Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts on Jubilee event?

badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
Posts: 519
Member
edited March 22, 2017 in General Chat
Basically I want to know everyone's opinions on the anniversary event.

I haven't been on to try it yet, but right off the bat I'm a bit disappointed at the drop rates looking the same as they were for the star coin event. The prizes look good, but I don't know if I'm even going to attempt until I see drop rates from the gift boxes.

What about everyone else?

Comments

  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    All I have to say about it:

    Do the Samba.
    Sherri
  • AichannAichann
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Posts: 21
    Member
    My friend has already seen a few of the female outfits, the drop rate can't be that bad. Though I also haven't been on yet, currently updating as we speak. (Alexina)
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,665
    Posts: 57
    Member
    Its not 5 coupons per day, so yeah, way better than star event.
    AichannXiokunLiyetaNilremSylviaWolfeSherriImaizumiIyasenuJackiee
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,060
    Posts: 887
    Member
    I love the simplicity of it actually. :)
  • BerrySwirlBerrySwirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,885
    Posts: 780
    Member
    I'm really happy with it, the rewards are good and it's not overly hard to do.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,900
    Posts: 805
    Member
    edited March 22, 2017
    I got the Samba Festival Headdress and Wig (F) from my first box after completing quest.
    9ad479c722b3470bb7e59b94ef2ca2f1.png
    (The headdress glows at night time)
    I'd like to see what the wings look like.

    I'm fine with this event. Honestly
  • BerrySwirlBerrySwirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,885
    Posts: 780
    Member
    My husband got the samba dress his first box, and also the male wig+headdress from an alt.

    The drop rates seem to be really fair. I'm so excited to see what the wings look like and the outfit once I can actually log in!
    badnewsbarrettxDestruction
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,000
    Posts: 2,309
    Member
    Well, that's definitely not what I thought the outfits were. XD
  • BerrySwirlBerrySwirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,885
    Posts: 780
    Member
    edited March 22, 2017
    @Leinei

    It's like, lil bra and panties with fabric hanging down.

    Now we need pole dancing.
    xDestructionMomoeRukiyaLiyetaSherri
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Posts: 73
    Member
    Harukari wrote: »
    I got the Samba Festival Headdress and Wig (F) from my first box after completing quest.
    9ad479c722b3470bb7e59b94ef2ca2f1.png
    (The headdress glows at night time)
    I'd like to see what the wings look like.

    I'm fine with this event. Honestly
    If you need to revive someone, just rub your head on them. Wig has a free feather function.

    Harukari
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,900
    Posts: 805
    Member
    edited March 22, 2017
    Samba Festival Feathery Wings

    7b10214076e14d76b45a69eec82bec4d.png

    I would also like to point out, you cannot use the spread wings action with these.
    Since description of them clearly say "Decorative" and "Costume"
    badnewsbarrettCrisis1SylviaWolfeSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Posts: 519
    Member
    Its not 5 coupons per day, so yeah, way better than star event.


    Hmm that's true lol, didn't think about that.

    Just as someone who has trouble running Hard/can't run Elite or Lord, it just sucks the drop rates are lower. I said the same thing about the star event though.

    If the drop rates for the prizes are good though, I might try to run a few later when I get on. I'm also excited to see the wings as well, mainly it's them I want to know about in terms of drop rates lol.
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Posts: 73
    Member
    The wings looks amazing!!! If only they can be dyed.
    SylviaWolfe
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    Posts: 6,831
    Member
    I'm kinda disappointed that GM event is really late in EU time. Why Nexon is bullying Eu players? I know it's Nexon NA, but you know that there's huge population of EU players too...
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,900
    Posts: 805
    Member
    Crisis1 wrote: »
    The wings looks amazing!!! If only they can be dyed.

    They are pretty awesome looking! Sadly since they can't be dyed I won't be keeping them. >:
    Crisis1
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Posts: 73
    Member
    Harukari wrote: »
    Crisis1 wrote: »
    The wings looks amazing!!! If only they can be dyed.

    They are pretty awesome looking! Sadly since they can't be dyed I won't be keeping them. >:
    It's alright because free wings! Dev cat making progress c:.
    LF>buzz lightyear wings meme
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 314
    Member
    THOSE WINGS! Now to see how the Fiery are
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed that GM event is really late in EU time. Why Nexon is bullying Eu players? I know it's Nexon NA, but you know that there's huge population of EU players too...

    Well, I assume their attempt to "remember" us was in the 11am server time (for me it's 8pm).
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,940
    Posts: 2,759
    Member
    Harukari wrote: »
    Samba Festival Feathery Wings

    7b10214076e14d76b45a69eec82bec4d.png

    I would also like to point out, you cannot use the spread wings action with these.
    Since description of them clearly say "Decorative" and "Costume"
    I like those wings. Those are Samba-dass wings you got.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,900
    Posts: 805
    Member
    From the looks of it. Drop rates seem to be decent.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    Posts: 6,831
    Member
    edited March 22, 2017
    NekoLily wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed that GM event is really late in EU time. Why Nexon is bullying Eu players? I know it's Nexon NA, but you know that there's huge population of EU players too...

    Well, I assume their attempt to "remember" us was in the 11am server time (for me it's 8pm).

    For me it is around 3-5am when GM events usually happen :') There used to be some GM events 8-9pm my time, but it was long ago...
    EDIT: Oh my god, i didn't see there is 1st and 2nd appearances in that GM Event. Seems like 1st one will be right around 9pm my time, which is good i guess? Phew... I'm stupid Dx