandit hunting, is the Tara Bank PTJ. but here's the thing, I have been trying this part time job, coming up on 8 hours now in total.. and EVERY SINGLE PERSON IT GAVE ME TO DELIVER TO WAS AFK.
There really needs to be an Auto kick feature to kick those people who stay afk, you have a shop up? who cares, put up a shop during a time you will be home like the rest of us. You have work? Log off before you leave for work like I do.
either that, or put in a feature that will automatically remove your name from the Tara Bank PTJ if you stand still for like 45 minutes, but then again, no one cares about this damn PTJ and i'm probably just wasting my time writing this. God this sucks.
Sherri

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Maybe the bank PTJ needs to be delivering a package, gathering tax, or giving interest payments to specific NPCs around Errin. It's mostly only used for building a Ladeca homestead decoration, so removing the requirement to deliver a package to inactive players wouldn't harm the game balance at all. Or, it could track players actively taking Part Time jobs from NPCs and judge player activity that way.
    SherriAlmostNotsuperMeyKryoAndrewGRLenkyunFweep
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    It sucks to get AFK people, but AFK people shouldn't be punished. I do agree the PTJ needs to be improved. And I believe back on the old forums someone suggested the same thing you did: to have the game detect activity from the player, and if for a certain amount of time they are inactive, their names will be removed from the list of players the package can be delivered to.
    BlissfulkillKryoFweep
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I agree, something needs to be done about this. I've been trying as well and every single person I have gotten was afk. I think there should be a feature that kicks them off the list of eligible people for the PTJ. The NPC idea is pretty good too.
    Kryo
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    i have done the bank PTJ 5 times in a row and never had someone afk... secret to success.... dont do it on ch1 do it on 4 or 5
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sgiathach wrote: »
    i have done the bank PTJ 5 times in a row and never had someone afk... secret to success.... dont do it on ch1 do it on 4 or 5

I tried to do that once in less populated channels and i still found mostly afk people lol. But yeah, doing this in market channel is even worse.

• SherriSherri
    Ironically, I tried channel 2 and two people weren't afk. It was like a goddess blessed me.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    Sherri wrote: »
    Ironically, I tried channel 2 and two people weren't afk. It was like a goddess blessed me.
    about 84% of people on ch1 are afk... sooo yea

• SajukSajuk
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Funny thing, i did the ptj on ch3, completed it in 5 minutes because i wasn't rude to people when i noted them cussing them out and calling them profanities for them being afk. Sure the ptj idea has some huge oversights, but noting people BEFORE they get a chance to respond and calling them a bunch of names isn't how you that works kid. the 2 people you contacted the other night before i mailed you the fragment WERE online but ignoring you cause you were being a huge jerkwad.
  • LenkyunLenkyun
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    It's true that the Tara bank PTJ does probably need some kind of revamp (Darkpixie99's idea with tasks involving NPCs is a good one), since it was always a little difficult to wind up getting someone who was available, whether they were AFK or busy with something else such as a shadow mission or dungeon. However, OP, it's worth noting you might receive more sympathy had you not started noting people to curse them out and call them some of the worst vulgarities just because they happen to not respond to you (and do bear in mind, not everyone who doesn't respond to a friend request or note is necessarily AFK, they could very well just not want to add someone who they don't know, or they could be actively ignoring you in particular because they've heard about the notes you sent to others). You catch more flies with honey and all that jazz.
    Asuriel
  • SajukSajuk
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    by the way Assuming people are AFK literally 2 minutes or less after your initial insult note is also stupid of you. They havent even gotten a chance to read and ignore the first one.
    AsurielGreta
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 3, 2017
    Or, OR....we can have some feature where we can determine who is not AFK. Perhaps a movement sensor? I will be honest OP, this is super selfish of you to ask for a suggestion that would effect a vast majority of people for your own little ends that will affect, 1% of the playerbase.

I mean, most of us at points AFK with a shop open. Having a shop open is something you can do while away, so why not? I cannot enter Festia with a shop. I might disconnected during intense gameplay, sometimes I am just bored and doing something else and seriously, you want to kick most people because you want to do a job very few people do?

KryoAsuriel
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    20% person that set as the target in this PTJ is in my friend list, coincidentally
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I've played other games where if people went inactive for x amount of time it would show [Away] near their name. If this could be implemented into Mabi, then the PTJ could discard all the [Away] characters and go for the active ones, and problems would be solved. :D
    KryoAsurielSherriDarkpixie99
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960

I don't agree with the "kicking people" from the game idea. I am actively at my computer when I AFK, I just am not always looking at my computer screen. So if I was kicked off of mabi because I was afk for too long, well, then that would be a pain in the neck having to relog every single time. Not everyone who is afk on mabi is working, sleeping, or whatever. Some of us are just sitting at our computer watching youtube, playing other games, browsing sites and so on. I think changing it to NPCs would be better, but kicking people off the game for AFK'ing would cause people to get pissed and stop playing.
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Mey wrote: »
    I've played other games where if people went inactive for x amount of time it would show [Away] near their name. If this could be implemented into Mabi, then the PTJ could discard all the [Away] characters and go for the active ones, and problems would be solved. :D

This is actually a very good idea. Like, it doesn't have to say, "Away" all the time, either. I've played games where it had the "AFK/Away" symbol with a "BRB" symbol and so on. OP just needs to stop being so upset. Falias frags, when you find them, aren't even that expensive. Last I checked, they were 100k a pop.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Eh, I like the idea of this to be the hardest part time job ever due to high chances of getting afk players as the receiver. Otherwise, falias fragment would just be too easy to get.

I have fond memories of this part time job. The nice people that I got along with right now, I knew them because of this ptj. This is also one of my main source of income when I was still a newb. I like it because dedication in Mabi is actually rewarded.

And @Sajuk is right, you should always be polite. I was always double, triple checking my notes before sending them to make sure it doesn't sound pushy and forceful, because they are doing you a favor by meeting you. You shouldn't be rude when you are asking for a favor.
  • SherriSherri
    edited April 3, 2017
    Or, OR....we can have some feature where we can determine who is not AFK. Perhaps a movement sensor? I will be honest OP, this is super selfish of you to ask for a suggestion that would effect a vast majority of people for your own little ends that will affect, 1% of the playerbase.

I mean, most of us at points AFK with a shop open. Having a shop open is something you can do while away, so why not? I cannot enter Festia with a shop. I might disconnected during intense gameplay, sometimes I am just bored and doing something else and seriously, you want to kick most people because you want to do a job very few people do?

There is no need to be rude you know. Besides;
    either that, or put in a feature that will automatically remove your name from the Tara Bank PTJ if you stand still for like 45 minutes

They did state that idea. :/ They didn't just say to kick people, they thought of other ideas on how to fix this.

Also, I'd watch the language. ;)
    I'd hate for a mod to lock this :c
  • RuzukiRuzuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited March 21, 2017
    Because I have major salt, and because I doubt the GMs are going to do anything regarding the OP sending me and multiple other users notes like this, despite me sending in a ticket, I would like to share some of the highlights I was sent.
    -removed-
    (Some of my friends showed me what this user sent them as well, mine were relatively mild.)

On topic, I would support a revamp of how the Tara PTJ works. I often afk during events that encourage being logged in (like timer events and etc), and I usually feel pretty guilty if I find I missed a message from someone needing me for a ptj.

(But I dont feel guilty at all in OPs case because they deserve it for being so rude and aggressive. As others mentioned, they have a reputation now.)
This discussion has been closed.