Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What was the best gacha ever?

XiokunXiokun
Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
in General Chat
What was your favorite / best gacha in the history of your time in Mabinogi? What was your favorite drop?
Mine has to be from the Christmas gacha when they first released the holy / fallen guardian angel wings. It was the first gacha EVER where I got wings my first try, let alone being from NX earned from offers. (Remember when that was a thing?) My second favorite was the G20 gacha because of all the armor, crystals, and the crystal wings I got. Then Probably my most favorite now is the Ecwea orb because they finally took out all the stuff I hated and added good stuff!

Also on this topic, what's your favorite item from THIS current gacha? Mine has to be the debonair tuxedo. It suits my massive ego character pretty well. :-)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Tail Gacha ;^)
    MissFortuneSylviaWolfe
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    My favorite has to be the Ecwea orb, have not been around that long, but it's my favorite from your reasons above aka you actually have a good % chance of getting something decent, at least in my experience.
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    99 NX gacha. The only time when everyone got their money's worth.
    FweepSherriBlissfulkillShaeliHazurahSylviaWolfe
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    I'm probably the only one, but my favorite was the SAO gacha where I got my first pair of wings: the Cait Sith wings. The autumn gacha that gave out flame wings (I think about 4 years or so ago?), and the spring gacha that gave out the new cutiefly/butterfly wings come in at a close second. Those two were the only gachas I managed to get a pair of wings I wanted in one 11 stack.

From this gacha, I love the Enchanted Bride's dress, it's so cute! But I'll never be able to buy it, unless I open more gachas. Ah well... :')
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    my personal favorite has to be the Equipment Gacha that was done around the time of the Fate/Stay Night event. Got a few Abysmal r1 Shields from that and other lovely high-roll weapons from that. Also where I got my Masterpiece Bow
  • BleuieBleuie
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    The wing gacha at Christmas about two years ago! It had Royal Rose (favorite M outfit!!) and a ton of wing colors, as well as pink dyes <3
    I wasn't around for it, but Cherish Me gacha seemed like it had some really good stuff too ;u;

From this gacha, Purity Power wings! :3 I'd love to get a pair, but they seem kinda sparse and I keep binge-buying dyes lmao. I hope everyone who's been trying to buy them for months on Mari server manages to snag a pair <3
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    My best stroke of luck was the sleepwear gacha where I got the fluffy White Dominion Wings.

But for best value for money I'd say the Spring gachapon that gave you a guaranteed fixed dye and a metal dye with each gacha opened.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Can't really think of what was the best but
    I can pick many of 'the worst' gacha ' >'
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Eweca or Dye. Yes, the basic ones.
    That or nothing.
    Tentacle wrote: »

When did this happen :O
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sherri wrote: »
    Eweca or Dye. Yes, the basic ones.
    That or nothing.
    Tentacle wrote: »

When did this happen :O
    A while back. Most drops were worth their price in NX at least. Gold was a bit iffy, but for ten cents, it was god.
    Don't buy it needlessly. If you don't buy in increments of 10, you're NX will never be zero, and if you are OCD....well, good luck.

Sob.png

• CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I really loved the Laighlinne Box, it was very kind to me and gave me everything I needed to become a bard. As for drop rates, I think the G20 gacha was amazing and I loved the Bingopon one, a lot of the fail items were super useful.

I'm a bit concerned about newer gacha though, at least between me and my SO we seem to be buying more and getting less, and it seems to be a trend. They've also apparently stopped giving out side rewards for some of the more recent gachas, mostly this current one and the MusicQ. It makes me worried that this will be a trend too. They originally raised the price for gachas from $10 to $15 for a stack iirc. They tried to raise it to $20 with student uniform gacha but got a lot of backlash. Now they're taking away the side reward which again makes it less bang for your buck. I'm just worried since I know a few people who quit due to the ever worsening drop rates.
    FearZelgadis
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    edited March 20, 2017
    urns were pretty fun when it first came out
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I have to say Eweca is always awesome to me. Helps me get exploration out of the way and gives me plenty of stuff to sell.
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    My favorites were....

Birthday Gachapon- Back when the Succubus and Bat outfits were very wanted items.

Romantic Gift Box- I remember there being a ton of awesome outfits in this.

Spring Wind Gift Box- I was really excited when this came out because it was basically the first way to obtain wings. I never got to buy any of this one but because of it I was able to buy my fist set of white cupid wings.

Production Gachapon- These were great because who doesn't want nice useful sewing patterns.

Laighlinne's Old Box- Legitimately got more gold from this gacha than any other I have done.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    They've all been generally good to me, with the exception of like, every summoning urn, and moreso the tail gacha. I got my tail, but I did it the insane way-- with wishbones. I s'pose the Spring Wind Gift Box would be the best in a sense to me, since it kicked off my luck as well as gave me the exact wings I wanted when they first came out.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    my fav would be the loot-o-lantern from last halloween. it had decent drop rates, even giving me 2 of the new enchants, which got me a decent amount of gold. and also the music-q and frozen heart boxes as well. as for eweca, I tried one stack once, and it didn't get me anything good, so don't really like that one.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    my fav would be the loot-o-lantern from last halloween. it had decent drop rates, even giving me 2 of the new enchants, which got me a decent amount of gold. and also the music-q and frozen heart boxes as well. as for eweca, I tried one stack once, and it didn't get me anything good, so don't really like that one.

It could not have come at a worst time, on the tail of the previous summoning urns and their accessory enchants.

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 20, 2017
    Flame Wing Orb and Shamala were my favorites. Watching everyone getting a wing orb after years of rigged RNG where hardly anyone actually got a wing was so satisfying. I really wish we could see more transformation seals for sale, I really hate having to Solonogi for every transformation rank.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    The best times I did gacha were when I did a bundle of the SAO gacha and got a Yui and Cait Sith wings, and the Demonic Box gacha of when I managed to get two Mysterious Robes and DK armor M.

Good times. =w=